Pages:
Author

Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad - page 19. (Read 148404 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 257
November 30, 2018, 07:31:26 AM
In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

everyone has a view of each.
some say crypto is bad and some are good too.
if someone has good experience in crypto, then surely the person will say that crypto is good. then recommend it to others.
so far the view of crypto is still good. I do not know of the person who said the crypto was bad from where it came from. and surely that person has his own reasons.

I agree. Every person has his own opinion and is afforded the right to voice it out. However, if one is really a serious user or investor in the cryptocurrency market, then it would mean that whatever other people would say, and even after all the negative news swirling around it, you would find for yourself what's real and check all the things that would make investing in the cryptocurrency market a good or a bad one. I mean, every market has its pros and cons and finding the balance between those is the key to be successful. Although it's hard to prosper in the market these days, there's still a lot of potential for growth in the market.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
November 30, 2018, 07:02:25 AM
If bill gates think that cryotocurrency is bad that is your choice because it's up to the people if they going to invest or not. We have the right decide where invest our money that we think the can help to grow my money. But we still here even a lot of famous and rich people say negative about cryptocurrency.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
November 30, 2018, 06:58:44 AM
I think he has a point in making his own opinion in Cryptocurrency but for those people like some bounty hunter and investors it really helps us to make our life changing way in a different ways. As my own dream I just want to get a better amount earnings to support my regular earnings in my regular job and Crypto really gives me more extra income.
Activity: 574
November 30, 2018, 06:52:56 AM
Don't care about his opinion. You should make always your own analysis, so don't worry about it.
I am part of this forum, part of crypto community and I do believe that crypto is the most potential trend
Activity: 616
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
November 30, 2018, 06:51:51 AM
Bill can and will say anything about any subject that doesn't support his interest as a capitalist. So, we really should not care about his saying.
Activity: 294
Merit: 14
November 30, 2018, 06:44:47 AM
In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Cryptomarket representatives hoped that growth will be eternal and that they will be able to become bigger that world financial system. They were very wrong.
Activity: 420
November 30, 2018, 06:08:45 AM
I think its because Bill from old school guy.
I dont see any reason to say what cryptos is bad.
Yes they have security problems but its one of the aspects and not bad sides
copper member
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
November 30, 2018, 06:06:16 AM

There's much sense in what he said. Many government officials now loot funds through cryptocurrency and there's no way to investigate and get a hold of such persons.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
November 30, 2018, 05:12:56 AM
Many celebrities believe that cryptocurrencies are bad because they think cryptocurrencies are not managed, but this is a problem that can be solved. I think the future blockchain can bring cryptocurrencies to better regions instead of speculation!
Activity: 210
November 30, 2018, 05:10:18 AM
Very odd. It seems to me, Bill Gates used to support Bitcoin before, and he was FOR the cryptocurrency. Just a bit more than a year ago. I wish you could watch this curious video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6mOUh_NY8M
I, too, have long seen that he supported bitcoin and said that it is impossible to stop and even his Corporation Microsoft took bitcoins for it products Corporation. Very strange that he changed his mind. 
Activity: 320
November 30, 2018, 04:54:52 AM
Most of smart cryptocurrencier had already started to interract with governmetns. I think that it is good call, because it would help for cryto to develop.
Activity: 238
November 30, 2018, 04:43:11 AM

Regulated cryptocurrencies will not be very attrective. They will be pretty similar to shares and shares are affected by global crisises, while crypto can avoid them.
Activity: 139
The World’s First Blockchain Core
October 30, 2018, 07:57:15 PM
Surely he dont like cryptocurrencies. Because he can not see the future anymore. I feel that when windows cancel the start button in windows 8 and put some weird desktop screen. I understand that time bill gates lost his valuable ideas about future any windows. 
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
October 29, 2018, 05:15:29 AM
Very odd. It seems to me, Bill Gates used to support Bitcoin before, and he was FOR the cryptocurrency. Just a bit more than a year ago. I wish you could watch this curious video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6mOUh_NY8M
Activity: 210
W12 – Blockchain protocol
October 22, 2018, 10:17:10 AM

well, i've just looked through his replis to other questions, he sounds reasonable and look like he knows what he's talking about...but even such brain as Gate's can't predict what turn crypto will take
Activity: 420
October 22, 2018, 10:05:40 AM
Everyone has their own perspective and according to the bill gates perspective, cryptocurrency is bad. But as per the time, he will understand the importance of the cryptocurrency.
There will always be supporters and opponents of cryptocurrencies.It is important to understand that the industry is in its infancy and all the fluctuations that we see are inherent in all young markets . It will take a long time until crypto takes its place.
Activity: 449
swordking
October 20, 2018, 03:46:27 PM
Everyone has their own perspective and according to the bill gates perspective, cryptocurrency is bad. But as per the time, he will understand the importance of the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 350
Merit: 4
October 20, 2018, 03:43:08 PM

i think that he is not against that but actually i do not beljeve taht this man is against goos business and tits benefits
Activity: 124
Merit: 2
October 20, 2018, 03:32:59 PM
I think Bill Gates is just speculating.Because he knows well that his words as a successful person will be taken into consideration.
Activity: 448
October 20, 2018, 03:30:49 PM
a risk with technological advancements in the present, all that is possible for long-distance and fast transactions. crypto has a support system that can make it easier for everyone in payments and trades, it will have a bad impact if you use a bad person. crypto must have special security to block illegal trade, the government must immediately act for the future of crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: