Pages:
Author

Topic: Best privacy coin? - page 23. (Read 15383 times)

Activity: 256
Merit: 100
December 17, 2017, 02:50:47 PM
Finally SpectreCoin gets the recognition it deserves

Wow, no kidding.  Won't be long now before it clears $1... and then it's off to the races!

It's about time, too.  Of all the privacy coins I know, it's the only one that can give Monero a serious run for the money, though it's use case is a bit different.  XSPEC aspires to be the premiere privacy coin for small remittances; XMR is better for large transactions.  I recommend having both in one's portfolio; both will do well in the coming months and years.
Activity: 150
update : namewastaken
December 17, 2017, 12:26:55 PM
xspec although investing in at least 4 of them is a good choice
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
December 17, 2017, 12:21:44 PM
I think Monero is still the best. About Dash I don't see it as a real private coin because too many data are available on the blockchain.
Activity: 659
December 17, 2017, 12:17:46 PM
I think you should add DeepOnion to this list. This coin is at the beginning but it grows fast and has a good and strong community. It has a good future to come Smiley

I like Monero too but prefer DeepOnion Wink

Is deepcoin privacy coin too??
Actually i dont really think privacy coin is very very important in cryptocurrency.
For some peoplei know it is important. Monero could be the next risen star if privacy coin really grow next year.
Well privacy is very needed in cryptocurrency and as Mcafee said or tweeted goodcoins like xvg, xmr and zec. I have some monero waiting to have a jump in price for the future. Best coin for me is verge
RKh
Activity: 406
Merit: 102
December 17, 2017, 12:13:13 PM
Some "groundbreaking" as they say ICO's and projects
are already copying XSPEC client from the github keeping their own githubs closed

Activity: 210
Merit: 10
December 16, 2017, 08:46:41 PM
I think you should add DeepOnion to this list. This coin is at the beginning but it grows fast and has a good and strong community. It has a good future to come Smiley

I like Monero too but prefer DeepOnion Wink

Is deepcoin privacy coin too??
Actually i dont really think privacy coin is very very important in cryptocurrency.
For some peoplei know it is important. Monero could be the next risen star if privacy coin really grow next year.
Activity: 420
December 16, 2017, 06:43:56 PM
Deeponion and verge imo. Monero most popular but verge is cheap and more potential

No really, Deeoponion is a primitive one without exchange. You can't even buy/sold it freely with high volumes. But monero has lots of markets including assian ones and it's great from many years until now.
Activity: 242
Merit: 7
December 16, 2017, 06:33:03 PM
Deeponion and verge imo. Monero most popular but verge is cheap and more potential
Activity: 106
December 16, 2017, 06:31:43 PM
monero (XMR) for sure
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
December 16, 2017, 06:04:29 PM
I think privacy coins are very important in crypto, and hold the true nature and intention of this space. I believe that 2018 will be a big year for privacy based projects.

If you had $10k to invest, where would you spread it in privacy coins and why? Which ones do you think will truly succeed and stand the test of time?

Some options to work with:

Monero
Zcash
ZenCash
Verge
Cloak

My vote goes to Monero, but I'm really liking ZenCash.

ZenCash has a low supply and was recently hyped up on the Palm Beach Confidential newsletter and is a full blown privacy platform. Monero seems to me like a very strong currency with excellent standards for privacy, and a relatively low supply. I can see both of these coins in the $1000+ price.

From your list monero and Zcash are the best option so far based on their white paper.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
December 16, 2017, 06:03:50 PM
Monero.

Some guys said XSPEC, it is cool.
It seems XMR and XSPEC may grow even higher.
Activity: 602
December 16, 2017, 06:02:12 PM
Monero and Zencash rocks!
Activity: 105
Iron sharpeneth iron BTC 13TZeA5bWGfrAsUqbnAUiQHhq
December 16, 2017, 05:45:30 PM
For me Spectrecoin is one of the best anonymous coin if not the best though unknown yet to many because of lack of marketing but it should change soon with an update of the wallet android wallet also with the ability to stake and spectrecash anonymous cash transfer from anywhere in the world
Activity: 258
December 16, 2017, 05:43:10 PM
Monero is the best.

You have to include SPECTRE, XSPEC.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247
December 16, 2017, 05:30:16 PM
Can someone tell me why we need any of these coins when Ethereum adopts the zk- snark technology?  Wink
Activity: 256
December 16, 2017, 04:35:12 PM
Spectrecoin.

It has native Tor integration, meaning it is running on Tor any time it is connected, and your IP address is effectively hidden.  It has the OBFS4 obfuscation protocol integrated, which makes it impossible to detect that it is running on Tor, enabling its use in Tor blocked countries.  It employs ring signatures for transactional anonymity.  An upcoming version that is currently under development will make stealth transactions the default (right now, they have to be manually selected), which will eliminate the chances of accidentally making a public transaction.  It is on track to be the first coin to introduce stealth staking.  There is a low power Android staking wallet on the roadmap, and the crowning glory will be the SpectreCash small remittance Android app, to facilitate 100% anonymous peer-to-peer transactions.

You can find out more about this hidden gem here: http://coinwiki.info/en/SpectreCoin
Join our vibrant and growing community on slack: http://slack.spectreproject.io/
Activity: 154
December 16, 2017, 04:09:14 PM
Zcash and monero (and other cryptonite forks of XMR) AFAIK are the only true anon coins
Activity: 203
December 16, 2017, 01:58:10 PM
monero? people say about this coin all the time when they need anonymous transaction. I'm still dont understand how monero can hide their transaction. should I buy some to test

The guy above gave details about monero's advantages. I've been using it for more than 8-9 months and I really like it because the anonymus features of it. Plus, speculative actions in Monero is very good for holders.
Activity: 258
The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export
December 16, 2017, 01:56:06 PM
Right on brother I think 2018 will also be year of the privacy coins as well as forking hell. Those coins you mentioned are for sure going to have great gains in 2018 but you left out a few that I think also will make big strides.
Those include Dash, DeepOnion, and Spectre. I think it doesn't matter which privacy coin you fancy if it is marketed well enough and is private enough all the coins will have good success. And honestly I am not sure which one will do the best but I would think that would go to Dash or Monero but one of these smaller caps could outperform them in 2018 as well.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
December 16, 2017, 12:41:44 PM
monero? people say about this coin all the time when they need anonymous transaction. I'm still dont understand how monero can hide their transaction. should I buy some to test

Simple. It is achieved with 4 things:

1. Ring signatures, that hide the output being used by hiding it among several others that also appear to be used. NOTE: this is very different than mixing.

2. Stealth addresses, that removes the association between outputs and addresses.

3. RingCT, that is basically a confidential transactions that works with a ring signatures.  (Updated with Bulletproofs in 2018)

4. Kovri, that hides the IP for the transaction broadcast. This data is never stored on-chain, but it can help protect users from malicious nodes.  ( Updated in 2018)

But even with all that Monero is still work in progress and research and adds new innovations to always stray ahead of blockchain analysis.

You dont need to buy any Monero. Download GUI https://github.com/monero-project/monero-gui/releases/tag/v0.11.1.0 and set to testnet and solo mine yourself few testnet Monero and play wit them. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: