Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL 6 May 2013 ASIC Update - page 2. (Read 23286 times)

Activity: 1484
Merit: 500
Across The Universe
May 11, 2013, 05:14:40 PM
+1 I am awaiting version two of Josh with two clown-nose.

Here Wink

JOSH FUCK YOU

There are no other COmpany here there are soo many DELAYS than BFL

All what we hear is
Next week
week of
perhaps end of month

Before CHINESE NEW YEAR !!!

Here is the currently estimated timeline, and while this is subject to change of course, it's pretty solid at this time. Completed items are crossed off:

Week of January 13th ||| MONTH OF OCT / NOV / DEC / JAN / FEB / MAR / APR / MAY ||||
        Travel to packaging facility for final prep and walkthrough - Complete
        Confirm travel plans and trip details with lead ASIC engineer for trip to fab - Complete
    Week of January 20th
        Final assembly facility prep - In progress
    Week of January 26th
        Leave for fab/bumping facility at the end of the week
        KC facility starts assembly process of units to drop PCB into Units being prepped!
    Week of February 3rd
        Final chips roll off the line
        Arrive at Bumping facility
        Chips Bumped
        Arrive California for Packaging (May spill into following week)
        Chips packaged
    Week of February 10th
        Packaged chips sent to assembly house
        Assembled PCB is set for final testing and MCU programming
        Notify users to start sending their FPGA units or BTC for trade in participants
        Bulk assembled PCBs arrive in KC, we start dropping PCBs into waiting units
        Boxing/labeling for shipment
        We implement the 1/3 shipping plan en mass
            1/3 of our assembled units will go to new orders in FIFO
            1/3 of our assembled units will go to upgrade orders
            1/3 will be randomly selected from both groups
        We descend upon the Post Office like horde of angry locust. DHL, UPS and FedEx send trucks.

I hope any body find you and pissed in your Coffee in the morning !!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
May 11, 2013, 04:08:08 PM
+1 I am awaiting version two of Josh with two clown-nose.

Here Wink

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
May 11, 2013, 03:36:13 PM
I must say that this latest graphic with the ship is a bit of a fail though.

Yeah well, I will clearly admit my imaging skills suck. At least I tried to create some OC ! Relevant Yoda quote, and so on and so forth...

It just was not clear what the ship was composed of.  And many people may not even notice the background due to how the human brain processes info.

The 'updated lineup' graphic with the 500cm high Jalapeno, and shifted/duplicated other offerings was a work of true genius.  Really hard to compete with that one.  I still laugh about that just thinking of it.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
May 11, 2013, 03:29:50 PM
I must say that this latest graphic with the ship is a bit of a fail though.

Yeah well, I will openly admit my imaging skills suck. At least I tried to create some OC ! Relevant Yoda quote, and so on and so forth...
legendary
May 11, 2013, 03:22:51 PM
BTW, I happened across a priceless youtube vid of Josh explaining the delays tonight.  It's a couple of weeks old at this time, but I didn't see it on any of these threads.  But then I am only a part-time follower of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eF6FSdur8k

"And, ah...this is the process we gotta do to every chip, alright, to get em onto the boards.  And it's a manual process; not like we have some fancy manufacturing process, this is how it has to be done, and when it's done, ya know, it's good!  But until we get it done, ya, ya, just watch."

LMAO!

Classic omfg lol

"Lotta power issues with these chip, but you know what?  We're just going to put it together and get it out there to you guys."

"Ya, doing this process, getting this all set up, you know, four per day, five per day, and ah expect to be hitting into the 50's you know in the next couple weeks, ah. ..."

I know this thing is a joke, but it has actually turned out to be amazingly accurate.  BFL should hire this guy to give their company some credibility and to give their 'customers' a decent understanding of what to expect.

edit: quick fix.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
May 11, 2013, 04:36:43 AM
BTW, I happened across a priceless youtube vid of Josh explaining the delays tonight.  It's a couple of weeks old at this time, but I didn't see it on any of these threads.  But then I am only a part-time follower of them.

Someone made a joke out of ruining a motherboard.

Gee...ya think?

"And, ah...this is the process we gotta do to every chip, alright, to get em onto the boards.  And it's a manual process; not like we have some fancy manufacturing process, this is how it has to be done, and when it's done, ya know, it's good!  But until we get it done, ya, ya, just watch."

LMAO!

Classic omfg lol
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
May 11, 2013, 03:02:04 AM
For the love of god...
Does every single BFL thread have to degenerate into a troll mud slinging free for all?

I have an early July order with BFL, and look in to see if there is any new news here, and by and large I have to wade through pages and pages of utter nonsense to find 1 or 2 meaningful messages. It is ridiculous.

And yes, it may say newbie by my name, but I have been lurking here for years... I remember when Inaba was a 'respected member of the community' and how everyone was so happy that he was going to represent us and visit BFL to verify that their FPGA product wasn't a scam...

And, quite frankly, anyone considering a BFL ASIC pre-order should have known or researched the BFL FPGA debacle. Heck, i was pretty convinced that their FPGA thing was scam back then. When I made the ASIC order, I was confident it would be late, use more power (or have some other metric missing spec), but eventually be shipped. It's a calculated risk, and it has been fairly accurate.

Yes, they have made statements that weren't accurate, yes their ASIC product missed their power estimate, yes, they still are not shipping in quantity, yes, Josh seems to be missing the customer service gene, yes they are a ridiculously horrible company.....  We know. We get it, you do NOT need to pollute every last BFL thread with Josh clown pictures.

They've had my money for 10 months, I'm not exactly excited about it, but trolling on about in the forums won't make my ASIC get here any faster.

/rant

I quit reading at the bold text realizing that you felt it's too ridiculous to read BFL's official forum for an update, opting to come here and bitch that you had to read mega pages to find out the latest, wading through troll posts.

I'm surprised, though shouldn't be, I guess, to see so many newbies defending BFL. Is there a convention in the works I'm not aware of?
legendary
May 11, 2013, 02:39:49 AM
BTW, I happened across a priceless youtube vid of Josh explaining the delays tonight.  It's a couple of weeks old at this time, but I didn't see it on any of these threads.  But then I am only a part-time follower of them.

Gee...ya think?
"And, ah...this is the process we gotta do to every chip, alright, to get em onto the boards.  And it's a manual process; not like we have some fancy manufacturing process, this is how it has to be done, and when it's done, ya know, it's good!  But until we get it done, ya, ya, just watch."
LMAO!

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
May 11, 2013, 02:37:13 AM
So instead of 8 chips, the single will use 16 chips, it is a nice move that leaves a lot of room for chips. I remember that they said the test for running at 500Mhz is problematic but chips can run stable at 300Mhz, e.g. 4.8GH per chip

So if BKKcoins actually builds a functional Klondike, a 16 chip board that could clock to 300 Mhz per chip on a 10 cm x10 cm square at 32W as a DIY project in a few months what the hell has BFL been doing these past 10 months?

Each Klondike board has a 6 pin PCI Express power connector allowing efficient powering of many boards from a decent ATX PSU. A 16 chip board should be capable of 4512 MH/s and consume about 32W power. A low cost Corsair CX-600 PSU should easily power 16 boards using readily available power splitters. This provides for 72 GH/s off one low cost ATX PSU.

And costing roughly https://github.com/bkkcoins/klondike/blob/master/docs/Parts%20List.pdf what only $26.48 per manufactured board with runs of 25+ board minimum and $8 for an Avalon chip and then in heatsinks, the psu and time and sweat you could put have the following.

16 Avalon Chips............................  $128.00
1 Board......................................... $ 23.68
Corsair CX-600 PSU.......................... $70.00
1 Extruded Al Heat sinks....................  $6.00
Blood Sweat Tears.........................  $100.00
USB cable........................................ $2.00
32+ Watts.
4.8 GH/s
No extra shipping charges
Easily scales to 72 GH/s

For 330 USD?

Hmmm.

I see a tough road ahead for any BFL products if the Avalons DIY'ers get this working. This might prove the end of BFL considering this will be open source.

Has anyone received the chips to make a board yet? 99% of miners are not going DIY.

I've been outta pocket due to tryin' to pass this damn kidney stone, so forgive me if the following has already been asked: Do you sit at the same desk as Jody, or do you have your own office at BFL?
Activity: 1484
Merit: 500
Across The Universe
May 11, 2013, 02:33:28 AM
New update.....

Chips arrieved.... But only few hundred.....
They change the bumbing facality again....
New goal few weeks delay... What a surprise
PeZ
Activity: 297
May 11, 2013, 02:29:37 AM

Activity: 338
Merit: 251
May 11, 2013, 01:06:08 AM
you do NOT need to pollute every last BFL thread with Josh clown pictures.

I need to respectfully disagree. I would take it a step further and argue there are not enough variations of photos of Josh with a clown-nose.

The man did it entirely to himself.

+1 I am awaiting version two of Josh with clown-nose.

+2 I almost feel like a troll for piling on to this but its so true. He did it to himself. 100%. We couldn't make this kind of sh#t up! This is classic.

After almost a full year later now I declare this horse officially deceased. This has become animal cruelty now guys...
legendary
May 11, 2013, 01:03:05 AM
Might be time to start a mailing campaign... ship one large red clown to BFL in protest for breaking their promises.

Why?  It would be a totally waste of time and money.  You cannot shame a scammer.  Just the opposite in fact.  They take pride in a job well done, and BFL has done an amazing job.  Victims are seen as nothing more than idiots to be milked.  The only thing which gets their attention is threats to their operation(s), and you saw how Josh flipped out when BitcoinNV mentioned BFL to the DA during the pirateat40 goings-on.

I'm in it for the laughs and lulz at this point.  The graphics about BFL and general comic relief on these threads is very enjoyable.  I must say that this latest graphic with the ship is a bit of a fail though.

Activity: 406
May 11, 2013, 12:42:39 AM

Well, I'm no pro, but this is all I got. Josh overseeing a new delivery of fans from China, to be used in the new Minirig redesigns.

haha this is funny. Boxes of fans on the water!

That is why he has been call a clown Wink
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
May 11, 2013, 12:35:45 AM
Might be time to start a mailing campaign... ship one large red clown to BFL in protest for breaking their promises.

legendary
May 11, 2013, 12:10:23 AM

Well, I'm no pro, but this is all I got. Josh overseeing a new delivery of fans from China, to be used in the new Minirig redesigns.

haha this is funny. Boxes of fans on the water!
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
May 10, 2013, 11:58:01 PM

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
May 10, 2013, 07:31:11 PM
Do they have shill tags for threads?
legendary
May 10, 2013, 07:25:42 PM

Sorry, bud, you're wrong.

For every single person tired of seeing a BFL rant, maybe 5 others become informed of BFL's reputation by way of these constant shitstorms.

This is the purpose of a forum and a collective response resulting in the formation of the entity in question's reputation.

Just because you are bored reading this stuff doesn't make it any less important.  Rather than wishing to control content in these threads why not pick up a hobby or something that interests you?  Because your premise is entirely self centered.
When I see a person on any forum, thread crap on multiple threads with the same saw, I instantly classify them as someone with an axe to grind. In any BFL thread there are 4 or 5 posters who are guaranteed to show up and spout off about BFL. Such behavior only makes rational people discount your opinion.

Interesting that you choose to call me names and tell me to get a hobby, rather than address this issue, which is the god awful signal-to-noise ratio in any BFL thread.

I think anyone who just registers a forum account profile less than 30 days ago and starts defending BFL in any manner is QUESTIONABLE as a possible BFL shill or sockpuppet.

Oh and rational to you is not the same as it would be to me. But that is why we are different.

Name:   poobah
Position:   Jr. Member
Date Registered:   April 27, 2013, 11:14:14 PM
legendary
May 10, 2013, 07:13:33 PM

When I see a person on any forum, thread crap on multiple threads with the same saw, I instantly classify them as someone with an axe to grind. In any BFL thread there are 4 or 5 posters who are guaranteed to show up and spout off about BFL. Such behavior only makes rational people discount your opinion.

Lots of people don't like scams and scammers.  For my part, I think it hurts the ecosystem and my stake in it.

I also think it is a lot of fun to see the various comic material that people generate.  I come back to these threads for that more than anything, then sometimes cannot resist making some comment or another.

Pages:
Jump to: