Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL board project COINTAMINATION - EU facility - ORDERS OPENED for Chili - page 15. (Read 73031 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Hi everyone,
Some (slightly) good news, the tracking on the board Lucko sent me was woefully wrong and it has arrived today instead of the Dec 31st estimate they had listed.
I should be able to test and hopefully debug any issues with it over the weekend.
Yes I told you it must be wrong since I paid for 5 days service(fastest they had)... And it looks like they did good on there promise when they lost it that they will make up for lost time(yes that really happened and MrTeal can confirm that). I was sure you will get it next week but this is a nice surprise. Good luck...
Yeah, I'm very glad for it. The weird delivery date might have had something to do with them losing the package for a few days. I'm just happy it got here safe and sound.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Hi Lucko

MrTeal may have some more information for you over the weekend, so will it be safe to wait for his report?

I need to take your advice on this,(whatever you decide will be good )
Activity: 826

Hi Lucko
Please arrange for my boards to be built after you have set up the replacement 1v power supply modification.
(the power supply changes may solve the problem)
I have other devices here ( not chili ) that also need multiple restarts, so I can cope with that.

Have you had any more time to investigate my faulty chili?

Hi Lucko
The above was from my last post.

However If you have not yet started on my boards, then a small delay while MrTeal reports back is ok for me.
Reading MrTeal's latest post, his comments could make a big difference by monday.
Smiley

How did I read this can't cope Smiley

OK... Will asked for additional boards but problem is that management is out for a weekend and only production is there. No idea when they will work on my boards and not sure if I can get that info... Anyway I can handsolder any additional or changed part on. I can get parts in 1 day if it is available at Farnell. They have till 6:00pm orders delivered by 11:00am next day...

Hi Lucko
Please arrange for my boards to be built after you have set up the replacement 1v power supply modification.
I have other devices here ( not chili ) that also need multiple restarts, so I can cope with that.

Hi Lucko
The above was from my last post.

However If you have not yet started on my boards, then a small delay while MrTeal reports back is ok for me.
Reading MrTeal's latest post, his comments could make a big difference by monday.
Hi everyone,
Some (slightly) good news, the tracking on the board Lucko sent me was woefully wrong and it has arrived today instead of the Dec 31st estimate they had listed.
I should be able to test and hopefully debug any issues with it over the weekend.
Yes I told you it must be wrong since I paid for 5 days service(fastest they had)... And it looks like they did good on there promise when they lost it that they will make up for lost time(yes that really happened and MrTeal can confirm that). I was sure you will get it next week but this is a nice surprise. Good luck...
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Hi everyone,
Well 44 Chilis will be made as they are... Since all of recipients have at lest basic electric skills I hope more eyes will find what is the problem. I was hoping that they will be made today but they were planing only 10 for me so we were moved to tomorrow or Monday. It still take about 5 minutes on PnP and 15 minutes from start to finish. So my time changed from 40 minutes to to 2 hours 5 minutes... So they couldn't do it.

They may not all show the problem, if it is a hashing speed and voltage issue............that will make things more interesting.

Maybe I need to keep a logbook of events for each board.
Did I miss where you told me you would like your boards made to? I thought you told me that you already have some that are problematic(not Chili) and don't need more...
Well 44 Chilis will be made as they are... Since all of recipients have at lest basic electric skills I hope more eyes will find what is the problem. I was hoping that they will be made today but they were planing only 10 for me so we were moved to tomorrow or Monday. It still take about 5 minutes on PnP and 15 minutes from start to finish. So my time changed from 40 minutes to to 2 hours 5 minutes... So they couldn't do it.

They may not all show the problem, if it is a hashing speed and voltage issue............that will make things more interesting.

Maybe I need to keep a logbook of events for each board.
Well 44 Chilis will be made as they are... Since all of recipients have at lest basic electric skills I hope more eyes will find what is the problem. I was hoping that they will be made today but they were planing only 10 for me so we were moved to tomorrow or Monday. It still take about 5 minutes(for 2) on PnP and 15 minutes from start to finish. So my time changed from 40 minutes to 2 hours 5 minutes... So they couldn't do it.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
So, why are there so many Chili boards on E-bay now?

We are all frustrated but comments like that aren't necessary. We all know that Mr.Teal and ChipGeek are helping Lucko with this which should in itself be confirmation that there isn't a grand "conspiracy".

think the same: things don't go well but, until now, this project management by lucko was irreproachable.
I think many people on same circumstances will give up when found BFL changed chips spcifications and leave the boat

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

We are all frustrated but comments like that aren't necessary. We all know that Mr.Teal and ChipGeek are helping Lucko with this which should in itself be confirmation that there isn't a grand "conspiracy".
legendary
Activity: 966
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Today is the 3 month anniversary for receipt of my BFL chips.  Sad

£500 off Mr Teal

sell on ebay £1000
Activity: 529
Merit: 501

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
I reread some posts. As I understood the regulation looks like wrong. Maybe the sense lines are wrong or not connected, maybe only not as near to the bfl chips?

However maybe it could be a fix to increase the voltage a little bit and stop the self testing.
It will be fine we can disable each chip also retest the chips. Also it will be fine to add a limit command for the frequency for each chip. Are there commands to do this?

Lucko, I found 2 testpads which looks like for 1V rails. Do you checked the rail for stabilisation and for ripples?

Cheers...

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
For my 10 boards I want to get the best boards hashing to me. So best is send me "my" boards which have no big problems.
I will check the send boards locally for usage. If I cannot live with them and if there is only a hw fix possible depends on I can fix it by myself if I know what I must do or I will send them later back to you for fixing.

The additional transfer costs I will pay.

Send me a pm if you need some details from me and how many boards do you can send.

Cheers...
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
what will be the difference between asking for delivery now, ..........and waiting a few more days for problem to be fixed?
Worst case scenario. We figure out that we have wrong gerber for board(I really don't see this as a real possibility since MrTeal did look at them). I'll need to remove chips and more expensive components off the board and remake it on new board.

But more likely is that it has something to do with just one or more component that you can potentially replace yourself if you are good with soldering iron or you can send it back to me and I will do it for free... Depends on cost of shipping I might need to charge a bit for that...

The boards once you make it hash(some need to be restart a lot of times) works. It is only power on problem...

If you are asking for time difference. I think it is probably the last chance for boards to be made this year...

P.S.: They just recheck the components and they are on correct positions on a trolley for PnP... All I need now is a list of components that are 1V power supply so I can replace them.
Forgot. Best case scenario. Just a firmware tweak... This is done over USB cable.
Best case scenario?!??? You are kidding right?  Roll Eyes

All this project has seen so far, is the worst which could happen ... incl. a flat tire on your car.  Undecided
Why the hell should everything be easy now? I personally don't believe it.

So please find the problem first, fix it then and finally do my boards.

Thx

one4many
what will be the difference between asking for delivery now, ..........and waiting a few more days for problem to be fixed?
Worst case scenario. We figure out that we have wrong gerber for board(I really don't see this as a real possibility since MrTeal did look at them). I'll need to remove chips and more expensive components off the board and remake it on new board.

But more likely is that it has something to do with just one or more component that you can potentially replace yourself if you are good with soldering iron or you can send it back to me and I will do it for free... Depends on cost of shipping I might need to charge a bit for that...

The boards once you make it hash(some need to be restart a lot of times) works. It is only power on problem...

If you are asking for time difference. I think it is probably the last chance for boards to be made this year...

P.S.: They just recheck the components and they are on correct positions on a trolley for PnP... All I need now is a list of components that are 1V power supply so I can replace them.
Forgot. Best case scenario. Just a firmware tweak... This is done over USB cable.

Hi Lucko

Pages:
Jump to: