Pages:
Author

Topic: [Beta] @mention notification bot open for testing - now with Telegram - page 4. (Read 37655 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<…> I now receive the PMs as desired, just wondering how to get those notifications into the thread created for that specific use.
I’ve seen you created the thread on Archival yesterday, but it is no longer a feature (it was disabled some months ago). You can receive the notifications either through PMs or Telegram. 
Activity: 1022
Merit: 683
Love is the answer
I'd like to ask you something. Could you make that the bot does not send messages from users that I ignore.

I also thought about something like that. However I think implementing it won't be that easy if it has to be automatic, since your ignore list is private afaik.
The only way would be to tell the bot who you want to ignore.

Thanks a lot to Piggy for this lovely tool and Asche for pushing it accross my path (and translating it into a German thread where I finally understood it, well more or less).

I now receive the PMs as desired, just wondering how to get those notifications into the thread created for that specific use.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622
I think that interesting and not that hard to implement (while having this bot already working) feature would be to enable users to add list of hot worlds that will trigger notification. For example altcoin investor could add his hodl token name f.e. "VITE" and every times someone will post anything about his token he will always knew about that. No matter if its new scam accusation tread or new partnership.

This could be used also for "scam/abuse" for scam hunters and DT members.

I was thinking about doing it by myself but its far beyond my skills so I decided to drop it here. Maybe Piggy will use this idea Smiley
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
I get a lot of mentions about some hockey player that people are talking about, so I would prefer a way to ignore certain threads.
Have you tried enabling the "@"-only feature of the bot?
I want the plain username feature to be enabled though, since most people just use `Mitchell` and not `@Mitchell`. Being able to ignore a thread/section would fully resolve my issues.

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
I get a lot of mentions about some hockey player that people are talking about, so I would prefer a way to ignore certain threads.
Have you tried enabling the "@"-only feature of the bot?
Plainusername,  activates/deactivates notification while your username is being mentioned (without using the @)
Activity: 1430
Merit: 513
A keyword map is still highly desired, Like pm the bot our keyword settings. A IFTTT check?.
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
An ignore list for the bot could be as simple as one thread in which each user can create and update one post with an ignore list (with userIDs). Maggiordome can check that thread every couple of hours for updates.
legendary
Occasionally, Maggiordome still shows the same post twice:
Hello LoyceV, I don't know - I can't access it.....lol  I have added about 50 at a rough guess, but
  • Other - Meta - Re: Ignore user option not loading.
    Hello LoyceV, I don't know - I can't access it.....lol  I have added about 50 at a rough guess, but
  • copper member
    Activity: 2744
    Merit: 1250
    Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
    I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but on the same thread, I was mentioned almost at the same time (~3 minutes interval), and this happened.

As you could see, there is one message for the two mentions on the same thread and another message from the same message on that same thread just the second one. I don't know how it happened, but it did. Maybe this could be a useful thing to you @Piggy
    legendary
    Activity: 1876
    Merit: 3131
    Could you make that the bot does not send messages from users that I ignore.

It would be great if we were also able to block receiving notifications from specific threads or sections. Being constantly mentioned in merit related threads disturbs me. Blacklisting them manually just like LoyceV described would be convenient. Thanks for your work!
    Activity: 1218
    Merit: 858

The perfect solution offered LoyceV:

An ignore list for the bot could be as simple as one thread in which each user can create and update one post with an ignore list (with userIDs). Maggiordome can check that thread every couple of hours for updates.

I hope the respected Piggy ever find the time to implement it.
    legendary
    legendary
    Activity: 1484
    Merit: 1489
    I forgot more than you will ever know.
    I'd like to ask you something. Could you make that the bot does not send messages from users that I ignore.

I also thought about something like that. However I think implementing it won't be that easy if it has to be automatic, since your ignore list is private afaik.
    Activity: 1218
    Merit: 858
    Thank you for the great work. Your bot is a great idea that makes life easier on the forum.

legendary
    Activity: 2282
    Merit: 1344
    Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
    Hi @Piggy, I really appreciated your notification bot, thank you so much.

I have something noticed about your bot (Maggiordomo) account, if you look at the signature of the bot account, I think the word "Managed" misspelt to "Manged".
    Thanks.
    Bot for forum services - Manged by Piggy
    @mention notification instructions here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5023605
    legendary
    i see, just to clarify, the problem is with the formatting of the message, all the link in those quote will bring you to the right post where you have been mentioned, right?

All links works great. Its just formatting.
    Activity: 784
    Merit: 1416
    First of all i need to thank you for this bot. It helps me a lot. You did a great job with inventing and implementing it.

Today i get this bugged massage that i would like to report to You.

[img*]https://i.imgur.com/Snxf12l.png[/img]

i see, just to clarify, the problem is with the formatting of the message, all the link in those quote will bring you to the right post where you have been mentioned, right?
    legendary
    First of all i need to thank you for this bot. It helps me a lot. You did a great job with inventing and implementing it.

Today i get this bugged massage that i would like to report to You.

I edited the first post to reflect the recent changes and wrote a better (hopefully) short version which should guide new users with the essentials information on how to get started.
    I wanted to ask you something. Would it be possible to add a feature to your bot so that it sends a notification every time a user I choose created a new thread?
    I want to follow a few users from this forum and be informed every time they create new threads. Just new threads, not every post they make. Do you think that is possible to do?

I just don't have time to implement something like that, i can barely keep up with what there is now between work and everything else.  Smiley
    And as you pointed out above, you know exactly where to look to find which threads were started from some user unlike in the case of a mention.
    Pages:
    Jump to: