Pages:
Author

Topic: Best competitors to Ethereum? - page 63. (Read 11171 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 10
July 13, 2018, 04:10:13 PM
Which are the best competitors to Ethereum, and why do you think so?

(I know on top of my head that Cardano and IOTA try to challenge Ethereum,
although they still haven't proved much from my understanding?)

The best competitor of Ethereum coins is Litecoin. Yes, I chose Litecoin because I think Altcoin is a good development besides Ethereum ie Litecoin.
Activity: 294
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
July 13, 2018, 03:50:01 PM
Make no mistake about it, the closest competitor fro ETH is NEO.  Other potentials are EOS and ICON.  But if I had to say could ETH be overtaken within a couple of years by anyone, then I would say NEO, for all the reasons already mentioned in this thread.
I also think that only NEO can compare with ETH. NEO and ETH have the same functions, and processing speed of ETH and NEO are the same. If I had a lot of money, then I would buy both of these coins and then hold ETH and NEO for about a year
Activity: 324
July 13, 2018, 03:46:26 PM
I think that the best one is btc. It is the most powerful one and not everyone will think that ether can become its competitor but i think so. To my mind, it is ether that whill take a decent place in the crypto world soon
Activity: 121
July 13, 2018, 03:45:04 PM
As it seems to me, they simply do not exist, as many transactions occur due to this coin
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
July 13, 2018, 03:41:11 PM
I think EOS and NEO are the best ones now because they have huge communities and really great and very perspective technologies
Activity: 448
July 13, 2018, 03:32:13 PM
One and only- it's Bitcoin. Except bitcoin nobody gave tough competiton to Ethereum. But there are some altcoin which may be gave, but i think they are just temporary. Otherwise, i think that altcoins are- LTC, NEO, ICON, ERC20 and BTC cash! These five are my top 5 of Ethereum competitor, but they are just temporary.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
July 13, 2018, 03:30:58 PM
About Cardano, I've heard a lot of positive and therefore I believe that this company will compete with the etherium. She has a very good company that works in a smart world.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
July 13, 2018, 03:28:45 PM
Competitors are other smart contract blockchains: nem, nxt, waves, lisk and plenty of new ones coming. But Ethereum is well positioned as the undisputed leader so competitors will mostly die off or be left in irrelevance.
Activity: 168
July 13, 2018, 03:24:27 PM
I believe that the best competitor for the etherium will be EOS. EOS is an excellent coin, but it will take him years to catch up with him. But I believe in it.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 13, 2018, 03:19:49 PM
I don't believe that ETH has a competitor and that it will appear in the near future. If ETH had a competitor, then today it would have been on the third place in the list of volume of capitalization. ETH is the leader among alternative coins.

Well, that's relative to the current price of the coin and circulating supply. Any Ethereum competitor can easily reach the third place in market cap if it rises in value, and its circulating supply is a lot more than Ethereum's. But up to date, no other competitor has been able to reach Ethereum's value, leaving them behind Ethereum in market cap. As such, Ethereum will remain popular and actively supported by everyday people due to its second place in market cap which is next to Bitcoin.

No other cryptocurrency has been able to deliver the level of decentralization, security, and resiliency Ethereum has, which greatly resembles that of Bitcoin's. Even with the advanced technology that EOS provides, it has been unable to directly compete with Ethereum because it lacks mainstream adoption and attention from individuals and companies alike. With all the recent issues inherent within EOS such as high level of centralization, and bugs, it’s getting harder for it to reach a higher place in market cap, making Ethereum the top choice for decentralized applications today.

However, if Ethereum's competitors take the effort to improve in terms of development, security, and decentralization, then they could easily become viable alternatives to Ethereum in the long run. While others have been able to scale to large TPS much earlier than Ethereum, they don't have the level of usability ETH has. Therefore, Ethereum will always be the leader of smart contracts for years to come. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 73
July 13, 2018, 07:47:44 AM
I know that Etherum have some competitors in cryptocurrency industry. The likes of cardano, EOS . NEO are competitors to Etherum but for now, etherum is superior to these ones mentioned above.
Activity: 403
Merit: 100
July 13, 2018, 05:13:21 AM

It is difficult for Cardano and IOTA to try to challenge Ethereum, though the future of Cardano and IOTA is very bright but the future of Ethereum is equally classy. I think Ethereum is the 2nd most popular coin after Bitcoin. because I have seen many projects using blockchain ethereum technology and many tokens out there in the market based on ethereum networks.
Activity: 112
sunxcoin.com - crypto/Fiat exchange ecosystem
July 13, 2018, 05:08:02 AM
I believe that the most serious competitor of Ethereum is Cardano. Its strong developing team makes me believe that Cardano is the potential rival of Ethereum...

Activity: 686
Merit: 102
July 13, 2018, 05:04:52 AM
EOS is an excellent coin, but to catch up with the Ethereum it will take him years, at best. And most importantly, do not forget that the Ethereum is also developing. By the way, in the near future, EOS in principle can become a substitute for the ethereum, if the ethereum itself is recognized as a valuable paper. Until the end of the week, I think that we will find out about it. But if this is so, then EOS is waiting for a very serious growth
Activity: 87
July 13, 2018, 05:02:46 AM
Neo is the biggest competitor of ETH right now, this project is has a goal to reduce the flaws of ethereum blockchain. This project is also backed by Chinese government. Chances are this will over take the ETH market in future.
Activity: 252
Merit: 2
July 13, 2018, 04:58:22 AM
I think NEO is the best competitor for Ethereum in the future, NEO is called Ethereum from China so I'm sure NEO development will be like Ethereum and become bigger in the future
Activity: 1274
Merit: 319
July 13, 2018, 04:43:29 AM

Waves.
Has the same potential like Ethereum. Because:
-low fixed fees
-no POW -> more energy efficient
-Wallet, Dex, Fiat-Gateway -> all in one
-open source
-strong team 100 people
-private (Vostok) and public (Waves) blockchain -> essential for companies
-mobile wallet with build in Dex as well
-100Tx+/sec
Activity: 112
July 13, 2018, 04:38:54 AM
The best competition to ethereum currently is neo because many people are now creating coins on the platform to avoid ethereum clog issues..
Activity: 210
Merit: 5
July 13, 2018, 04:35:48 AM

One and only competitor to Ethereun can be Bitcoin I guess, and it is because they are number one and number two on this market for now. So even if we would look logically we will see the 1st and 2nd are competitors.
Bitcoin and eth have absolutely different goals and objectives, they can not be competitors. The only real competitor of ETh is Neo, this is already an operational platform.
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
July 13, 2018, 04:31:30 AM
I believe that the ethereum does not have a competitor at the moment. Yes, there are many currencies with different implementations of the concepts of the ethereum, but only the ethereum has such a large community
Pages:
Jump to: