Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware of Increasingly Sophisticated Malware Infection Attempts - page 37. (Read 689529 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
thanks for this list.
I've installed Malware checking program and it helps my antivirus to keep an eye on such cases and prevent them. Smiley
Activity: 1
Must be careful with that these days. Install tails and use a separate computer for everything with crypto encrypted on a secure network and practice safe browsing guys!
 Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Chainjoes.com
This is scary.. . People who have the talent and skills uses it in most unacceptable way.  If only they use it to make things better or help other people, the world would be beautiful.  I guess that is what really life is.  Thanks for this information.  Hope everyone will be aware of this
Activity: 1
Am having Tbc coin to trade for btc coin
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
I would also beware of small spammy scammy AirDrop ICOs.  All they have to do is offer you free coins and you need to create an address.  In order to do that you need to download their wallet software... be careful out there.
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
Does this cytocurrency not have a name??

This thread is not about a cryptocurrency. It's about alerting people of Increasingly Sophisticated Malware Infection Attempts.
Activity: 32
Does anyone know how effective onlykey is for protecting against key loggers? Or is there any similar hardware solution?
Activity: 9
Malware, short for malicious software, is an umbrella term used to refer to a variety of forms of hostile or intrusive software,[1] including computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, spyware, adware, scareware, and other malicious programs. It can take the form of executable code, scripts, active content, and other software.[2] Malware is defined by its malicious intent, acting against the requirements of the computer user - and so does not include software that causes unintentional harm due to some deficiency.Malware is sometimes used broadly against government or corporate websites to gather guarded information,[7] or to disrupt their operation in general. However, malware is often used against individuals to gain information such as personal identification numbers or details, bank or credit card numbers, and passwords. Malware infection may become a reality for bit coin users also. Users have transfer funds or convert currency electronically. Without protecting system by sophisticated anti virus,users should not apply the system.
Activity: 34
Is there a way to know if this malware can be detected by software like norton, etc.?   Goodness i worry about all of the wallets I have downloaded.
Activity: 17
Thanks for sharing this information, you can never be too careful when it comes to these kind of things Tongue
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
Everyone should be very careful about clicking links, downloading or installing programs etc etc related to cryptocurrencies. It's better to ask from someone who is expert in such issues rather than try to make any blunder. Here is the link to the list of possible scams: Newcomers must read this...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/blockchain-different-from-source-code-951827
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS
I think the best response to such hacking attempts near me is always try to avoid links from any person who has Very low or no "TRUST" rank on his profile and try to open links of those person who you know or who has a High level of rank Like Legendary or more.
Activity: 11
Should've came and read this earlier.... XD
oh man, the internet sure is scary when you think about this kind of thing, well just make sure you guys keep your coins safe somewhere like hardware wallet or something  Wink
Activity: 33
Thank you guys! Very good discussion topic! As a newbie I learned a lot reading this all. Cheesy
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
How do you determine a copied ANN topic? Any criteria? Also for the wallet, is there a URL format we should look for to know if it's just a malware?
Hi there !

What do you think about this :

07/09/2017 20:00:04   Supprimé   cheval de Troie Trojan.Win32.IRCbot.avqu   L:\linda\Linda-qt.exe   Elevée   

Sorry the message is in french,  It's the official wallet of linda coin  kaspersky and other detected a troyan.

Scan from virus total :

https://virustotal.com/en/file/2473b8a6883bd41dca7967bd40546ad9ac70a3f7ac75d87117ab2bf20845d983/analysis/1500267764/

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
There are so many exploits now it can be quite hard to keep up, from the lowest leve BIOS to the all too common webpage malware types of 'apps', the Crypto world and its users are of a prime target as it is after all, money.

If you should have you desktops wallet / private keys and so on, on your mail (internet connected machine) then do make sure to only install software, say mining scripts and so on from the official sources. Of course we, in this very thread, have learnt of exploits even from he get go, dev aware or not.

Then the 'anti-virus' companies heuristics cannot recognise some legitimate software, and mark them as a threat / won't allow to run / quarantine.

Knowledge is power.

Be safe out there.
Activity: 658
Merit: 112
Hello, i have the similar problem. I can not access to my etherium wallet, i have lost my phrases Sad anyone can help me about that? Huh
Activity: 322
Merit: 106
posible scams and may steal your earnings.. way of other hackers to stole cryptos..
malware that is attached for example in mining software ...
be careful and practical scan first before you install any of the applications used to or for mining

thanks to  the owner for the info
Pages:
Jump to: