Pages:
Author

Topic: [BETA] BPIP Extension - user info add-on / extension for Firefox, Chrome, et al - page 7. (Read 7966 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
@suchmoon I guess you already know that BPIP website has expired certificate, and that affects BPIP extension that is currently also not working and not showing any information.
I hope this gets resolved soon.

Sorry about that, some bizarre failure with certificate renewal. Should be ok now - let me know if you're still seeing any issues.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
@suchmoon I guess you already know that BPIP website has expired certificate, and that affects BPIP extension that is currently also not working and not showing any information.
I hope this gets resolved soon.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Ok, chalk this up to an "I'm fucked in the head" kinda day sorry - I was trying to see someone who was saying they got banned, but I neglected to think about the fact that when I was testing it, it would NOT say "ACTIVE".... Sorry, I need sleep and having some personal challenges lately. Thanks for the help all, and for everyone who worked together to bring all these awesome tools together into this awesome extension. Smiley

Cheers,
owlcatz 🦉
legendary
Is the error at the end the issue?

Uhm... I don't see any errors, looks perfectly fine.

Do you see my DT2 badge? Any other data, like BPIP rank? Here is how my profile should look like with your settings (I'm not inactive etc so there won't be that):

And here is someone who is banned:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/fonenumba-357340

Edit 2 - Maybe I should clean my chrome cache completely? Huh (Ugh, no!!!) Tongue

Before doing anything so drastic (and the cache shouldn't matter) please try updating the extension - click the update button on the chrome extension page. Your screenshot shows version 2.2.4, the latest version is 2.2.5. I don't think there were any breaking changes in a minor version update but just in case.
legendary
Ok, this is sooo weird...

I've restarted, removed and reinstalled etc etc - still the same. Here are my settings:

And here is an example from console....

Is the error at the end the issue? Huh

Thanks again everyone, love this extension. Smiley

I'm sure if I tried Edge or some other browser it would work, so I haven't tried that yet obviously. Tongue

Edit 2 - Maybe I should clean my chrome cache completely? Huh (Ugh, no!!!) Tongue
legendary
it's not showing for any profiles, but I can see the element on inspection, like your profile says:

The extension creates the element on page load and fills it in once it gets data from the server. If you can't get it work after restart, could you please try the following:

• Go to the extension properties: chrome://extensions/?id=ecpfdlfjiabpdnlhmkmannofnmpdakkj
  • Click Inspect views -> background page.
  • Check the console there for any errors.

Normally it should show the request that it sent it to the server and the response, e.g.
Code:
API request: {"instance_id":null,"scope":"[DT][S]","items":["662400"]}

API response: {"result":{"662400":{"dt_score":null,
"dt_status":"DT2",
"user_status":"INACTIVE",
"recog_rank":null,"earned_merits":null,"earned_merits_all":null}},"server_settings":{"warning":"","cache_time":600}}
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓

chalkboard17 (who is mentioned above) continues to be shown as "Inactive" on my system, so I guess there's an issue at your end?
legendary
I'm noticing ACTIVE/INACTIVE/BANNED status is not working for me in Chrome but can't figure out why... Huh

It should be working. Do you have the "banned/inactive/archived" option enabled in the settings?

If it still doesn't work give me an example of a user profile that is not showing correctly.

I do. I tried enabling and disabling, and clearing all data but I've not restarted chrome yet...

it's not showing for any profiles, but I can see the element on inspection, like your profile says:

Code:

I have to run out for a few hours, but when I get back I'll give it a restart (too many windows open I need atm / bad timing!)

Thanks for the fast reply/help! Wink

legendary
I'm noticing ACTIVE/INACTIVE/BANNED status is not working for me in Chrome but can't figure out why... Huh

It should be working. Do you have the "banned/inactive/archived" option enabled in the settings?

If it still doesn't work give me an example of a user profile that is not showing correctly.
legendary
Hi, is this still in development/active?

Anyone?

thank you! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
Not that it bothers me much, but maybe the BPIP Extension developers should consider adding a new feature? In the context of hiding topics by keywords. Although, maybe I'm wrong and the guys have more important tasks ... for example, the implementation of the previous proposal. Cool

I'm not aware of any feature on Bitcointalk that allows you to filter out topics by title name. As for the userscript, enjoy (may contain bugs, use at your own risk, license: MIT license):

Code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name         Bitcointalk Board De-Musk-ifier
// @namespace    mprep
// @version      0.2
// @description  Attempts to filter out topics related to Elon Musk (or any other terms in the blacklist)
// @author       mprep
// @match        https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=*
// @grant        none
// ==/UserScript==

(function() {
    'use strict';
    ////////////////////////////////////////////// Blacklisted terms  //////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    //                   (add or remove terms to update blacklist; save the userscript after doing so)                    //
    //                            (must be lowercased, only letters, numbers and underscore)                              //

let blacklist = ["elon", "musk", "tesla"];

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

let allTopics = document.querySelectorAll("[id^='topic_'] [id^='msg_'] a");
    for (let i = 0; i < allTopics.length; i++)
    {
        let topicTitleWords = allTopics[i].innerText.replace(/[^\w\s]/gi, '').toLowerCase().split(' ');
        for (let u = 0; u < blacklist.length; u++)
        {
            if (topicTitleWords.includes(blacklist[u]))
            {
                allTopics[i].closest("tr").remove();
                break;
            }
        }
    }
})();
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
How about adding a "Refresh Profile"-button (just like the button on BPIP.org) to the extension?

How about adding a "bump power" info? if it is possible to present as value.
this could show the strength of the account.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
How about adding a "Refresh Profile"-button (just like the button on BPIP.org) to the extension?
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
We can't update 3 million users instantly so the priority is for users who conducted some sort of activity

OK, so it's just an optimization of resources and the status update can be sometimes delayed. I can live with that  Wink
All good then; I feared it's something worse, glad it wasn't.
legendary
I guess that this is a bug:

Kind of. This user had not posted anything since 2018 until today. We can't update 3 million users instantly so the priority is for users who conducted some sort of activity, e.g. made new posts or sent merits, which we can detect by fetching patrol pages and recent merit list. Inactive users have the lowest priority and we can't detect when the last activity timestamp has changed on the profile page, but once they make a post it will clear the inactive status, which I think has already happened for this particular user.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 5874
light_warrior ... 🕯️
I think this is really a bug ... in the sense that first of all I thought that the incorrect display could be due to the fact that the user actually appeared on the network, but BPIP did not have time to update the status of this user. But I checked the data for this account in seclog and found nothing, (although I don't know how often the update happens).
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

It's the same on user profile too.
legendary
The API issue has been fixed. Thanks for reporting and sorry for the lengthy downtime.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
I noticed a bug in the BPIP extension today. Earned Merits and BPIP rank are blank, just like in the image below. All profiles in all posts in my computer are like that

I'm aware and trying to fix... looks like some unrelated updates broke the API because I failed to merge the code many months ago.

DT1 and DT2 badges are also not displayed. I believe it is for the same reason
legendary
I noticed a bug in the BPIP extension today. Earned Merits and BPIP rank are blank, just like in the image below. All profiles in all posts in my computer are like that

I'm aware and trying to fix... looks like some unrelated updates broke the API because I failed to merge the code many months ago.
Pages:
Jump to: