Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware of Increasingly Sophisticated Malware Infection Attempts - page 34. (Read 701343 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Thanks this was very informative. I guess this forum is a big target for malware developers who want to steal easy crypto money.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
It's true this is a kind of virus that is of course very harmful to all those who have crypto that is stored in a wallet they have and this is very good information that you mention as this will make me more careful of malware infection very dangerous for us all especially the crypto holders who have a lot of crypto that is stored in the wallet site they have. because I think the impact of a malware infection that can steal data we have. and I will continue to look for an accurate in-depth avoiding the negative impact of this malware virus infection possibly from a trusted browser or site that contains the article.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
There is new Trojan Malware that has been recently discovered that steals crypto from your wallet replacing destination address from clipboard memory. Targeted currencies: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Monreo and Dash. So far 140.000$ was stolen from users wallets.
Always double check your destination address comparing before sending.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
Early Bitcoin investor.
I want to share some information about this topic

You should check always your task manager in your computer if there is any running application which you found ambiguous and end the process.

Next is check your startup folder if there is  any application hidden. Because some of application or any virus cannot be detected by anti virus.

thanks for the advice. tried it, it worked out
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
If I was to click on the malicious copy cat site of bittrex for example, could they get my PC infected if I had premium Malwarebytes on? Without me giving them my password and 2fa, of course.

yes. no antivirus is perfect and just visiting a malicious site can get a computer infected without doing a thing (mainly windows computers but mac/*nix are not immune). copycat sites are usually after login/password/2fa but can also leave a nasty surprise behind on your computer.

bookmark the real bittrex (or whatever) and only use the bookmarked site.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
I'm new to forum and I'm still reading topics for beginners. By reading this thread I could not even imagine how careful you must be. What I noticed is that many users have signatures and advertisements within their posts. Is it possible that some of these advertisements might have a hidden Malvare link?

That's a good point.  I've become super paranoid myself.  Install antivirus that scans your browser in real time. 
Check for any toolbars you may have installed that record keystrokes.
If in doubt, go dark and remove everything.

i'm still terrified :-)

Nobody can be trusted today.
I can see here only some nice fellows with whom it is really to discuss the question of cryptocurrencies. Few people only!
And of course it should be necessary rule for all users to be beware about any kind of strange links.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Hello everyone, I'm very thankful this thread exist. It has provided me a lot of information about security. I guess keeping an eye your software updated is very important. I hope software companies are quick to fix security loopholes as soon as they are discovered. I wish everyone safe browsing on the Internet. Good luck.
Activity: 8
If I was to click on the malicious copy cat site of bittrex for example, could they get my PC infected if I had premium Malwarebytes on? Without me giving them my password and 2fa, of course.
Activity: 93
can we have any site where we can set our MEW with google authenticator or something like that which uses two step verification . i am too much worried about this problem . i mean how a person can just keep all his money only on stand of just simple passwords. there should be at least two step verification to login or to send money to all MEW . can you or any friend recommend me any site that holds MEW ac and there should be 2 step verification type setting for lock ?
Activity: 238
The whole Cybersecurity topic should be addressed more imho!

Good that I read this thread, I wasnt aware that there are so many risks on this forum, I will be more careful from now on.

Can a expert of you guys suggest:

what antivirus software to use?

what browser plugins to use for security?

would be good to hear some suggestions!

Activity: 364
May be one of the reason stated by OP got infected my pc with copy paste virus in which my active AV cannot detect!
Thankfully i fixed it after a couple of weeks without system restoring!
Smiley
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
The worst thing in all that is that even fresh antivirus system does not provides you 100% safety.
I have an antivirus, but about 3 weeks ago my Google chrome was corrupted so much that i spend about 10 hours to restore it's normal work
Activity: 30
Very instructionnal. Thank you.
Activity: 210

I am in the process of studying the information outlined above
it is not clear how serous it is
Activity: 38
To those who newly joined us

Our team have developed a very powerful tool with two unbelievable features

1) Pump and dump detector : This feature gives you powerful signals when a PROGRESSIVE PUMP is detected. You can search on the web and see no robot has any trial version. Even for a single day of using they will charge you. However, we still want to continue our free trial service of this feature.
2) Price predictor : this feature is very expensive and for now our team have not decided whether this feature would be for sale or not, BTW we have shared #XVG as a demo which went sky high to 280%.
When we reach to 500 another demo of our predictor will be unveiled.

Please let your friends know about us and our free trial version of our bot
https://t.me/BitWatcherTrial
Activity: 67
People First Profit will Follow.
Thanks for making this thread... additional knowlegde again for this day thanks a lot
Activity: 3
Hi all Smiley  I'm completely new to this forum as well (I've lurked around various reddit-crypto-subreddits before) and this is a really helpful thread to my mind. Quick question for those who are more experienced: As long as you NEVER give out any private keys, use a "throw-away-mail-adress" for fishy airdrops and use a hardware wallet, you should be quite safe, correct?

Thanks in advance^^

(PS: I was not able to post this due to "last post having happened within the last 360 seconds".... which is odd since this here is my very first post... becoming paranoid here Cheesy)
Activity: 336
I want to share some information about this topic

You should check always your task manager in your computer if there is any running application which you found ambiguous and end the process.

Next is check your startup folder if there is  any application hidden. Because some of application or any virus cannot be detected by anti virus.
Activity: 420
Merit: 15
I am currently avoiding coin coins that have not been clear of the reputation that asks me to download their wallets. I ignore it.
Pages:
Jump to: