Pages:
Author

Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread - page 35. (Read 119833 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 103
is that normal?
https://imgur.com/a/Ai648

and can anyone tell me what is today with HPS2? Rising and going down for all users...
Now it looks like multicore function on pool is disabled and few hours ago was on;)

That looks normal to me.  You can point multiple daemons at a user.  HPS will only show up for the first daemon, and hps2 will reflect the total for all of the daemons.

Yeah but is it normal that the shares number doesn't correspond to HPS2? Compare shares and HPS2 from the first two rows in that screenshot.

I raised the diff on the pool for everyone about 30% because it was getting pounded with too many hits per second and that seemed to alleviate the trouble it was having keeping up with updating the solution lag per second.

I believe the screen capture was taken while it was updating the leaderboard. 

Right now there are about 10 users (inblue included) where shares solved per IP per round are very high.  I havent done anything about it yet as everything looks OK, but I just wanted to mention that if people dont bring other pools online, it could be suggested that maybe we add a rule to limit the number of shares solved per public IP.  Why?  Because the mining is for everyone.  There really is nothing I can do if you want to rent a lot of hashpower over multiple IPs, but something doesnt feel quite right with all the solutions per second over concentrated IPs.

Well it's because the results are better when multiple daemons/nodes are running on the same machine, rather than just one. It was you who suggested this possibility after all, and then we saw better results, so yeah. I would much rather like if I could run just one daemon and get the same results, it would be much easier for me.

I'm not here to give you 1000% of other users money!  It was me?

Are you saying your script yields 10* the results vs a standalone miner?

I'll go ahead and shut your accounts down until we figure this out then, is that cool?

I don't get it, what did I say wrong? Or what am I doing wrong?

Um, I don't think you understand the concept of mining pools. My computers find blocks for which other pool miners get their share of the reward! And because of my computers, blocks are found more often by the pool! Having big miners can only benefit a pool!!!

But feel free to play an admin in a decentralized project, shut down my account if you want, I don't care. I think I have helped immensely in this project, but I am always getting bashed by you. I think it's time to say goodbye.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 215
Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords
is that normal?

and can anyone tell me what is today with HPS2? Rising and going down for all users...
Now it looks like multicore function on pool is disabled and few hours ago was on;)

That looks normal to me.  You can point multiple daemons at a user.  HPS will only show up for the first daemon, and hps2 will reflect the total for all of the daemons.

Yeah but is it normal that the shares number doesn't correspond to HPS2? Compare shares and HPS2 from the first two rows in that screenshot.

I raised the diff on the pool for everyone about 30% because it was getting pounded with too many hits per second and that seemed to alleviate the trouble it was having keeping up with updating the solution lag per second.

Right now there are about 10 users (inblue included) where shares solved per IP per round are very high.  I havent done anything about it yet as everything looks OK, but I just wanted to mention that if people dont bring other pools online, it could be suggested that maybe we add a rule to limit the number of shares solved per public IP.  Why?  Because the mining is for everyone.  There really is nothing I can do if you want to rent a lot of hashpower over multiple IPs, but something doesnt feel quite right with all the solutions per second over concentrated IPs.

Well it's because the results are better when multiple daemons/nodes are running on the same machine, rather than just one. It was you who suggested this possibility after all, and then we saw better results, so yeah. I would much rather like if I could run just one daemon and get the same results, it would be much easier for me.

I'm not here to give you 1000% of other users money!  It was me?

Are you saying your script yields 10* the results vs a standalone miner?

I'll go ahead and shut your accounts down until we figure this out then, is that cool?

So I finally have my pool set up and am testing it.  I have my linux vm mining to it (I think).  The getmininginfo says true.  The only issue is that my worker doesn't show up as mining on the website.  Any idea what would cause that?
Sweet!  Btw you will probably have to delete some of the records in Menu to make it a more accurate representation without orphans (you probably already read that).

The first thing to do is see if any work records are being created by the miner.  Do a select * from work in the SQL query analyzer?  Anything there?

Yep I read that!  Tonight I am going to go through that and remove some of those links that won't be used and double check my security settings, then bring the pool live for everyone.  It looks like I just needed to be patient, my worker finally showed up and is mining  Cool 

By the way, is there supposed to be any functionality under the admin section or has that not been implemented yet?  When I click on it I just get a message about old workers being paid out.

On the admin button, I had written some miscellaneous utilities over time but none of them made it to the keep list.  The only thing the admin button does right now is loop back over the last 24 hours and ensure every block paid into the pool was paid to users.  With the budget and proposals coming up the pool is changing again so if anything needs to be added over the next 14 days that I can find Ill add it in but for now, thats really all that is required.  The database maintenance is done outside of the pool - Ill give you the command asap.

is that normal?

is that normal?

is that normal?

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
is that normal?

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
is that normal?

Hello, how is it connected with religion? There's already Satan coin, are you rivals or partners?

Used to be partners a long time ago.  Then we cast out the creator of Satan Coin and now its only traded in hell  Grin
Cheesy

LOL
Hello, how is it connected with religion? There's already Satan coin, are you rivals or partners?

Used to be partners a long time ago.  Then we cast out the creator of Satan Coin and now its only traded in hell  Grin
Anyone have a guide on how to launch wallet and mine one the pool through command line ubuntu?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/

There is also a script that will do this for you:  https://gist.github.com/anonymous/d1c1d35e3c8f67f5fb2e204479fa5c6b
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Activity: 430
Merit: 250
Anyone have a guide on how to launch wallet and mine one the pool through command line ubuntu?
So I finally have my pool set up and am testing it.  I have my linux vm mining to it (I think).  The getmininginfo says true.  The only issue is that my worker doesn't show up as mining on the website.  Any idea what would cause that?
Sweet!  Btw you will probably have to delete some of the records in Menu to make it a more accurate representation without orphans (you probably already read that).

The first thing to do is see if any work records are being created by the miner.  Do a select * from work in the SQL query analyzer?  Anything there?

Yep I read that!  Tonight I am going to go through that and remove some of those links that won't be used and double check my security settings, then bring the pool live for everyone.  It looks like I just needed to be patient, my worker finally showed up and is mining  Cool 

By the way, is there supposed to be any functionality under the admin section or has that not been implemented yet?  When I click on it I just get a message about old workers being paid out.
is this normally for pool?  Huh   

Load:   156.25%

bible_pay its overload for hw or?
It could be a number of things really.  I see its back under control.  If it gets out of hand Ill start a 3rd pool to see if that helps. 
Looks like we already have a couple people very close to coming on line with a new pool however already.

Activity: 574
Merit: 104
Summary on our sanctuary testing so far:

We have about 8 people helping us in testnet testing the future sanctuaries.  Out of the 8, I think about 4 are very active.
Out of the 4 we only have a few sanctuaries actually running.

We could still use at least 2 more active testnet sanctuaries,

I'm just in the process of setting up a sanctuary now.  I hope that helps. :-)

I've been out of the biblepay loop for a little while but back again. If you can link to the post with the details on how to help test the sacntuaries, I'd be happy to run a few nodes if that would be helpful.

You can find all you need right here: http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=16.0 Smiley
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
Summary on our sanctuary testing so far:

We have about 8 people helping us in testnet testing the future sanctuaries.  Out of the 8, I think about 4 are very active.
Out of the 4 we only have a few sanctuaries actually running.

We could still use at least 2 more active testnet sanctuaries,

I'm just in the process of setting up a sanctuary now.  I hope that helps. :-)

I've been out of the biblepay loop for a little while but back again. If you can link to the post with the details on how to help test the sacntuaries, I'd be happy to run a few nodes if that would be helpful.
Activity: 574
Merit: 104

Faucet is live.

EDIT: Ill up the payout later once I see this is safe.

EDIT2:  I made the faucet available from the outside world also (accountability.biblepay.org) so people can paste in PR blogs.

I just tested the faucet using accountability.biblepay.org. For me it's working Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: