Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL board project COINTAMINATION - EU facility - ORDERS OPENED for Chili - page 14. (Read 73031 times)

legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Looking forward to getting them!
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Unfortunately boards were finished at about 4pm. And last chance for shipping was at 5pm so there was no way I could program them in time. Will do that over weekend...

But this is how 60 Chilis look like in a box...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xlezhe49soqyuwh/2013-12-27%2014.51.28.jpg

Hello lucko

Nice news.
Can you tell us if plan to put any new modified firmware on this batch or the release used already on first 4 boards?
Also: can expect this boards would have some burn-in during weekend ? (was annonced before for cointamination boards)

Regards
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Unfortunately boards were finished at about 4pm. And last chance for shipping was at 5pm so there was no way I could program them in time. Will do that over weekend...

+1
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Awesome!!!
Activity: 826

OK so at lest one crashing board can be explain this way... Need to test more of them but they are in the lab... And I will have much bigger base to test soon...

I asked Santa for an Infra red thermometer,
The dogs want some bones,
The little ones will get lots of toys,
The Teenagers will get some clothes,
Lucko WILL get a van full of chili boards,

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

and watch for Santa on the Norad website.
Yes if I wouldn't increase the order by 500% I would have them today or yesterday...

And you also have a Google Santa tracker that shows him on a different location... Interesting... I guess it is the speed and the uncertainty principle... Since he changing location so fast his mass must be really small so delta x can be big Smiley

or network latency
OK so at lest one crashing board can be explain this way... Need to test more of them but they are in the lab... And I will have much bigger base to test soon...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Yes if I wouldn't increase the order by 500% I would have them today or yesterday...

And you also have a Google Santa tracker that shows him on a different location... Interesting... I guess it is the speed and the uncertainty principle... Since he changing location so fast his mass must be really small so delta x can be big Smiley

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

What??? I really should read MrTeal Chili thread... This pretty much reads as a problem I have...

I have one of mine that has been giving me issues lately, and it sounds very similar to your problem. A little debugging of the VRM to read the logged faults show that it's hitting a current limit fault and the DC/DC is tripping off. It's also a great performer, 16 engines on all 8 chips. The problem was that my cooling was good enough that the temperatures stayed under the limits, and with every engine enabled and ramping up to the full voltage (1.15V) I was pulling more than 160A out of the power supply. It was hashing over 40GH/s, but it would trip the protections on the DC/DC and shut down. Limiting the voltage to 1.1V has dropped the hashrate to 39GH/s, but it also runs stable now.

I'm having similar issues as well. The 2 I got from batch 3 auction will reset constantly. The voltage gets up to 1.16 and then they disable themselves. If by chance the voltage stays below 1.16 all is well but it's a crap shoot. I have heat sinks on the MOSFETs.

EDIT:Forgive but how do I limit the voltage I'm using a self compiled cgminer 3.8.5 (ubuntu) I don't see device management it used to be there.
As of right now there isn't an option to limit voltage. Below is a version of 14e compiled to limit the voltage to 1.1V instead of 1.15V. Give that a try.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4rj2k1m9vrj00e/Chili14e1V1.hex

Over the break for the next couple weeks I plan to get some changes to the firmware done to allow limits to be imposed on different variables like frequency setpoint and voltage through command extensions.

BTW- Not super useful for most people since you can't use it while hashing since the mining software has the port open, but the ZlX command (lowercase "L") will return the temperature of all the chips. If you're compiling your own cgminer, you might want to add in a way to read that.

Hope this helps...
OK 60 boards SMD assembled and AOI inspected. But they run out of time for THT assembly. Now we have holidays till 27th. So it will be finished then and if all goes to plan I will have all programmed and send the same day...

Hi Lucko
will you be programming with the 1.1v limiting software? or the standard release?

The 2 I got from MR.Teal's batch 3 are over performers and needed the 1.1v limit firmware. I took a small hit on the hash rate but they work great and hash away at 36-37GH/s. They were trying to hash at 40-41GH/s and that was causing the voltage to rise to 1.16 (or higher) and would cause them to reset.
What??? I really should read MrTeal Chili thread... This pretty much reads as a problem I have...
OK 60 boards SMD assembled and AOI inspected. But they run out of time for THT assembly. Now we have holidays till 27th. So it will be finished then and if all goes to plan I will have all programmed and send the same day...

Hi Lucko
will you be programming with the 1.1v limiting software? or the standard release?

The 2 I got from MR.Teal's batch 3 are over performers and needed the 1.1v limit firmware. I took a small hit on the hash rate but they work great and hash away at 36-37GH/s. They were trying to hash at 40-41GH/s and that was causing the voltage to rise to 1.16 (or higher) and would cause them to reset.

Hi Lucko
I wanted to say that if anyone is considering selling their boards I'm willing to buy 2 or 3.

Please don't respond here but  send me a pm letting know your price and maybe we can work something out.
MrTeal did find something but he didn't track it down to nothing at the moment... Phase 2 in 1V power supply is acting strange in 30 to 40% of cases when working but reads exactly the same as others when not powered on... He did replace some parts and that didn't help... Did asked me to do some tests to see if all boards act the same way and will do them tomorrow. I was in a hospital today with my daughter(pneumonia) and I'm told by my girlfriend who is with her that she calls me all the time when I'm not there... So I took a day off.
Well if it is part that needs to be replaced I will not get it by the time I need it even if they will make them on Monday. And tomorrow or Monday is the last day they can make my board this year. They did change schedule just to make more boards for me so I really pushing my luck if I ask them to change it again... So manual fix will be done in any case even if we know what is wrong the difference will be only that that one part will not be put on board... I don't think it is a PCB since we tested with 2 different makes.

+1
Well if it is part that needs to be replaced I will not get it by the time I need it even if they will make them on Monday. And tomorrow or Monday is the last day they can make my board this year. They did change schedule just to make more boards for me so I really pushing my luck if I ask them to change it again... So manual fix will be done in any case even if we know what is wrong the difference will be only that that one part will not be put on board... I don't think it is a PCB since we tested with 2 different makes.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Hi Lucko

MrTeal may have some more information for you over the weekend, so will it be safe to wait for his report?

I need to take your advice on this,(whatever you decide will be good )

I think is a wise advice but i because i said before to go ahead any decision is also good for me
Hi Lucko

MrTeal may have some more information for you over the weekend, so will it be safe to wait for his report?

I need to take your advice on this,(whatever you decide will be good )
Well if I will not end up having to replace PCB I can probably do any fix by hand or manual PnP... It is just more work for me... I will see what will be there answer about increasing the number again...
Pages:
Jump to: