Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL SC / Jally first picture? - page 13. (Read 26181 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
September 14, 2012, 06:18:19 PM
It's my thread, I will. But I will charge 220BTC.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1000
September 14, 2012, 03:10:06 PM

How do you know the PCB of your iPhone is different than your desktop motherboard? Have you ever opened them up to look at them?

Because they are manufactured by different companies, and the cases are completely different Smiley

But you don't know, you're just assuming. Smiley

The entire idea that the PCB is reused is retarded. It would imply a ridiculous number of sacrifices and inefficiencies for almost no benefit. Now, they might be able to design the new PCB so that they can use the same cooling and cases which would produce a very similar looking board, but I will place a 200BTC escrowed bet against your 20BTC that the PCB isn't exactly the same between the two, if you're interested. Smiley

I will hold the bets and act as escrow agent. 
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
September 14, 2012, 02:58:01 PM

How do you know the PCB of your iPhone is different than your desktop motherboard? Have you ever opened them up to look at them?

Because they are manufactured by different companies, and the cases are completely different Smiley

But you don't know, you're just assuming. Smiley

The entire idea that the PCB is reused is retarded. It would imply a ridiculous number of sacrifices and inefficiencies for almost no benefit. Now, they might be able to design the new PCB so that they can use the same cooling and cases which would produce a very similar looking board, but I will place a 200BTC escrowed bet against your 20BTC that the PCB isn't exactly the same between the two, if you're interested. Smiley
Activity: 336
September 14, 2012, 02:48:52 PM

legendary
September 14, 2012, 02:21:42 PM

legendary
September 14, 2012, 02:07:25 PM
1) If you go to http://www.butterflylabs.com/ there is no official link to the page being discussed here, so it could be experimental, in which case it's non-existant as far as customer is concerned.

2) How do you know the ASIC PCB is not the same as the FPGA PCB ? you don't so you have no grounds to call it deceptive.

2) Common sense.
Activity: 466
September 14, 2012, 02:03:33 PM
Dollar sign fixed, looks like someone is still working on the page so I wouldn't judge them, yet.
Activity: 240
September 14, 2012, 01:40:54 PM
deceptive marketing

Come on now, the page isn't publicly linked to from anywhere and it's still being worked on (see my post on noticing the added '$' on the MiniRig price).  BFL_Josh retracted his unsubstantiated statements regarding the performance of your ASIC devices compared to BFL's.  You could have the same courtesy and not sling mud.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1208
This is not OK.
September 14, 2012, 01:27:44 PM
Wow sensitive group,

Collective heavy flow day.

Poor things.
Activity: 386
September 14, 2012, 01:08:46 PM
1) If you go to http://www.butterflylabs.com/ there is no official link to the page being discussed here, so it could be experimental, in which case it's non-existant as far as customer is concerned.

2) How do you know the ASIC PCB is not the same as the FPGA PCB ? you don't so you have no grounds to call it deceptive.

I agree, this looks to me like a marketing idea page and the photo is just an idea or place holder.  I think it was just put out on here to show that BFL is thinking of stuff while they get things going and not something to be deceptive.  I thought it was a nice idea to show us something and who knows maybe the ASIC platform will pull allot from the FPGA.  Again happy to see that BFL is still moving forward and that something (even a marketing page) has come out. 

Wow sensitive group,
September 14, 2012, 12:47:17 PM

legendary
September 14, 2012, 12:33:08 PM

New landing page: http://www.butterflylabs.com/landing/

alt="Butterflylabs Great Shot" hah.

Not sure if supposed to be public? :>

Looks like a single?

deceptive marketing

I am SHOCKED they would engage is deceptive tactics. 

Literally NOTHING they have done to this point would lead me to think they could do such things!
Activity: 896
Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!
September 14, 2012, 12:20:09 PM

Looks like a single?

deceptive marketing
September 14, 2012, 11:46:08 AM
I also just noticed that they updated that landing page with a $ in front of the mini-rig price...so it's actively being worked on.
September 14, 2012, 11:44:11 AM
Putting it in stone now, i call bullshit. If birth certificates can be photoshopped, why not this Single SC image?

It even looks like the regular single with just another heatsink slapped on top...

Yes, the only difference between that image and the following image of the Rev 3 FPGA Single are the small copper heatsinks (thanks yochdog):

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
September 14, 2012, 11:29:47 AM
Putting it in stone now, i call bullshit. If birth certificates can be photoshopped, why not this Single SC image?

It even looks like the regular single with just another heatsink slapped on top...
September 14, 2012, 11:28:49 AM
Let me add that it is or would be great to see any changes to the site even if it is an current single model shown.  Not having any new news, pictures or anything on the site is just really sad and I know they have other things to worry about but for those of us waiting in line outside the store it would be nice to see something going on inside the store.  So happy to see this pic.
September 14, 2012, 10:45:56 AM

Looks like a single?

Sad I am 100% sure that is the rev 3 single, would have liked to see an SC pic or drawing.  Nice page.
legendary
September 14, 2012, 10:39:14 AM
try this....there is a pic of a rev 3 single halfway down. 

http://www.butterflylabs.com/production-update/
Pages:
Jump to: