Pages:
Author

Topic: Betting on sport = gambling? - page 30. (Read 13356 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 501
December 15, 2015, 09:27:33 AM
I think yes. Because the sports betting places have profit, so it means you cant earn. You know, even a what you think is 100% game, could go wrong and you lose money Cheesy

So yes, i think it is simillar to gambling, only you have the feeling of being in control.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 15, 2015, 09:26:57 AM
Betting on sport = gambling?
Please write your mind.

Yes, if sport betting is not gambling then the websites that offer sport betting service wouldn't be in the gambling section they would have their own sub-forum.

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
December 15, 2015, 09:18:34 AM
in my opinion i think betting on sport equal with gambling,

the reward of the winning both of them are money and if you are losing you are losing money

the difference is in sport betting you can do analysis and in gambling just pure luck
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
December 15, 2015, 08:48:07 AM
IMO betting = gambling. Why? Because you offer something small to get something big so yeah both of them are prety much alike. May be there is a difference, gambling you need a balance something about money to play it but betting may be you offer things to get things or money. The rest I think it is much a like so betting will be categorized gambling too
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804
guess who's back
December 15, 2015, 08:24:29 AM
it is gambling when someone is betting without doing researches or tracking the results for teams
in general everything is considering gambling when you pay money in order to win more with the possibility that you can lose what you paid
but there is +EV and -EV , and that's what makes the difference
in sportsbetting there are some people who are able to make steady income , but most of people will end up losing cause they don't know what they are doing 
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
F*CK WHALES!
December 15, 2015, 08:16:35 AM
Yes sure because it's gambling you can win or lose with your money.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
December 15, 2015, 07:59:51 AM
For me yes coz both are having a chance to gain and lose money, its just like another way of gambling
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
December 15, 2015, 07:51:56 AM
Please write your mind.

By definition on dictionary, the word "gamble" means "to play a game in which you can win or lose money or possessions". http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gamble So of course, sports betting is a form of gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1317
Get your game girl
December 15, 2015, 07:50:56 AM
I think betting and gambling are two different things .Completely.Here's why.

Betting : Is completely based on some logical aspects .Always ! For example consider two friends betting weather it will rain today.Now if one friend is thoroughly watching news,weather man's report,NASA's climate analysis and analyzing all other relevant data regrading to today's weather, he is more likely to win the bet as he has some kind of background study  or patterns .Same goes for sports and other stuff.If someone has great knowledge in football,they are most likely to guess if tonight's match between Manu vs Everton will be won by whom.

Gambling:Based on random events.Completely random.If you have 50 years of expertise playing poker but you still get some shitty cards you are likely to lose. Ofcourse they're always some shady strategies like understand the opponents reactions and stuff but still luck is all you need.Gambling works because people want it to be random,had it never been random we would never call it gambling.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1002
December 15, 2015, 07:39:48 AM
Please write your mind.
Pages:
Jump to: