Pages:
Author

Topic: [BETA] BPIP Extension - user info add-on / extension for Firefox, Chrome, et al - page 6. (Read 7827 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 6660
bitcoincleanup.com / bitmixlist.org
Proposal: Tipping posts via Lightning.

Haven't looked if the source code is available. I might write it myself if so.

Would be very hard to implement because it would have to load the user's profile page in the background and get the BTC address written in the "Address" section. And even then, I'm not sure how you would create a LN address from that.

Being an extension, it could open the LN address using the default wallet app, but it requiresthat it support some kind of lightning:// protocol.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 6415
Farewell, Leo
Proposal: Tipping posts via Lightning.

Haven't looked if the source code is available. I might write it myself if so.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
You need to authorize the app: https://api.imgur.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=09727b421c2303e&response_type=token

Copy the #access_token that the page will return (look at the URL bar) and use it as a Bearer token on the authorization field. Example:

Code:
     headers: { authorization: 'Bearer ef0da923dcd3c61bb4b5faa2c5418cfaef7ff340' },

Only problem is that the token expires every month, so you would need to do keep doing that.

Ha, no worries, thanks again man, that's perfect, love it! Wink

owl
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
It adds an imgur button that uploads your local file and appends the url inside a img tag.
This looks amazing and it's very useful for fast image upload, so this means we are going to see extension update between suchmoon and tryninja?
How about adding one more thing to BPIP extension reporters badge userscript created by mprep recently.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
is if there was a way to upload hidden to your [own] imgur account(if even possible ofc)
You need to authorize the app: https://api.imgur.com/oauth2/authorize?client_id=09727b421c2303e&response_type=token

Copy the #access_token that the page will return (look at the URL bar) and use it as a Bearer token on the authorization field. Example:

Code:
     headers: { authorization: 'Bearer ef0da923dcd3c61bb4b5faa2c5418cfaef7ff340' },

Only problem is that the token expires every month, so you would need to do keep doing that.
legendary
Yeah I looked for any instance of a string (client-id) that long in my cookies but couldn't find anything that matched it, so not sure... I'm like 20 years behind on this web stuff, I will admit too. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
It adds an imgur button that uploads your local file and appends the url inside a img tag.

Brilliant.

I tried to extend it with a clipboard thingy so that I could paste an image (e.g. a screenshot) into the textbox. Unfortunately imgur doesn't like Tor but I'm thinking if I got that far then it might work for someone who's not on Tor. Try at your own risk. Add the following code somewhere inside the main "function":

Code:
document.querySelector('textarea').addEventListener('paste', e => {
   if (e.clipboardData.files && e.clipboardData.files.length > 0) {
      document.getElementById('uploadImage').files = e.clipboardData.files;
      document.getElementById('uploadImage').dispatchEvent(new Event('change'));
   }
});

Dude.... Works AWESOME in my latest chrome version! I can't thank you enough, only thing better (?)is if there was a way to upload hidden to your [own] imgur account(if even possible ofc), and maybe size options lol.. Tongue (Now I'm def asking too much sorry)! Tongue Cheesy

Not sure how imgur API works - what with being unable to use it as per above - but perhaps this line can be changed to use your account:

Code:
     headers: { authorization: 'Client-ID 09727b421c2303e' },

legendary
Here is my prototype, uploaded to gist because Cloudflare was blocking me: https://gist.github.com/ninjastic/377880cea83c6fed96b94e5dbe258dd5

(image uploaded and inserted through the script itself)

Dude.... Works AWESOME in my latest chrome version! I can't thank you enough, only thing better (?)is if there was a way to upload hidden to your [own] imgur account(if even possible ofc), and maybe size options lol.. Tongue (Now I'm def asking too much sorry)! Tongue Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
Do you mean the extension button would upload the image to a 3rd party site and then auto-insert the embed code from it?
Yep, that's what I mean Smiley
Here is my prototype, uploaded to gist because Cloudflare was blocking me: https://gist.github.com/ninjastic/377880cea83c6fed96b94e5dbe258dd5

(image uploaded and inserted through the script itself)

edit: Instructions are here if you want to upload the images to your imgur account.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I take it you're volunteering to create an image hosting site? Smiley
I've thought about it, I tried, then realized my PHP copy/pasting skills are not enough. Ideally the image server should allow to easily download/backup all uploaded images, so that if it ever disappears, someone else can create a replacement (assuming Admin is willing to change domain X to Y in the server's database).
legendary
Do you mean the extension button would upload the image to a 3rd party site and then auto-insert the embed code from it?

I take it you're volunteering to create an image hosting site? Smiley
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
This got me thinking:
I don't think you'll see a quick upload bottom at the moment
Would an extension be able to create an upload button for embedded images (apart from the issue who's going to store it)?

If so, imgur has an API which this could probably work with.. assuming I'm understanding what you're asking?
legendary
This got me thinking:
I don't think you'll see a quick upload bottom at the moment
Would an extension be able to create an upload button for embedded images (apart from the issue who's going to store it)?
legendary
Cashback 15%
No immediate plans right now. There aren't any significant bugs as far as I know, at least not specific to the extension. There is some stuff that is a bit bugged on the server side, like the inactive users not activating immediately once they start posting again.
Maybe this is the explanation for what happened with BPIP SSL website and extension error that we all experienced few days ago.
Apparently Let's Encrypt revoked a lot of SSL certificates in two days because of some bug they had, so it was not your fault after all Smiley
You can read more about that and technical details on bleepingcomputer website:
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/lets-encrypt-is-revoking-lots-of-ssl-certificates-in-two-days/
legendary
Are there any plans that I don't know for updating the extension with new features or bug fixes?

No immediate plans right now. There aren't any significant bugs as far as I know, at least not specific to the extension. There is some stuff that is a bit bugged on the server side, like the inactive users not activating immediately once they start posting again.
legendary
Cashback 15%
Sorry about that, some bizarre failure with certificate renewal. Should be ok now - let me know if you're still seeing any issues.
No problem, nobody is perfect Wink
Everything is working fine on my side now, both extension and bpip website are back to normal operation.
Are there any plans that I don't know for updating the extension with new features or bug fixes?
legendary
@suchmoon I guess you already know that BPIP website has expired certificate, and that affects BPIP extension that is currently also not working and not showing any information.
I hope this gets resolved soon.

Sorry about that, some bizarre failure with certificate renewal. Should be ok now - let me know if you're still seeing any issues.
legendary
Cashback 15%
@suchmoon I guess you already know that BPIP website has expired certificate, and that affects BPIP extension that is currently also not working and not showing any information.
I hope this gets resolved soon.
legendary
Ok, chalk this up to an "I'm fucked in the head" kinda day sorry - I was trying to see someone who was saying they got banned, but I neglected to think about the fact that when I was testing it, it would NOT say "ACTIVE".... Sorry, I need sleep and having some personal challenges lately. Thanks for the help all, and for everyone who worked together to bring all these awesome tools together into this awesome extension. Smiley

Cheers,
owlcatz 🦉
Pages:
Jump to: