Pages:
Author

Topic: BFGMiner 5.5.0: CPU/GPU/FPGA/ASIC mining software, GBT+Stratum, RPC, Linux/Win64 - page 4. (Read 834131 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Update across all my miners to 5.5.0 worked as smooth as always.

I have many various old ASIC miners on a Openwrt TP-link running BFGMiner  - which I decide to boot up today, funny watching it run after a coupe of years in a box..This had me thinking..

Has anyone ever seen a Luci web interface running for BFGminer?
(Like the CGMiner interface on my Antminers?)

I currently use a 'Screen -dMS' option for access, and while I tried to copy some of the luci lua files over today - as I expected the lua script isn't that simple.
So I'll take some time to RTFM and start with a simpler set of lua scripts

I can see cgminer has it's own dedicated cgminer-api executable. But does BFGMiner?

Or will i just start with an API config file?

Any practical pointers would get me off to a good start...

Many thanks.

Why bother?

1) It's time to learn some Lua anyway as I'm increasingly coming across it.
2) Eventually when the shed is complete some of this kit can/will be moved onto solar panels from the garage - and also heat my shed/greenhouse.
FYI before I sold them on some old Avalon machines were great clothes dryers! Such heat.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
You'd need to at the very least compile a bitstream for it and adapt the code to talk to it somehow.
clt
Activity: 135
Merit: 7
Hi guys,

I don't even know if it is right to post my question here but here it goes:

I got 5 of Xilinx Inc. XC5VLX110T-1FF1136I FPGA. Specification are in page 2 of this document :
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/data_sheets/ds100.pdf

Is it possible to mine with them at some reasonable feasibility? Like can they deliver even half of a AntMiner S9? Couldn't find any comparable Hashrates since no one is mining with FPGA's anymore. Electricity costs are not an issue and these FPGA's are going to get in rust if we don't use them anyway. Any directions and leads are welcome. Since BFGMiner is compatible with FPGA's thats the reason I'm asking you here.

Thanks for listening. Noob guy dismissed.
Activity: 99
Merit: 4
Did you reboot after changing the files?
I did. Nothing changed. Since bfgminer is installed via apt-get, I don't know where to finde the "70-bfgminer.rules" file. I found one file with that name (via "find") here:
Code:
/lib/udev/rules.d/70-bfgminer.rules
But it doesn't seem to be really there. At least I don't see it when I'm inside the directory.

Where the hell is the mistake?!
Activity: 446
Merit: 347
Dear all ! this programme work for X11 asics solo mining? i tried but not working but i have bad settings ?

Thanks Wink
legendary
Thank you for your response. Smiley I installed bfgminer from package. I deleted /etc/udev/rules.d/01-cgminer.rules, but nothing changed. Sad cgminer recognizese the miners, but bfgminer doesn't. Any further suggestions? Huh
Did you reboot after changing the files?
Activity: 1
I have Windows 10 x64 (4gb ram)
old bfgminer 5.4.2 worked x32 and worked x64
but new bfgminer 5.5.0 - work only x32 version. If run x64 version, then after 10 second program close and generally nothing written in the console!

I see these issues too
Thank you for your response. Smiley I installed bfgminer from package. I deleted /etc/udev/rules.d/01-cgminer.rules, but nothing changed. Sad cgminer recognizese the miners, but bfgminer doesn't. Any further suggestions? Huh
legendary
Accidentally I postet this at the wrong board. So I'll repeat it here:

In order for cgminer to recognize my USB Miner, I have to give, among other things, the following command:

Code:
sudo cp 01-cgminer.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/

What must the corresponding command for the bfgminer look like?
You will want to delete that file (
Code:
sudo rm /etc/udev/rules.d/01-cgminer.rules
) and copy the bfgminer equivalent.

Code:
sudo cp 70-bfgminer.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/

Note that you don't need to do this if you install BFGMiner from a package.
Accidentally I postet this at the wrong board. So I'll repeat it here:

In order for cgminer to recognize my USB Miner, I have to give, among other things, the following command:

Code:
sudo cp 01-cgminer.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/

What must the corresponding command for the bfgminer look like?
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345
diamond-handed zealot
You have Trojans in your Zip files dude FIX THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, your "anti-virus software" is really malware and lying to you.

lol
Activity: 52
Merit: 10
legendary
No, your "anti-virus software" is really malware and lying to you.
Activity: 5
Activity: 8
Activity: 1
I finally got my stratum proxy with BFGMiner 5.4.2 working but it shows incorrect hash rate. It shows 22 Gh/s while my miner shows a total of ~100 Gh/s. Is that just an incorrect hash rate display? or I might be missing some configuration.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Seems NWools has rejoined the community, any chance you might get with him to help with GekkoScience driver files for BFGMiner? Maybe?
legendary
Since Ubuntu's native packages tend to lag behind, I've re-created the BFGMiner PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~luke-jr/+archive/ubuntu/bfgminer

You can use this to get the latest version on Ubuntu.
Activity: 19
Does the S9 say anything?

Says Alive on the first line with the stratum URL but  (I'm not sure if I ever saw the http line be alive - I thought http was for solo and stratum for pools..)  I can rerun it and get more info if it helps..

So.. should I give up mining solo with an S9?

It's been over a week banging my head - Linux and Windows, and different machines...

Any advice would be helpful..

Thanks!
Activity: 4
Pages:
Jump to: