Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware of Increasingly Sophisticated Malware Infection Attempts - page 35. (Read 701343 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
It's very terrible incident for us.Malware is one of the most useless virus.It generally killed our phone and hacked our all privacy by a group. Actually,we work hard for our own development but this group haked this within a minutes like a vampire's eating.This work done by some indolence people who are interests to earn money dishonestly. For these all things,everyone should be aware of sophisticated Malware infection attempts
Activity: 85
Merit: 12
WARNING FOR SCAM! KITE changed their google form to ask for ETH private key after we listed KITE on our site. DONT GIVE YOUR ETH PRIVATE KEY

https://twitter.com/Airdropalertcom/status/922826969107939328
Activity: 29
This is so sad.
I do not know how they come with all that...
It is impossible to stay safe now a days...
I hear there are sites, that fool you to answer a small quiz and at the end you discover you are subscribed for a service that is 3 euro per week (not month but week...). How is that possible. The fun part is that you do not have to provide them with any personal information... they get it somehow from your provider and you get subscribed...

And now this as well....
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
It's terrible! Many people do not want to earn honestly, but want to cash in at someone else's expense. It's just insulting when you work hard, and someone like a vampire drinks your money.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
I'm new to forum and I'm still reading topics for beginners. By reading this thread I could not even imagine how careful you must be. What I noticed is that many users have signatures and advertisements within their posts. Is it possible that some of these advertisements might have a hidden Malvare link?

That's a good point.  I've become super paranoid myself.  Install antivirus that scans your browser in real time. 
Check for any toolbars you may have installed that record keystrokes.
If in doubt, go dark and remove everything.

i'm still terrified :-)
Activity: 28
I am afraid of the virus and only participate in air drop which myether wallet is used

Even mew make me feel unconfident, so I bought ledger nano s! 
Activity: 26
I am afraid of the virus and only participate in air drop which myether wallet is used
Activity: 134
Merit: 147
Good information. Thank you.

The really places more weight on the idea of not using your primary everyday-use PC for these vital activities. It almost makes you want to run Qubes. The VM environment should be setup to auto snapshot shoe you can roll back your environment if you become (or suspect you've) become comprised. You're wallet/transaction/balance will update as the blockchain is re-synced, and you won't click on strange links again (in that dedicated Cryptocurrency VM - you do risky software behavior in VMs designated for that too.)

If investing in a lot of alt coins then it's very difficult to setup a virtual box every time. I would suggest just reading their discussion and see if anyone has had problems.
Activity: 106
Good information. Thank you.

The really places more weight on the idea of not using your primary everyday-use PC for these vital activities. It almost makes you want to run Qubes. The VM environment should be setup to auto snapshot shoe you can roll back your environment if you become (or suspect you've) become comprised. You're wallet/transaction/balance will update as the blockchain is re-synced, and you won't click on strange links again (in that dedicated Cryptocurrency VM - you do risky software behavior in VMs designated for that too.)
Activity: 8
Thanks for the heads up.
I'm always nervous when downloading wallet updates...
just trying to find the official one myself or type any links i see by hand...
i would also never trust an adfly link postet somewhere in this context because you won't see where it's taking you..
Activity: 123
Merit: 11
i love coins
there are also some phishing mails right now. they say, you have to update your myethereumwallet because of the fork.
well, the link sends you to a phising site.
they say, you have to login with privatekey....
take care of links in emails or your eth is gone!

Right, i also do not fill out any googledocs someone
Is posting here!
Activity: 15
there are also some phishing mails right now. they say, you have to update your myethereumwallet because of the fork.
well, the link sends you to a phising site.
they say, you have to login with privatekey....
take care of links in emails or your eth is gone!
Activity: 93
i just found out my wallet wash compromised today i thought i wasnt receiving any of the ether i bought or the coins i signed up for turns out i had received them all just someone did some bullshit and im a newbie and just stupid im learning but its all going to one address. i got beat out of 5 or 6 of the free airdops i wanted to be a part of and some ether. Angry Angry Sad
Activity: 386
Hello fellow miners
I remember back in 2012 when I first heard about mining BTC, there was a thing with viruses on graphic cards which could not be detected by standard antivirus programs.
So I did not start tan...the biggest mistake of my life so far...
Activity: 14
Merit: 6
People are the ones that are most easiest to hack. With such a huge surge of new crypto participants, phishing attempts are at an all time high.
Activity: 91
Pop up ads in browser, auto downloading thereon is also one of the reason behind it.

Please be careful while downloading anything from the internet and be sure to click on the correct download button rather than advertised download button, which will give you troubles later on.
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
This is almost becoming a daily life matter we have to continue to deal with. We just need be careful of not just installing unnecessary apps (even from app stores) and also plug-ins for browsers.

One can never be to alert. Someone talked about jumping on the bang of Airdrops, and I would add even full fledged ICO these days are not trust worthy.
Activity: 28
It's really frightening how one wrong click can make you a huge problem in life. With one click, you can lose all of your personal information, while financial damage can be immeasurable. Unfortunately, sometimes it's not enough to be just cautious.

Yes, this is quite an issue. But this makes a huge space for security solutions.
Activity: 625
Merit: 500
Hello!as soon altcoins will begin to regain the upper hand?
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
I advise to use uMatrix on Chrme or noScript on firefox. It blocks all scripts of a page you first visit.
Pages:
Jump to: