Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware of Increasingly Sophisticated Malware Infection Attempts - page 39. (Read 689649 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
In addition to WannaCry there is another dangerous and sophisticated virus. One of them is Kelihos.
Kelihos is a botnet and sometimes known as Hlux. The target of this virus is to spam and steal BitCoin. The most dangerous, is the theft of BitCoin. BitCoin price is very expensive and has skyrocketed to Rp 25 million more. Imagine you lost that precious BitCoin.
Oh no , i have been known it only now. So guys please  be aware in everything and let use be wise in all our doings to avoid any malware that we may have been encounter.
yeah, bitcoin is huge right now so therefore people will be greedy and they will make anything for money, they will send scam links in many people with a most pleasing content that users may be believe but it cointains viruses.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
In addition to WannaCry there is another dangerous and sophisticated virus. One of them is Kelihos.
Kelihos is a botnet and sometimes known as Hlux. The target of this virus is to spam and steal BitCoin. The most dangerous, is the theft of BitCoin. BitCoin price is very expensive and has skyrocketed to Rp 25 million more. Imagine you lost that precious BitCoin.
Oh no , i have been known it only now. So guys please  be aware in everything and let use be wise in all our doings to avoid any malware that we may have been encounter.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 262
Activity: 574
Merit: 267
" Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back "
*bitcoinwisdomapp.com
Let it be on the list sir, it will victimize us, it's a keylogger.

To avoid the negative effects that can we get from those malware, it is suggested to run each wallet or miner in a different virtual machine with virtualbox. Its one best solution.

Btw thank you sir in informing us. It was a big help and a warning as well.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
Is there any way to know if i have a keylogger in bios or somewhere else?  thnaks
Hmmm try to full scan your pc i think and if you are too suspicious try to reformat your pc for assurance that nobody has been left that may steal your infos. But think that reformat is the very last idea you may do.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
Is there any way to know if i have a keylogger in bios or somewhere else?  thnaks
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
Unfortunate although this forum is the go to place for all things Bitcoin and Altcoin, it's also a hot bed for thieves and really nasty elements. I have had a small fortune stolen over the years and the latest was over 1 btc from the myetherwallet phishing hack. Now these etherwallet hackers are all over the slack rooms sending pms in every single altcoin eth token room. It's getting to the point where I don't even like to use ETH anymore but I have no choice as most of these new tokens are being issued on the ETH protocol.  Cry Many times I wanted to leave Crypto because of these thieves and hackers but it's all I got. I don't have any other job or source of income.
So using Linux or Ubuntu Helps?
maybe yes, it is not prone to any attacks due to its high security, recently i have been received an email i thought that it was legit i feel so happy that day but then i realized that the site extension is not that one and then i asked my friend about it and then i proove that it is fake so be careful guys.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Could you please post the coin's name and maybe others that you may have found ?

This is found in the "Lucky7coin" source code, as linked above.

This is very helpful information. Thank you !!

Thanks! ... You have to stop being cheap! I'm talking to myself here. I'm going to force myself to buy a 100-200.00 used older HP Elite book off Ebay just to deal with my non hardware wallet coins. It's just not worth the risk of cross contamination. No surfing or emails or apps on it. Just the business side of coins and then off the net.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Could you please post the coin's name and maybe others that you may have found ?

This is found in the "Lucky7coin" source code, as linked above.

This is very helpful information. Thank you !!
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
I am too grateful for all the information which shared on this forums, very informative and details, thank you very much for helping us.

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Thanks this was very informative. I knew that this forum was a potential target for scammers that's why i never clicked on any suspicious link. Better be safe than sorry ! There are also some ICO where you will find a lot of scammers, and one should be careful specially on ethereum crowdsales as some people will just send you their own eth adress saying that it is the ICOs smart contract address. A lot of people have been scammed this way !
Activity: 3
The thing to really worry about right now is all the NSA exploits/malware floating about..
Activity: 38
And PLEASE do not rely on Virustotal for verifying that a file is safe. If VT says it's bad then it's highly likely bad. If VT detects nothing it does not mean the file is clean. It means that none of the antivirus engines on VT detected anything bad. It is not that difficult to fool antivirus software.

I would also upload the file to someplace like https://malwr.com/submission/ or http://www.threatexpert.com/submit.aspx to see if anything malicious is detected.
Activity: 28
thanks op for the info . ill just add these do you know that There are three traditional ways for malware and viruses to generate bitcoins for their creators. Direct theft of private keys from bitcoin wallets, parasitic bots that mine bitcoin with stolen processing power, and Ransomware that encrypts files and demands a bitcoin payment to restore access.
Thanks for the heads up. I'm new to buying altcoins and this has to be one of my biggest concerns. Are there any programs or software that you recommend I download to protect from viruses or malware?

Thanks
For your pc? If youre software is windows, windows defender for me is enough. Just be wise dont click any suspicious links to avoid getting a virus. Always updates you software and anti virus. But if you are using linux. Then i think you are safe because it is not easy for virus to go inside the software.
Activity: 35
Thanks for the heads up. I'm new to buying altcoins and this has to be one of my biggest concerns. Are there any programs or software that you recommend I download to protect from viruses or malware?

Thanks
yes it helps sometimes. linux is a open source software, and as what they are saying it is hard for the virus to enter that software, because of its highly recommended security, although for me it is hard to use linux because i think it is not user friendly but i believe it will save us from different virus attacks. be wise in all our clicking website in the net now.
legendary
Activity: 4312
Merit: 3517
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

it helps as most malware targets windows. with windows best practice is up to date patches, good firewall good antivirus and good internet hygiene.

*nix/apple is not 100 % immune though.

Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: