Pages:
Author

Topic: Best Time to Sell Altcoins - page 38. (Read 5503 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516
May 28, 2018, 08:57:36 AM
Hy guys. Most of the time I use to trade with altcoins and I use to sell altcoins when they are above ICO price and giving some profit. I do not hold atlcoins for long time. What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ??  

almost like you, i sell my coin when the price higher than ICO price. i think it is the best time to sell it, just don't be greedy, the market can fall anytime. just sell your coin when you think you already get enough of profit.
Well of course and very right once if it's getting a profit even if only a little better selling not have greedy emotions for more profit cause everyone else thinks so,I also like that sometimes if want to get a profit but sometimes I wait for 3 or 5 months after there in the market then I sell it and it's the most appropriate time cause at that time the value rise higher.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
May 28, 2018, 08:49:59 AM
Hy guys. Most of the time I use to trade with altcoins and I use to sell altcoins when they are above ICO price and giving some profit. I do not hold atlcoins for long time. What if you have some altcoins, what will be your strategy to use that coins? Is there any specific best time for every altcoin and when it is going well and we should sell ?? 

almost like you, i sell my coin when the price higher than ICO price. i think it is the best time to sell it, just don't be greedy, the market can fall anytime. just sell your coin when you think you already get enough of profit.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
May 28, 2018, 05:21:52 AM
It all depends on what are you planning to buy for those altcoins. If its BTC then its better to wait for a lower BTC price.
Apart from that lower market cap altcoins aka. sh$tcoins tend to depreciate rapidly so convert them as soon as you mine them.
If you own higher market cap altcoins, keep then until there is a price spike or until BTC price is very low.
The best time to sell Altcoin is actually when you sense the stability in the prices I decreasing or the prices have reached a particular height and now will stay the same for some time or might fall. You should actually sell your Altcoin the time which will actually earn you profits. Altcoin should be held in times when the market looks optimistic and you have chance to earn in future.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
May 27, 2018, 06:52:38 PM
the right time to sell altcoin is when you get a lot of profit, I hope you buy altcoin that really has a good development and has a very useful product for the community and the future.
well, I know that selling the coins we have is when the price is going up, and I do not think this time is the right time to sell the coins we have, because all the coin assets at the moment are in red.
The right time to sell bitcoin is the time when the price will be high and it will be profitable for to sell at this time, it is usually happen that time comes when bitcoin reaches the highest price and then later on it decreases so buy when it is low sell when it is high. So now price is at increasing mode so no wise invested will sell his coins but I am planning to sell at the end of this year as price will get high for sure.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
May 27, 2018, 12:50:28 PM

But that will just limit you to a little profit. Maximizing it will take half a year or more.
If you look at their roadmaps, most of them can fulfill it for a year before the whole project is working. That is how they do it in ICO companies.
Besides, they just got the money and they dont really have the item yet. At early stage, it is just an idea before it could give fruits it takes time and effort.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
May 27, 2018, 12:39:52 PM
I think the market is about to be pump! People need to be awake!
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
May 27, 2018, 12:36:39 PM
the best time to sell coins is when you are able to earn very much profits at least 50% of the profits from when you buy in my opinion it is very good and is enough to be able to benefit.

Not always. You may have a 10% profit and want to sell. It depends on how much you believe that the project is worth and how much you are willing to risk. As soon as the minimum barrier or 10% profit is crossed you can start to think of selling the altcoin. There is no use in holding altcoins because in the future they will never become bitcoin 2.0 and thus will always be worth less than bitcoin.

Sell when you want - dont stop yourself for encashing altcoins. After all there are always new projects coming up for investing. Wink
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
CAT.EX Exchange
May 27, 2018, 02:17:53 AM
a good time to sell coins is when the price of the coin is already rising in price and when there is good news on the coin, the point is you have to be patient not too fast to sell the coin you have
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
May 27, 2018, 12:45:03 AM
the right time to sell altcoin is when you get a lot of profit, I hope you buy altcoin that really has a good development and has a very useful product for the community and the future.
well, I know that selling the coins we have is when the price is going up, and I do not think this time is the right time to sell the coins we have, because all the coin assets at the moment are in red.
Activity: 350
May 27, 2018, 12:37:40 AM
the best time to sell coins is when you are able to earn very much profits at least 50% of the profits from when you buy in my opinion it is very good and is enough to be able to benefit.
Activity: 294
May 26, 2018, 11:51:10 PM
I think that at this point you should sell altcoin and exit USDT in order to preserve capital and profit, you can see that bitcoin prices in the past few days are fluctuating continuously and are currently falling sharply. According to my analysis, bitcoin prices will probably continue to fall sharply in the coming days and will correct at $ 7200 before falling further.
Activity: 576
Merit: 43
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
May 26, 2018, 11:46:56 PM
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
May 26, 2018, 03:20:03 PM
Today's market has rebounded and the prices of coin have risen sharply. Although the market turns green and prices have changed, the price of the altcoin is still low. I advise you not to sell at this time. The market will grow and you have the opportunity to make a big profit in the future.
Yeah, it is usually like that most of the time, as majority of the alt market are tied to bitcoin. However, we still have a lot of time ahead of us to see how things will be turning out, so I guess we will just have to wait and see. For now, nothing is sure with the market.

Based on the OP's question, knowing when to sell in a market is as important as to knowing when to buy which is why you have to form your own strategy and stick with it. So many ways to know when to sell, it could be making use of the indicator; it could be utilizing price action on support and resistance and so many more.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
May 26, 2018, 12:56:00 PM
Depends on the coin, check the road map and see if there are any major features coming up and then hodl until release date. Otherwise, if the price has gone flat and there is no pump expected then dump it and switch to something with more liquidity.

Speaking of altcoins though not every coin is going to go down so hard that they will be tough to track. In fact in future a pump can happen with any coin depending on what FUD is being spread by the shills of the coin. If you are a believer of any project then be a loyal one. Sell what you need to cash it out but then dont think or sulk about it in future.

Obviously scam projects will be dumped once the real scam is revealed. For such cases its better to sell even a lower price to cut your loss as much as you can early before the price drops even more to remain there for ever.
Activity: 152
https://eloncity.io/
May 26, 2018, 07:28:43 AM
I think, that good way to sell altcoins is when it multiplies his price many times over in s hort time. Usually, these project are new. But new projects usually are scum, so you need to find really good. I can help with it. I know one and its name is TraceTo. This is a decentralized KYC network, which uses AI and SmartContract to verify. I suppose, that it`s good for investa and I have some reasons to think so. First reason - software like this is in demand. Second reason - good crew with many years of experience. I believe, that you can get profits from this
Activity: 798
Merit: 281
May 26, 2018, 05:33:47 AM

Depends on the coin, check the road map and see if there are any major features coming up and then hodl until release date. Otherwise, if the price has gone flat and there is no pump expected then dump it and switch to something with more liquidity.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
May 26, 2018, 04:36:20 AM
Best time to sell altcoins is when your profit target is achieved. That's the only way you can get maximum benefit from your investment. We don't sell altcoins just because there is small downward price of a coin.
Well, we have to have a clear target price, should not expect too high on the market price, so focus on research and price tracking, if there are profits you sell them, do not wait long. Their prices fluctuate often we will not anticipate.
I personally make use of support and resistance in my trade and the good thing about the market and knowing how to trade easily is to be able to identify support and resistance in every market which will always make you to trade effectively.

Most times, what I do is to make use of the RSI or stoch indicator to know an overbought spot and then rule out all my support and resistance line as they can still serve the same purpose depending on the movement of the market at any time. The idea is buying at support with a stop loss below the support level and sells at resistance, with a stop loss above the resistance level. Clearly, this makes things easy for a trade setup.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
May 25, 2018, 01:29:13 PM
I am using systematic investment plan while investing and even while selling my investments and this is applicable not only to Bitcoin but altcoins too. This plan emphasizes on buying smaller units at a higher frequency of time when the price is declining and selling when the price is rising on the market wall in the same way as per the purchase but in reverse order. So if you are purchasing in 20%, 30%, 50% then while selling one should go with 50%, 30% and 20% to take advantage of every price level in the best possible way.
Activity: 308
Merit: 17
May 25, 2018, 11:21:07 AM
yes, of course the thing I am going to do is the first to find accurate information about altcoin that I will invest. if it has a good chance for the long term, of course I will keep it for a long time. but if seen from the price movement that continues to decline I better sell it immediately. because if I'm going to keep it I do not think it will do any good.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
May 25, 2018, 11:17:27 AM
if I think the best time to sell altcoin coins is when the altcoin price rises even though the increase is not drastic if when doing a very good trade in order to get a good profit
Pages:
Jump to: