Pages:
Author

Topic: Be safe: READ THIS BEFORE TRADING/BUYING/USING YOUR MONEY - page 9. (Read 293318 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Helpful post for me.
Activity: 150
1) Don't just trust the status of a member, anyone can be a hero member. This just means that he invested some time on his membership. He can always decide that a profitable scam will be a good payment for his time. However, a Hero account without negative feedback can be sold for more than 0.5 btcs. Therefore, he probably won't scam you for less than that, because a negative feedback from you would lower its value substantially.
2) Never deal with anyone without doing a search in the forum with his nickname, in order to check if he has scam accusations.
3) Ask for his coin address and always search it on http://blockchain.info, www.cryptocoinexplorer.com or other similar site, to verify if his address has the amounts he wants to sell.
4) Be very suspicious about proposals well under market price or if he accepts your proposal under market price with no negotiation.
5) Look for the reputation/trust of the member, checking also his successful trades, in the form of vouches from the other party on the deal. Be aware that positive trust can be forged by making and using more bitcointalk accounts and the trust system can be more or less avoided by changing its settings.
6) Even if he has some reputation, never send all the money in one transfer: send one first small tranche (ex. 0.05 btc) and wait for his payment. Send a second little higher tranche and wait again, etc. Small increments, because he might decide to pay you the first and second, to scam a bigger tranche. Always suspect if he doesn't accept to trade in small tranches, unless he has an excellent reputation.
7) If he has no reputation (specially if he is a newbie or Jr.), even small tranches are very risky. Better use an escrow system, like the one of www.btcrow.com, or a trusted member, or you might need to send more than 10 very small tranches. Think well before sending more than 0.15 btcs (it's considerable money in some countries) and only after 3 or 4 successful payments of 0.05 and 0.1 btcs.
8] For big amounts use an escrow system, unless the member has an excellent reputation. If he doesn't accept, forget the deal. Always protect your capital.
9) Only trade codes (ex. of virtual gift cards) with members with a very good reputation or using a very trusted escrow member that will have to go to the account and apply the code himself. The buyer will have to give the escrow person his password and change it again after. With an automatic escrow system, the buyer can claim falsely that the code was already redeemed when he received it or that his account was blocked after.
10) Don't sell any cryptocoin to paypal or other reversible system, unless the buyer has good reputation. The buyer can chargeback and, since it's against paypal's TOS to trade currency, paypal usually gives your money back to the buyer.

Here is a list of escrow members: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/escrow-list-108716

I agree with what you said there is no one that exceed scamming most people in crypto world want to out smart the other person because once someone is good at reading insights to data he or she will know when to pump out coins and mostly newbies are always a victim. Legendary member that does this doesnt it mean he have scam the newbie because his yet to master this crypto trading
Activity: 35
thanks for information
Activity: 3
Thanks for the advice.
Activity: 4
I think if you don't have money to spare you should definitely look into all the airdrops going on right now.
There are a few websites that offer lists of them too.
We also are offering one: https://thorium.exchange/
 Grin
Activity: 46
Thank u for giving this great information
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Augmented Reality World Discovered
Great info, this thread and others like this, give valuable data for all crypto members!
Activity: 18
What I find funny is that so many people complain about my trolling yet I'm likely one of the most honest people on this forum...sometimes brutally honest.

But never scammed anyone nor ever intend to.

It is always the self proclaimed saviors that offer x% on your money if you send it to them blah blah blah.

Scammers in my book are the equivalent of PUSSIES who are too afraid to go hack it (no pun intended) on their own. Damn mamma's boys.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I like the honesty
Activity: 126
bagus dan bermanfaat
Activity: 252
Thank for good information . im a newbie and i will read all comment.
Activity: 39
Thanks for this...this can go a long way in helping to prevent someone from losing his hard earned cash
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
thank you for the info, it is very helpful for newbies who are new to the world of trading
Activity: 27
Merit: 1
Thanks buddy for the info.
Activity: 1
Thanks for the heads up! really helpful. Need to be careful... Scammers and frauds are everywhere these days  Sad Sad Sad
Activity: 1
oh my god  new ICO:

please  come..love you  Grin Grin

https://referral.current.us/?mwr=6402-63233d61
Activity: 168
Merit: 3
Independent Ratings Agency Alerts Investors About Dangers of Tether
Weiss Ratings, an independent U.S. agency which recently published letter grades for cryptocurrencies, has issued an alert to investors about the dangers of tether (USDT). It highlights common fears about the stablecoin which is claimed to be fully covered by U.S. dollar reserves.(The goal is to shave the hamsters)
(self-build analysis)
“The big issue: There’s never been an audit, and the folks behind Tether has been quite shady when asked. They have continuously claimed their tokens are backed 100% by actual dollars, yet they have failed to present any evidence to support this claim. On social media, there appears to be consensus that what Tether is actually doing is running a fractional reserve system. In other words, most observers claim they DO NOT have the dollars to back up all those Tether coins.
Activity: 182
Gotta be really cool seing all these posts when they get at least a member status.

My mistakes were: believing what people say in chats.

forums are useful things. they help not to get into a bad situation
Activity: 182
thanks for your advice. hope it will be ok Smiley
Activity: 44
Good information, thanks!
Activity: 2
Gotta be really cool seing all these posts when they get at least a member status.

My mistakes were: believing what people say in chats.
Pages:
Jump to: