Pages:
Author

Topic: Beware of PayPal and other reversible transfer services - page 30. (Read 825461 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Yes, please be very careful of Paypal and a site called sellusbitcoin.com out of the UK.  They reversed a transaction totaling $1107 a few days after the bitcoin had been transferred then claimed it was paypal that reversed it because they suspected me of fraud. I've been with paypal over 10 years with an account in good standing. I would warn anyone not to deal with this company. They also go by Bitcoin Stockers Ltd.   Angry
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
What would be the best option to buy BTC ?
I want to order antminer from bitmaintech so decided to buy coins and order one
Im new to buying coins so any help would be greatly appreciated
Localbitcoin.

Or you can looking for an Seller who accept USD or other Fiat. I could sale you up to 4 Ant Miner, which i own, just PM me.
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
What would be the best option to buy BTC ?
I want to order antminer from bitmaintech so decided to buy coins and order one
Im new to buying coins so any help would be greatly appreciated
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
not sure if this has been said, but I use CampBX.com I have used it multiple times for bank transfer and it has always worked for me! just make an account and when you want to sell out send your BTC there, trade for USD, then arch transfer to bank. Sometimes if their rate for BTC is higher than other places you can get a little bonus.

What is their withdrawal fee and turnaround time?
Activity: 700
Just a friendly note that paypal is not in favor of buyers as OP insists.

Here's a reply I just got trying to get a refund.  The seller didn't respond and they still decided in their favor.  They claim to ship but paypal didnt even require tracking.

I'll be disputing but just giving everyone a warning paypal isn't safe for buyers.

Dear ### ## ####,

We have concluded our investigation into this case. Unfortunately, at this
time we are unable to decide this claim in your favor.

-----------------------------------
Transaction Details

Seller's Name: Emilia Carsalade
Seller's Email: [email protected]
Seller's Transaction ID: 2U110979AE6757817

Transaction Date: Mar 4, 2014
Transaction Amount: -$700.00 USD
Your Transaction ID: 20B39228ML3513307
Case Number: PP-003-002-495-778

Buyer's Transaction ID: 20B39228ML3513307

Sincerely,
PayPal
The all depends on the case and the reputation of both buyer and seller. I called them to report and ask about a buyer's history and if the buyer has a history of repeated unauthorized disputes then they will favor the seller.

PayPal disputes are 50/50. However if the buyer files a chargeback it's 99% in favor of buyer. That's where the confusion comes in.
Activity: 518

Here's a reply I just got trying to get a refund.  The seller didn't respond and they still decided in their favor.  They claim to ship but paypal didnt even require tracking.

I'll be disputing but just giving everyone a warning paypal isn't safe for buyers.

Dear ### ## ####,

Transaction Details

Sincerely,
PayPal
The all depends on the case and the reputation of both buyer and seller. I called them to report and ask about a buyer's history and if the buyer has a history of repeated unauthorized disputes then they will favor the seller.
Activity: 23

Dear ### ## ####,

Transaction Details

Sincerely,
PayPal
Activity: 11
Hi
I am wonderingwhy paypal.com is not so friendly with bitcoin?

Br

Gondel

I read they're in direct competition, that's why they don't play nice.
What if there's a third party to verify the last 6 months transactions before dealing with Paypal and if it's all cleaned without chargebacks then maybe a trust starting with $100 depending on the flow of capital on the account?
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
Hi
I am wonderingwhy paypal.com is not so friendly with bitcoin?

Br

Gondel
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
The issues discussed here are valid but any transaction has risk so the reputation and history of the person you are doing business with is key. If you have had a successful paypal transaction you should publish it so others can see your result. I would recommend a sticky thread to create a historical record of crypto-currency transactions. It greatly improves the liquidity of all the coins but expecially so for the alt-coins.
Money sent through PayPal and any other money transfer service that accepts credit cards can be easily reversed by the sender, even after several weeks. Therefore, you should only accept PayPal in trades with people you trust very highly.

This is why newbies are not likely to sell their PayPal USD for bitcoins successfully.

Some other services that are not totally safe:
- Bank transfers (ACH, etc.) except wire transfers
- Most gift cards.
- Moneypak
- AlertPay
- Paysafecards
- Dwolla
- Western Union (they reportedly will sue the recipient to recover money in some cases)
We should just start a list of all handles including names, emails from Paypal so the ones after can actually benefit. And of course if your name or email is on the list, you can proof your innocent.
I'm going to start and if there is a growing list I'd like to add a couple:

1. Ossama Harb - [email protected]
2. Brian Allen - [email protected]

And of course I will compile the list if others will join then it's as simple as we can trade safe and secure by dealing with accounts that don't have any chargebacks in the last 6 months.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
not sure if this has been said, but I use CampBX.com I have used it multiple times for bank transfer and it has always worked for me! just make an account and when you want to sell out send your BTC there, trade for USD, then arch transfer to bank. Sometimes if their rate for BTC is higher than other places you can get a little bonus.
Wrote many time above, EVERY Transaction on Paypal are reversable, if someone claim his account is hacked.
And donations/Gifts will be returned? What if you don't have anything left, will they get it from a bank or your credit cards?

Yes, or negative balance, or collections...
Thx, that's the kind of answer I'm looking for, not like the previous!
You prefer a sarcasm answer? Interesting.
Wrote many time above, EVERY Transaction on Paypal are reversable, if someone claim his account is hacked.
And donations/Gifts will be returned? What if you don't have anything left, will they get it from a bank or your credit cards?

Thx, that's the kind of answer I'm looking for, not like the previous!
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy

Mate, i don't give you a description how to fraud with paypal. Just in fact: EVERY Transaction will be returned, under the right circumstances.
If you send to Paypal as a donation or gift to family/friends, reversible?
Pages:
Jump to: