Pages:
Author

Topic: Beta of new forum software now officially open - page 3. (Read 10072 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Don't like the layout or the style. Too bright white everywhere! Smiley
I've already stated that there are going to be multiple themes, and hopefully this one won't be default.

Worst 1 million dollars ever spent
It is more than a million dollars.

I'm glad this one works as one should.
It has a long way to go before it is 'working as it should' be.

It is a 1 million dollar project that can be used by others for FREE  as it is open sourced and hosted on GitHub !  Grin
 https://github.com/epochtalk/beta.bitcointalk.org
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
It works well, but I sure hope the new forum will have some background colour like we have here in bitcointalk.

The beta forum functions all right but it looks bland. It needs a little bit of colour to liven it up Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
There's a LOT of work that still need to be done. The new forum looks terrible.. I know it's beta, but still ..
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005
New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit
Though I don't prefer the theme over this one, imo the new features are really worth moving to the new forum. Admin, mods and we can do more Cheesy

opinion may be biased, considering I got a better resolution avatar on the Beta.
Activity: 202
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
The old forum style is much better than the new one.
Once the new forum is launched will the old one stay online or everyone will be forced to use the new forum software?
I know it have more features and security is better but the theme is ugly as hell  Grin
Activity: 80
Merit: 27
A dream that you had, about being a person.
You spent more than $1M USD on that ?

You got ripped off.

Yea it..just doesn't please the eye ;/  Sorry Theymos. Prefer the classic forum theme by far. It's got such rustic charm to it.

And I'm typically an avid adopter of #new sh*t - particularly clean / 'polished chrome white'-looking interfaces..
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
I didn't knew about that , honestly I don't like the design at all so could you please link me where I should post on Github instead ?
Visuals are kind of subjective ATM. Some people will like it and others won't. You can file an issue here if you notice any bugs. Just keep in mind that you should read the list of already reported bugs, so that you don't end up creating duplicates.
If you spend a few hundred bucks out of a million on design then everything would look better. It's  subjective to some extent but still there are some aesthetic standards. It should be at least presentable. Why no one complains about Xenforo or Vbulletin or even SMF design.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Is the hiding of email still not available?   Also, my email on BTCtalk isn't exactly real... so is it still the same process of changing the email here, waiting 2 days, then trying to setup the account on beta*?
No, that is still not available. You will have to wait a while longer.
legendary
Activity: 1789
Merit: 2535
Goonies never say die.
How do I remove my email from being visible? I can't seem to find the option...
This option is not available at the time. It will be added later.

@ lauda can you please help me i can not reset the password.
What exactly is the problem? I'll notify a developer.

Is the hiding of email still not available?   Also, my email on BTCtalk isn't exactly real... so is it still the same process of changing the email here, waiting 2 days, then trying to setup the account on beta*?

First thought... I'm hoping there will be more themes or different visual ways to display these threads.  Smiley   
I can't comment further without getting my account setup  Grin
legendary
Terminated.
Ever typed something out then the site fail to load then click back to see your comment gone ?
Yes. This can be very painful if the post is longer and well written.

Well if you had the Drafts page her already bookmarked then click it.. problem solved Wink
How many guys here know that ?
I'm certain that the number of users that are aware of it is not that high. They could just re-position the drafts on the new forum to make it much more visible.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
What i want is a link to view my own topics i created.
I think that was suggested already (or something similar). The forum, in the current state, does not have such a feature.

Also want to point out how i had the Drafts page bookmarked manually.
(there is no link to it on your profile page)
There is a link under "Post" and "Preview" when one is writing a post (albeit it is small).

Ya i know that but the drafts can save your bacon if you shut the tab / window down.
I had made a tough to type out past last year then closed the window and was almost going to cry.
I ended up searching for the Drafts page and i found and bookmarked the link.
Most web sites would simply have a link to drafts somewhere like on the profile page etc.

Ever typed something out then the site fail to load then click back to see your comment gone ?
Well if you had the Drafts page her already bookmarked then click it.. problem solved Wink
How many guys here know that ?
legendary
Terminated.
I didn't knew about that , honestly I don't like the design at all so could you please link me where I should post on Github instead ?
Visuals are kind of subjective ATM. Some people will like it and others won't. You can file an issue here if you notice any bugs. Just keep in mind that you should read the list of already reported bugs, so that you don't end up creating duplicates.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
I just made a new topic on the New Forum software section , Hopefully people will use it . that way developers will have to visit one place in order to check for bugs , suggestions etc ... : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1456167.new#new
I disagree with this one even though I appreciate the effort. If anything, you should do this on the new forum and not here. There was already a 'Master Bug' thread, but the bug list got moved to Github. This way the developers would have to check both forums in addition to Github (which is more than redundant).

I didn't knew about that , honestly I don't like the design at all so could you please link me where I should post on Github instead ?
legendary
Terminated.
I just made a new topic on the New Forum software section , Hopefully people will use it . that way developers will have to visit one place in order to check for bugs , suggestions etc ... : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1456167.new#new
I disagree with this one even though I appreciate the effort. If anything, you should do this on the new forum and not here. There was already a 'Master Bug' thread, but the bug list got moved to Github. This way the developers would have to check both forums in addition to Github (which is more than redundant).
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
legendary
Terminated.
I think that was suggested already (or something similar). The forum, in the current state, does not have such a feature.

There is a link under "Post" and "Preview" when one is writing a post (albeit it is small).
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Suggestions:

I would love to see a feature other forums have..
Unless we already have it and i missed it somehow.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=drafts
legendary
Terminated.
Sir, I know about this thing. I want to know why theymos aka admin thought to change forum software.
Was there any problem with SMF or there's something new in Epochtalk that SMF doesn't.
Well, it should be obvious. SMF, even though it is doing a decent job for outdated software, is quite bad. There are a lot of different limitations, especially for the staff, that I'm not going to mention in detail at this moment. If you had kept an closer look at the project, you would have read the 'to-do' list sometimes in the past. The new forum software can have almost anything that we desire; it has been built from scratch.
Activity: 654
Merit: 500
Are there any additional features in epochtalk and what made admin to change forum software  Huh
That forum is completely different as it was build from scratch and the content is trying to be ported from this old SMF to it.

Sir, I know about this thing. I want to know why theymos aka admin thought to change forum software.
Was there any problem with SMF or there's something new in Epochtalk that SMF doesn't.
legendary
Terminated.
Are there any additional features in epochtalk and what made admin to change forum software  Huh
That forum is completely different as it was build from scratch and the content is trying to be ported from this old SMF to it.
Pages:
Jump to: