Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware of Increasingly Sophisticated Malware Infection Attempts - page 31. (Read 703800 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
WILL SKYPE CHAT FOR 3 MILLION COMPOUND COIN
I just ran Malwarebytes and I found 11-12 different items that needed to be quarantined. I realized this was from several faucets that have pops ups that I have never seen before.

One was SatoshiBakery which was odd because it was a ripple faucet. I thought ooh cool but it said it only gives every 15 mins but it was giving at 5 mins just random. Next thing I know my entire computer's power stating something like 2,8650MB for memory. I have never freaking seen that on my computer like it's working in overdrive or something. So it appears they're hijacking people's computer's and using it to mine.

The other faucet was faucethub. For every claim I made  it was as if they had 5 captchas and then all of these pops ups some of which were 4 on one page, 2 on another page. I realized that many of these places are receiving high revenue dollars for pretty much spamming the hell out of the people showing up to faucet collect. I just don't recall it ever being this bad before where I'm clicking left and right. It's insane. I abandoned ship when I realized their "up to starting point" was actually their minimum. There's no way I was going through all of that and decided eh keep the coins it's not worth the drama.

The other site was coinfaucet.io first off it had me create an account but wouldn't let me in and kept popping up all of these ads yet the button to "log in" was frozen. I tried the guy on twitter but he gavee me the "try it again". Nah I get it I'm in the U.S. so you'll get tier $$$ profits from my IP clicking that crap. No thanks. Seems like it's the same guy from Satoshi Bakery.

Best to just go to the ones you know and trust because since btc's rise there have been shady activities left and right.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Recently, in my private messages on the forum, there are a lot of messages from beginners with all sorts of links, I already do not know what to think, blocking all at once does not always work. I need to somehow secure my account

Do you mean your bitcointalk account? how can you secure that?
Yes, I meant it. There are ways of different associated with the purse bitcoin, you can bind your forum account to a purse of a bitcoin or account. I know how to do it right now.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
How can we identify the malware infection?
 Is there any direction of attack?
can we identify them by the virus guard?
that's bad!!. Anyone recently went through such bad experience?
Activity: 14
How can we identify the malware infection?
 Is there any direction of attack?
can we identify them by the virus guard?
Activity: 686
Merit: 359
This is one of the most terrifying thing. I am super careful but they are getting stronger each day. 
Recently, in my private messages on the forum, there are a lot of messages from beginners with all sorts of links, I already do not know what to think, blocking all at once does not always work. I need to somehow secure my account
Activity: 320
FIRST SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO INFRASTRUCTURE
   This MALWARE issue has always been a menace and a major threat to online usage. Its weird to think that some people work this hard to be a nuisance to others. My recommendations are to a good antivirus with internet securities and follow some useful principles when surfing the net.
Activity: 1176
Vave.com
trader or investors might wants to run of the maximum security exposures with the adminitratives of network computer as securing connection and the details of function on new downloaded software as might to gives with reference to recalls of extension to prepare as attaining field of works with the schemes of casuals with the entry to internet.

The forum is increasingly writing that private messages come from new registered accounts with some kind of link, and if you click on the link, they can steal your account. So be careful guys, do not go to unknown links
Activity: 111
блaгoдapю зa пoлeзнyю инфopмaцию, пapни
Activity: 640
Merit: 104
These hackers are getting incredibly smart
install a good antivirus so that your work is not disturbed by it. I also recommend you to keep your wallet offline and store your wallet in liquidity.
Activity: 135
lets suppose that I click on one of the malware link, How this malware if going to still my cryptos ?
Activity: 58
вceм дoбpoй нoчи, a вoзмoжнo зapaжeниe aппapaтнoгo кoшeлькa Ledger или ecли oн выйдeт из cтpoя кaк oбычнaя флэшкa чтo дeлaть?
Guys I've heard that it's better to use an apple computer than other computers such as laptops and the operating system Windows XP, I've heard that an apple is a more secure system for using. It's true?

yeah winXP is so old you can't even GPU mine from it. win7 or 8.1 still work good, but effort is needed in those systems to remove M$ spyware recently introduced as updates, Win10 so useless... so yep Mac or Linux is the best choice, i'd highly reccomend Linuxmint for a beginner  Smiley  (you can install it to dual-boot on your windows machine, just be careful not to erase windows...)
                                                                                                                      https://linuxmint.com
I thought so, thanks for writing your opinion on this issue. I'm thinking of buying an apple to store all the crypto currency, and I'll use other computers to install wallets from other small projects, since this is less risky.

Cybercriminals are now targetting Macs too. I would store mine on an iPhone but if you lose your phone you are screwed. Best storage option is still hardware wallets.
For me, unfortunately, storing my tokens on the phone is not an option, I very often break it and lose it, it's dangerous for me. I was thinking of buying a removable purse for crypto currency, but it's insanely inconvenient for me personally.
Activity: 42
Thanks for the tips. Security is a big issue here since lots of us are using hot wallet to trade on sometimes exotic platforms...
Activity: 8
Yes, you have to be very careful.
Activity: 126
Thanks this was very informative.
Activity: 336
Thanks to this forum and now i need to be vigilant to those people who wants to get or steal my crypto money.
Again kudos to the owner of this thread. Very informative. Great job
Activity: 462
Good Morning
This sounds really scary, but I guess that where is the money, there are also malversations 

Anyhow, you always need to be careful...
With this you are right, where a lot of money is tied, there will always be people who will want to eat this pie))
Pages:
Jump to: