Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL board project COINTAMINATION - EU facility - ORDERS OPENED for Chili - page 17. (Read 73031 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Lucko and I have been trying to work through the errors that he is getting and looking for ways to solve them. I also believe Lucko is going to send me a board to debug so that I can have the same hardware in hand that he is looking at to speed things along.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Hmm,

do you mean you can send the boards which hash > 30 GH/s allready? It looks like these are ok for now and every day is a loss in 10 € a day with actual diff. (not to forget the lost allready we've got for the time).
I don't need an immediate fix for more hashing rate for an board which can be throw in a trash bin in a half year but is running for now . :-(

Cheers...

+1 IF, it is fixable via software ... otherwise please fix the hardware.
Get Mr. Teal a little more involved, he designed it after all. Wink

Che

one4many
It is one board not boards... I don't know if it is hardware or software...

I have MrTeal as involved as he has time allows... He is looking what I did what parts did I put on and I updating him on everything... He is as puzzled as I'm on this problem.

I also have 15 boards waiting so I fill your pain...

If you have pinpointed problem to 1V power supply i think real problem should be identified in next 1-2 days: probably is better to wait  before take decisions to send boards "as-is" or "fixed".
Question may be stupid but have you checked if 1 V power supply is really 1v ? ( don't rely only on value read by controller ) power is also clean and constant?
Regards
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Appreciate your hard work.  Hope you figure it out soon.
Activity: 826
Hmm,

do you mean you can send the boards which hash > 30 GH/s allready? It looks like these are ok for now and every day is a loss in 10 € a day with actual diff. (not to forget the lost allready we've got for the time).
I don't need an immediate fix for more hashing rate for an board which can be throw in a trash bin in a half year but is running for now . :-(

Cheers...

Cheers

one4many
It is one board not boards... I don't know if it is hardware or software...

I have MrTeal as involved as he has time allows... He is looking what I did what parts did I put on and I updating him on everything... He is as puzzled as I'm on this problem.

I also have 15 boards waiting so I fill your pain...
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
Hmm,

Cheers...

Cheers

one4many
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Hmm,

Cheers...
Yep again I'm jumping to conclusions without reading everything. Thanks for clearing it up, I'm kinda embarrassed after that one.
No problem it happens...

They do hash to some point. I can tell you that if I don't count one with only 60% of engines working they all go over 35GH. One is over 41. Just not long... It has all engines working...

So yes board is realy good one. Just need to figure out what is the reason it resets...
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Yep again I'm jumping to conclusions without reading everything. Thanks for clearing it up, I'm kinda embarrassed after that one.
Figure out the interface problem...

Oh man you're going to have to share more than that. What was the problem and are they hashing now? If so what are the numbers? Oh and glad to hear it!!! (didn't mean to sound ungrateful).
OK one post up...
OK today/yesterday(since it is 1:35am) progress report. We getting sure it is a problem with 1V power supply. Problem is that interface for checking it doesn't work on any. MrTeal did look at used components and didn't find anything wrong at the glance but will go over line by line tomorrow. I also got some additional documentation on the board(thanks MrTeal) so I can do batter job debugging it... It might be bad batch of components...
I can see errors in 1V power supply... So MrTeal will probably be able to tell me what is happening... We are not hashing any way different then they were... They run to some speed and then reboots
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Oh man you're going to have to share more than that. What was the problem and are they hashing now? If so what are the numbers? Oh and glad to hear it!!! (didn't mean to sound ungrateful).
OK today/yesterday(since it is 1:35am) progress report. We getting sure it is a problem with 1V power supply. Problem is that interface for checking it doesn't work on any. MrTeal did look at used components and didn't find anything wrong at the glance but will go over line by line tomorrow. I also got some additional documentation on the board(thanks MrTeal) so I can do batter job debugging it... It might be bad batch of components...
Activity: 198
BFL did have problems with engine 0 making the miner unstable,

Can you disable engine 0 within the software? and then test without engine 0 running on each chip?
This was only true for the first revision of chips.  All of those were shipped in BFL products except a few early sample chips.  All of the other chips sent out to us were the second revision where engine 0 is working. 
legendary
Activity: 966
I recall my lot of chips being divided into 2 groups of "A" and "B", with the laser etchings bearing different numbers.  I think A was week 38 and B was week 37, or something like that.  I wonder if they behave differently.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Any new firmware for the chili board
.?
No. I don't have source code for firmware...
Activity: 868
BFL did have problems with engine 0 making the miner unstable,

Can you disable engine 0 within the software? and then test without engine 0 running on each chip?
1 board 23GH no problems... Only 70 engines.

The rest of the boards are over 118 engines...

5 boards looks to be 30+ but can't get them to hash for longer then minute to get to speed...

2 boards 36 and 38(with additional cooling 41 and 39) but they don't run every time for cold start... But if I stop mining software and restart is fast enough(so that the voltage is still over 1V) board will start every time...

In most cases if problems starts at 24 to 29GH. Only one board crashes at 38GH.

Now I can't figure it out why boards run for some time then restarts. I would say that it is put together right but no idea why it then restart and they restart even USB so they get disconnected from computer.
Activity: 128
Hm, how much pcbs you now have allready tested?
Maybe they are only spikes in the whole order and so are really lemons Tongue?
How much hashing engines are activated after some hashing?
Do you tried to use bfgminer instead of cgminer?

I've here a new Thermaltake 730W PSU which looks like give also "not so ideal" hashing results with my both boards which have hashing problems. They have also problems with my new Enermax Revo PSU, but have little bit less hw errors so they hash ~ 1 GH/s better than with the Thermaltake. Connected to my good boards I cannot see a difference.

But if I read some posts in Mr. Teals forum it looks like that some have problem where most other didn't have. If hashing with 30 GH/s is possible without special cooling of the vrm the board should be ok.

So my last question is, how much boards never hashes or hashes really pool, arrive <25 GH/s, > 25 GH/s, >30 GH/s, >35 GH/s? Also how boards are affected and when will the boards which are not affected send to us?
The problem is that is not stable... Every Chili has voltage/hashing speed(they do go up in parallel) that is critical. And if it goes over it it will work but if not will crash... Using more then one is impossible since it crashes mining program...

I really can't find anything wrong with them... Today test showed noting strange. Nothing is to hot no spikes... I do need to make some tests with Digital Power Designer software(need to figure out how to use it) that control chip power supply... That will be done tomorrow...

And it is different problem with different firmware on Chili. If I use old one it start producing HW errors if I use new one it restarts...

One card that is working is probably below problematic hashing speed...
Pages:
Jump to: