Pages:
Author

Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad - page 40. (Read 148439 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
June 19, 2018, 11:02:25 AM
 if he decides to ban crypto sites in new windows updates in future. FB already ban ICOs advertise. Wink
Activity: 294
Merit: 6
June 18, 2018, 07:17:33 AM
Bill gates says a lot of things, just because someone is a billionaire does not mean that they cannot be wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if someone like bill gates has some investment banker somewhere that is helping him put some of his money into cryptos because surely someone like bill gates knows that cryptocurrencies are the future currencies.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
June 18, 2018, 05:20:39 AM
If he thinks that the main feature of Bitcoin is anonymity than he doesn't understands Bitcoin. Also why does the crypto community have to care about what an old guy like him has to say as he clearly doesn't understands the technology and likely regrets not having any stake in the crypto markets.
Activity: 79
June 18, 2018, 05:11:11 AM
Every thing is life has its pros and cons. If they say crypto currency is bad because it is used by criminal, money laundry and for drugs they are not wrong in saying that for some use it for that purpose . Fiat currencies are used by some people for the same bad things
Activity: 168
June 17, 2018, 03:38:59 PM
Whether it is bad or not, i will still continue to invest as much as i can, because i see the value if my hardwork, being in altcoins for so many months i could say that i earn a living for investing and doing it, so ill keep going whatever happens
Activity: 126
June 17, 2018, 03:38:31 PM
And some extent he's right . but I don't fully agree . anonymously and in cash funds managed to buy , to clean , to terrorize, and so on . so this is all temporary and everything will be settled in the future .
Activity: 125
Merit: 10
June 17, 2018, 03:08:54 PM
Gates isn’t wrong, but in lieu of the collapse of organized government and a descent into a dystopian cyberpunk universe, it’s pretty hard to determine what impact crypto is actually having on the public’s safety. For what it’s worth, there are plenty of reasons to be somewhat skeptical about cryptocurrency that have nothing to do with money laundering or terrorism, like its Tulip mania-esque boom and bust cycle that increasingly hints at destabilizing the real economy.
Activity: 553
Merit: 11
June 17, 2018, 11:57:05 AM
Hmm, I think everybody is free to say his opinion about crypto, even Donald Trump .. Its okay. It's just us as users, we feel the impact whether it's good or bad. So it's up to the users. Will stay on or stop. But so far I have not found anything bad happen to me and I will stick with crypto.
Activity: 756
Merit: 257
Freshdice.com
June 17, 2018, 11:35:19 AM
In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

I believe bill gates is not the only one who says bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are bad. There are a lot of billionaires and millionaires who says bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are bad because they think it doesn't have any good effects in the economy.
Activity: 109
June 17, 2018, 11:22:59 AM
When Bill Gates started the creation of Microsoft, many people thought that the Internet was bad, but Bill Gates succeeded,now no one thinks that the Internet industry is bad. So it is still too early to conclude for cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1016
Merit: 502
June 17, 2018, 11:19:26 AM
Who cares what he has to say about cryptocurrency? He has already earned his billions, the only thing that he can feel for cryptocurrencies is envy, because he did not come up with this technology.
Activity: 28
June 17, 2018, 11:01:43 AM
indeed this may happen because I see the altcoin is always close to zero, but seeing my fans think the crypto currency will still be able to survive in the long run.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 10
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
June 17, 2018, 07:30:28 AM
It's ok. Cause everyone has his/her own point of view. If he thinks it's not ok then it's also ok. His comment doesn't make it bad or something. And in my opinion, he has a right point of view cause its right that crypto is used for drugs and illegal market. But every coin has 2 sides. He only can see the bad side. There is a lot of good things which comes with crypto.So don't take it serious whatever he says.BTW he likes the blockchain technology.

P.S.-I think he is giving us some FUD. Cause he wants to full his pocket with cheap price.LOL.(JUST a JOKE)
Activity: 40
June 17, 2018, 06:44:25 AM
He has spoken in favor also sometimes. I do not think that he has done much research about this as he already has a lot of work to handle.
Activity: 308
Merit: 21
June 17, 2018, 06:33:02 AM
In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Just like all other technologies, cryptocurrency has also both good and bad sides. Fentanyl and other drugs can also be bought using fiat currency. Take the example of guns, for instance, they can also be used to shoot innocent people but does that mean we stop keeping guns for our safety?
The anonymous feature is also a big advantage to carry out transactions in areas where crime rate is high.
Activity: 140
June 17, 2018, 06:24:06 AM
That is his point of view and I appreciate his decision because its for a good cause. I don't fully agree with his decision though. Cryptocurrencies in general have a borad usage and anonymity is not the only feature of it. There are people who misuse it for wrong purposes and certain measures can/should be taken against it. But there are quite a whole lot of other things for which cryptocurrencies can be used. I believe the positives are quite more than the negatives.
I think it is a public figure. Such a speech is just more suitable for him. But its discourse does not affect the cryptocurrency market. The cryptocurrency market needs more understanding. I think that many people do not understand cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
June 17, 2018, 06:21:11 AM

I'm sure that every head has their own mind and opinion. I myself honor what he said. but, I myself also believe that crypto has very good benefits for me, especially. And I know also that many people in the wrold also get the benefits of crypto. We should receive whatever the crypto done wisely and if it still gives us benefits, why not?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
June 17, 2018, 06:12:14 AM
Everyone has the right to own opinion. There are quite a number of celebrities who also spoke against the crypto currencies. But it does not bother me personally, and it does not affect my opinion on the crypto currency.  Smiley
Activity: 31
June 17, 2018, 06:09:42 AM
Bill gates comments about crypto currency is his own opinion, everybody has his or her own opinion, So Bill gates saying cryptos is bad doesn't make it to be bad, after all they have partnered with some blockchain project.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
June 17, 2018, 06:07:54 AM
Every thing is life has its pros and cons. If they say crypto currency is bad because it is used by criminal, money laundry and for drugs they are not wrong in saying that for some use it for that purpose . Fiat currencies are used by some people for the same bad things

the reason why they say cryptos are bad , is because they are an anti cypto. these people dont have any experience using a crypto , that is why they are making a false accuse in order to take the cryptos down but i dont think that can possibly happen because most of the population are now using a crypto.

Re: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad

if that is his view about cryptos then lets us just be happy for him. we bitcoin users wont still get affected for it. even if he is an influencial person he cant still posibly stop us from using a crypto.
Pages:
Jump to: