Pages:
Author

Topic: Beta of new forum software now officially open - page 8. (Read 10097 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1295
DiceSites.com owner
Yeh it's that plus sign on the right bottom. That definitely needs to change IMO. Too many people confused by it (including me in beginning.) Just "traditional" reply button location seems much better.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1006
Maybe i'm to stupid to notice this, but with my browser, on my OS, i cannot seem to find the reply-link, nor see a reply-form anywhere on any of the topics (including the one i opened myself)

https://beta.bitcointalk.org/threads/QDR0jUeERXK_FeEKT_un1Q/posts
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
Thanks for the clerification on this point, i will just wait for a few days.
Activity: 110
Merit: 11
Principal Software Engineer
How do I remove my email from being visible? I can't seem to find the option...
This option is not available at the time. It will be added later.

@ lauda can you please help me i can not reset the password.
What exactly is the problem? I'll notify a developer.

This is the unofficial process at the moment... we'll make it clearer as time comes

1. update your email on bitcointalk.org (this forum)
2. data will get synchronized in a day or 2 to the new site
3. try the reset password link again from the new site

For the email, we don't want to be manually updating accounts because it is prone to error and can be subjected to social engineering hacks. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
This option is not available at the time. It will be added later.

What exactly is the problem? I'll notify a developer.
Activity: 908
Merit: 657
legendary
Terminated.
The lower part of the page (or what do you called that section of a web) seems not loading. Im using the latest version of Firefox. Also can't load it using my native stock browser for Android. Or maybe that part isn't available at the moment?
-snip-
Those links haven't been added/relevant features haven't been implemented yet.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
The lower part of the page (or what do you called that section of a web) seems not loading. Im using the latest version of Firefox. Also can't load it using my native stock browser for Android. Or maybe that part isn't available at the moment?

Activity: 458
From nothing to nothing
Qeustion: will bitcointalk.org be close after the new forum is released?
There will be a period for the forum software migration, if you're asking that if the domain will still be bitcointalk.org . The answer is yes
and do we still need to reset our password after the new forum is launched or is it just for the beta testing?
I think thats mandatory when the new forum software replaces this one
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1087
Qeustion: will bitcointalk.org be close after the new forum is released? and do we still need to reset our password after the new forum is launched or is it just for the beta testing?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
Feels like a million dollars.

Use BOTH hands, and one of your feet.   Tongue   Wink
I can not reset the password error is -> account or email not found is hiden by the popoup but something like this message.
Finally very good work i am so happy to try it out right now Smiley
copper member
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520
No I dont escrow anymore.
The moment we all have been waiting for! If I post something ,will it be reflected on this forum too ?

Nope.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
「きみはこれ&#
The moment we all have been waiting for! If I post something ,will it be reflected on this forum too ?
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Feels like a million dollars.
legendary
Terminated.
Ah, this was unexpectedly great to hear. So exactly what is the plan once the beta finishes, a merge of everything (i.e. threads and posts made on both 'forums')?
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
PMs?

I'm currently thinking that for security, PMs will not be automatically transferred over. Certainly, there will be a way to download your old PMs for at least a year after the transition, and maybe there will be a way to import these PMs into the new forum if you want. (I already have code written for exporting your PMs as an mbox file which you can import into eg. Thunderbird, though I haven't gotten around to creating all of the interface stuff for it yet.)
What is the security risk of transferring PMs over? I would think allowing people to import the PMs into the new forum would cause additional risks as PMs might be able to be faked, ect

My thoughts exactly. Would validating of PMs (by reporting it to a moderator) be possible after this?
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
PMs?

I'm currently thinking that for security, PMs will not be automatically transferred over. Certainly, there will be a way to download your old PMs for at least a year after the transition, and maybe there will be a way to import these PMs into the new forum if you want. (I already have code written for exporting your PMs as an mbox file which you can import into eg. Thunderbird, though I haven't gotten around to creating all of the interface stuff for it yet.)
What is the security risk of transferring PMs over? I would think allowing people to import the PMs into the new forum would cause additional risks as PMs might be able to be faked, ect
Pages:
Jump to: