Pages:
Author

Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad - page 25. (Read 148404 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 1
August 26, 2018, 07:20:48 AM
Most cryptocurrency is created through a process called "mining". Some developer teams "overtake" have a number of coins, which means they take a number of coins and automatically save them for the development team from the coin. This can be good if the price goes up because it can fund the team and ensure they have the resources to continue development and marketing, but it can also be a red flag. If a team needs 45% of all the coins, it's probably a quick get rich scheme for themselves and you have to avoid it. If 10% has been mined, it might be acceptable if the team uses it well. Some successful coins including pre-mining are Ripple, Cardano, Stellar and NEM. Many coins have succeeded without requiring pre-mining amounts.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD
August 26, 2018, 07:04:14 AM
The main argument of Gates was that the cryptocurrency is bad because many people use it for criminal purposes. It seems to me that he does not take into account all the positive aspects of the crypt.
Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
August 26, 2018, 05:21:23 AM
If we consider cryptocurrency as "legal" or better to say "anonymous" means of acquiring drugs, weapons, criminal influence, etc.....yeah, I totally agree with him.

Even the banknotes are anonymous and can be used to buy drugs and weapons.
Do we make those too illegal?
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
August 25, 2018, 11:28:18 PM
No, I believe that there is nothing wrong with cryptocurrency. cryptocurrency is our future.I don't see anything wrong with her.
Activity: 89
August 25, 2018, 01:17:16 PM
He in no way criticised the technology that makes up the backbone of cryptocurrency in his statement but pointed out the way humans may abuse the opportunities it creates.
Activity: 317
Merit: 100
August 25, 2018, 05:04:11 AM
Is there any link of billgates saying that cryptocurrency is bad? can you give us? but if he say that im going to use mac right now. Kidding i think all of the people have a different point of view and that's he's view let him
Activity: 276
August 24, 2018, 11:57:04 PM
Yes indeed this might happen because I see altcoins always approaching zero, but seeing fans very much. I think the cryptocurrancy currency will still be able to survive in the long run. At this time altcoin can do a very good future with their tokens and programming bases, like the case with cryptokitties it's really fun and interesting.
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
August 24, 2018, 11:25:46 PM
Many also seem to say so. But if I just be stoic. Not going to think about things like that. because in fact many also can succeed through the crypto. Everything will definitely always there who liked and also hate.
Activity: 68
August 24, 2018, 11:25:19 PM
Bill gates is entitled to his opinion. But you won't tell me that Bill gates has no single Bitcoin. Don't be deceived into believing everything influential people say.
Activity: 868
Merit: 116
August 24, 2018, 11:23:36 PM
Well one thing I believe is that everyone is subject to his or her opinion, I don't care who is giving the opinion, I only care about the basis in which the person has given such opinion. But I am yet to be convinced by what he said in that article, if he really say it.

If there are anything good that has happened on earth, then Cryptocurrency should be one of them.
Activity: 84
August 24, 2018, 11:13:08 PM
i'm a fan of that school of thought.
How do you expect conscientious investors to come and invest into a system that will contribute to several societal vices.
Most of these investors oversees huge charity contributions etc.

For the sake of humanity, KYC and other minor regulatory hurdles should be well embraced.

When such gets achieved, the outside world will take us more seriously and invest strongly in the system.
At that point; proceeds of fund already invested in the system will also start paying off.
Activity: 134
August 24, 2018, 05:46:02 PM
If we consider cryptocurrency as "legal" or better to say "anonymous" means of acquiring drugs, weapons, criminal influence, etc.....yeah, I totally agree with him.
Activity: 585
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
August 24, 2018, 10:07:05 AM
May be Bill Gates is the richest guy in the world, but for sure not the most intelligent: he often says a lot of bullshit, an this case is just one of them.
August 24, 2018, 09:59:27 AM
Some people are using the negative side of crypto currency alone to judge it they had forgot the positve impact of crypto. Some out side it are ready make research and get the real truth of it.so they caled it series of name
Activity: 140
August 24, 2018, 09:48:01 AM
Cryptocurrency truly has its bad sides but if you have researched beyond just the surface you will realise cryptocurrency coupled with the blockchain technology good sides surpasses the bad sides. Smiley
Activity: 131
August 24, 2018, 09:45:58 AM
Everyone has his or her rights to pass certain kind of judgments based on the person's perception of a particular thing, Crypto is still not very well understood by a certain elites, a lot call it bubble and the government seems to be indifferent about it also, the fact is that he has made his opinion and he is entitled to it while we keep making money
Activity: 51
August 24, 2018, 09:38:40 AM
Bill gates is already aged, conservative and loves "live money". He definitely has a right to his own opinion, although I would not have been so categorical.
Activity: 378
Merit: 109
August 20, 2018, 11:32:11 AM
That is his perspective and I value his choice since its for a decent motivation. I don't completely concur with his choice however. Digital forms of money when all is said in done have a borad utilization and namelessness isn't its main element. There are individuals who abuse it for wrong purposes and certain measures can/ought to be taken against it. In any case, there are a significant entire parcel of different things for which cryptographic forms of money can be utilized. I trust the positives are very more than the negatives.
Activity: 40
August 19, 2018, 06:13:50 AM
Bill Gates has a point however. The crypto world gives the hoodlums the chance to spread guiltiness without being followed. This is the drawback of cryptographic money. As a result of the opportunity individuals are given on making unknown exchanges, wrongdoings are likewise secretly done.
August 19, 2018, 12:13:34 AM
We should hear opinion of these people like Bill Gates and analysis, if it's correct then what is our solution to improve weakness and take action base on that.
Pages:
Jump to: