Pages:
Author

Topic: Bill gates says cryptocurrency is bad - page 43. (Read 148439 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 100
June 11, 2018, 01:25:48 AM
Heavy artillery has come to fruition, his opinion is interesting a year ago, when he was not alone, he most likely placed big money here. And now it's clear that I already managed to deduce and begin to argue as everything is bad, when everything will come back to growth, let's see how he will change his attitude.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
June 11, 2018, 01:20:56 AM
He is sure very correct with his statement about government. The only advantage cryptocurrency is having is the mechanism behind it. , the drivers of cryptocurrency is string the use case is becoming overwhelming. Block chain technology is needed to solve a lot of problems.
Activity: 342
Merit: 4
LUCRETOKEN.COM
June 11, 2018, 01:00:33 AM
He is not wrong at all, crypto are independent and unable to controlled but let see the positive things about it because if we always look at the negative sides then its not fair at all.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
June 11, 2018, 12:55:46 AM
In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

He answers about cryptocurrency stating
“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Everyone has his opinion about crytpo currencies so we should respect them. Many well-known people believe in the capabilities of Crypto currencies in the future so do not worry and keep us started. In the new world of crypto you also need to find out about your entry into the invesment and advanatage / disavantage.

#Support Vanig

Yes, I respect his point of view. However, it seems to me, he does not trust the cryptocurrencies only because he managed to make his capital using some other ways. Now, he simply cares about the other things.
Activity: 140
June 09, 2018, 04:18:35 AM
In his own reddit AskMeEverything page, https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/80ow6w/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/

“The main feature of crypto currencies is their anonymity. I don't think this is a good thing. The Government’s ability to find money laundering and tax evasion and terrorist funding is a good thing. Right now crypto currencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and crypto currencies is super risky for those who go long.”

He isn't wrong in his sense, if the cryptocurrency is to have a future, they should be able to create an environment of trust between themselves and the authorities.

Bill gates said so because he literally did not need the cryptocurrencies. I mean, why would he interested in here, when he already got what it needs for his own business. When you are one of the richest person in the world, trust me.. it almost likely you can say whatever you have in your mind and yet there are many people will still  believe in you. When you're poor?? man, dont even think..
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
June 09, 2018, 04:09:27 AM
I think Bill Gates justified. However, his speeches can only prove or explain his position. However, things have two sides. As a public thinks of course it is necessary to stand in the so-called light again. This is normal.
Activity: 123
June 08, 2018, 05:27:13 PM
Bill gates opinion is his personal one and it doesn't have any substantial thing to justify he is right or wrong. A person's view cannot be considered that much serious since his understanding of cryptocurrency market may be less or he may be jealous of block chain technology since it made Microsoft and their future to outdated.
Activity: 101
June 08, 2018, 05:26:38 PM
More than sure that soon there will be no anonymity in the crypto currency.It is too high uncontrolled and anonymous area.This approach is not acceptable to very different countries
If Microsoft purchases GitHub, they will be looking into Bitcoin and other electronic tech as well. I wouldn't worry so much since Bitcoin is open source.
Activity: 139
June 08, 2018, 05:21:39 PM
Bill gate says, “Right now cryptocurrencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way.”
 I think that's why you said that Bill Gates says cryptocurrency is bad.. Anyway, we have to consider his opinion.. Other may refer to their experiences..
For me, cryptocurrency is very useful..  I dont mind what's their opinion about it..
Activity: 980
Merit: 252
June 08, 2018, 05:20:11 PM
More than sure that soon there will be no anonymity in the crypto currency.It is too high uncontrolled and anonymous area.This approach is not acceptable to very different countries
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
June 08, 2018, 05:14:45 PM

Everyone has their own opinion on this matter. I for example, like many on the contrary think that cryptocurrency is good that they are the future. Everyone thinks as he wants.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
June 08, 2018, 05:00:33 PM
Billgates says Bill Gates had previously spoken enthusiastically about Bitcoin
Crypto-currencies are killing people in a "fairly direct way", Microsoft founder Bill Gates has said.

He was referring to the way digital currencies like Bitcoin are used to buy drugs like synthetic opioid fentanyl.

In an "ask me anything" session on news website Reddit, he said that the anonymity of digital currencies meant they were linked to terrorist funding and money laundering.

Some criticised him, saying he was ill-informed about the technology.

We all have different kinds of our opinion, but based on Bill Gates says he has a point but on the other side he is wrong. Because it is not always negative in bitcoin.
Activity: 168
June 08, 2018, 04:19:02 PM
Bill Gates may be right in some ways, but most of us are cryptocurrency-conscious because they can make a profit. And for me this is the most important fact, I can make a profit without breaking the law. Therefore, I believe that the cryptocurrency is good for me and others.
Activity: 420
June 08, 2018, 04:00:41 PM
Well, a lot of people who express very negatively about the crypto currency and in ico as a whole! but I think many are mistaken
Activity: 178
June 08, 2018, 03:59:10 PM
Bill Gates is wrong. Money laundering, drug dealing and tax evasion existed long before cryptocurrencies and I doubt that even now that Crypto even has a 1% market share of those activities. Right now the main use of cryptocurrency is in making it easy for people to crowdfund new businesses and that is a very good thing.
Activity: 252
June 08, 2018, 03:55:23 PM
Well, I really don't know wat Bill Gate thinks of, but he's entitled to his own opinion, which I respect that. But, I really do not agree with the fact that cryptocurrency is bad. I can't speak of what is giving me profit as bad. That has been my source of livelihood at the moment.
Activity: 149
June 08, 2018, 11:19:44 AM

Will personally the way I understand your thought on his statement is you have it all in a negative impression., He did not mean to say that the entire platform is bad he just state his idea on a certain point on the Anonymity part where it could be use negatively because we cant trace the transaction. But he actually did not state he is against bitcoin or cryptocurrency. In some of his interviews about cryptocurrency he even stated the fact of how it has help increase the economy world wide and that it has great potential.
Activity: 84
June 08, 2018, 11:08:04 AM
Every thing is life has its pros and cons. If they say crypto currency is bad because it is used by criminal, money laundry and for drugs they are not wrong in saying that for some use it for that purpose . Fiat currencies are used by some people for the same bad things
Activity: 476
June 07, 2018, 11:38:27 PM
As we know, that crypto has no guarantees from government agencies. So no one can be used as a guide and evidence that crypto is a good technology. Nor are we entitled to silence their mouths to express their opinions about crypto. Maybe some people do use crypto to transact illicit goods. But the majority of the crypto community here uses crypto to dig up as much as possible by following some of the programs in the crypto. So for those who do not know much about crypto and only hear one opinion saying that crypto is bad, then forever they will think crypto is bad and do not give chances to crypto show the positive side to the brand, because they also have closed eyes and their ears to know crypto further.
Activity: 322
Merit: 15
June 07, 2018, 11:28:30 PM
I don't think Cryptocurrency is bad. The fiat money is also a witness to fund many terrorists and sell drugs. Tax evasion is true.

I think he just said those statements because he wanted to buy some bitcoins at a very small price and let the market grow again.
Pages:
Jump to: