Pages:
Author

Topic: Binance is Becoming a Crypto Monopoly - page 2. (Read 2098 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
As most conversations shift towards Binance's CMC acquistion, few heeded the warning or signs of monopolistic tendencies.

This is even more concerning now due to mounting pressure by the CCP on blockchain and businesses and the tension flare-up between the U.S. and China. I wonder how this will spill over into cryptocurrencies and the behaviors/tendencies of Chinese-centered exchanges.
Binance is having the money to purchase every company and they are diversifying in their investment but i do not see this as a war between US and China but the way in which CZ wants to dominate the other exchanges with this acquisition.

agree, it is not just Binance, it is a complete dominance of China in crypto regarding mining pools, hash rate and similar, and most of those companies, if not all, are dependent on China state, do not think that any of them would do something different from the politics that are designated from the China state, so it is kind a threat to the crypto community
Here is a fact that anyone can start a mining pool, all you need is to invest money, develop a good hardware that could challenge the Chinese hardware and then you can build a competition, if no one is willing to compete then who is to complain. The Chinese investors are more than happy to invest in mining farms and so is the reason the big farms are located in China, anyone is free to start their own elsewhere and why it is not happening is a food for thought Tongue.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
First, this is a proof that Mankind will always be greedy whenever he is control. he will try to dominate as long as he tasted power. binance wield such powers that whatever projects they laid their hands on may survive whether it is a dead project or Not. Recently, they decided to stop withdrawal for some fiat currency with claims that they can not handle withdrawal yet deposits were open for people.
i think it is because the owner has such power that determine the market and projects.  such has led to what we are experiencing.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 21
COMBONetworkio
It could be a serious problem in the future because now they bought also the coinmarketcap website which should provide independent informations about cryptocurrencies. So if they own everything - exchange, medias, stable coins, crypto, then they will completely control the market.
like a conspiracy theory, to be honest I prefer coinmarketcap held by CZ, because of course the volume that is informed there is the original volume, I like it, and we should support it, dont make conspiracy theory  Roll Eyes
Activity: 966
Merit: 254
It could be a serious problem in the future because now they bought also the coinmarketcap website which should provide independent informations about cryptocurrencies. So if they own everything - exchange, medias, stable coins, crypto, then they will completely control the market.
Activity: 165
Merit: 1
Very correct..., with the rate CZ is going unchecked by anyone, he is actually turning this crypto space into his personal playground. Man is literally buying up everything and investing in several countries by opening up crypto exchanges and trading promotions. Not that it is illegal but he is truly turning the industry into a monopoly with him being the head of it all. I love the fact that he is a an innovative and ambitious man. He has to leave share for others too though...
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
As most conversations shift towards Binance's CMC acquistion, few heeded the warning or signs of monopolistic tendencies.

This is even more concerning now due to mounting pressure by the CCP on blockchain and businesses and the tension flare-up between the U.S. and China. I wonder how this will spill over into cryptocurrencies and the behaviors/tendencies of Chinese-centered exchanges.

Despite this, CZ still claims that Binance is run "without an HQ" while in practice they may be the case, in principal Binance has been increasingly responding to China's movements.

agree, it is not just Binance, it is a complete dominance of China in crypto regarding mining pools, hash rate and similar, and most of those companies, if not all, are dependent on China state, do not think that any of them would do something different from the politics that are designated from the China state, so it is kind a threat to the crypto community
will see how this is going to play out in the near future
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge

Despite this, CZ still claims that Binance is run "without an HQ" while in practice they may be the case, in principal Binance has been increasingly responding to China's movements.
Activity: 980
Merit: 260
April 03, 2020, 01:28:31 PM
Though Binance is one of the biggest crypto exchanges based on daily trading volume, has revealedthat it will be the chief sponsor of the Blockchain Africa 2020 Conference as it strives to stamp its authority in the continent. Their is also tendency that during the conference, it will announce its expansion plans in African nations, such as South Africa, as well as its initiatives and projects under the arm of the Binance Charity Foundation

Even though Binance is dedicated to increasing the freedom of money and the advancement of blockchain technology. The African continent is a major part of this mission – where millions are unbanked but remain innovative in their use of technology.

With this Binance is becoming Monopoly is inconclusive

Binance is becoming a crypto monopoly because of its strategies, people and ongoing success. In the end, it is every business owner/s dreams to become obsolete in their industry. However, this is as a result of the rest of the exchanges not taking as many risks or implementing what it takes to be the next competitor. In the end, this outcome is only natural.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 101
April 03, 2020, 10:23:02 AM
After everything I will trust Binance until I realized the problem. In my point  if Binance get success by monopolize than everything can control Binance coin. By wishes any project can success, cryptocurrency is for not to do that, after stock crisis 10 years ago, cryptocurrency is trying make independent everything.
Binance is very huge empire. From exchanges and firm that they acquired it surely proves how strong they are. I am not saying this will ruin the crypto market and point of view of other people, but this is a good start that Binance extending their wide range of businesses. Coinmarketcap is one of the best analysis tool and portfolio tracker, I am looking forward on how Binance can improve it perfectly.

I don't see any problem of Binance becoming a Monopoly in crypto space! All of their plans impressed me. Binance is trying every way to make crypto acceptable to the rest of the world! They are not just sitting by making an exchange, rather they are extending their range gradually and community supporting them too! In 2019, Binance had lots of new wings, and this year Binance acquiring more! I am waiting to see many more achievement in Binance platform!
You're right, that doesn't matter about a crypto market monopoly. when a platform has major updates that can be accepted by the market why not. many platforms and large companies in the real world do control a trade in their field.
Activity: 812
Merit: 114
April 03, 2020, 10:16:53 AM
After everything I will trust Binance until I realized the problem. In my point  if Binance get success by monopolize than everything can control Binance coin. By wishes any project can success, cryptocurrency is for not to do that, after stock crisis 10 years ago, cryptocurrency is trying make independent everything.
Binance is very huge empire. From exchanges and firm that they acquired it surely proves how strong they are. I am not saying this will ruin the crypto market and point of view of other people, but this is a good start that Binance extending their wide range of businesses. Coinmarketcap is one of the best analysis tool and portfolio tracker, I am looking forward on how Binance can improve it perfectly.

I don't see any problem of Binance becoming a Monopoly in crypto space! All of their plans impressed me. Binance is trying every way to make crypto acceptable to the rest of the world! They are not just sitting by making an exchange, rather they are extending their range gradually and community supporting them too! In 2019, Binance had lots of new wings, and this year Binance acquiring more! I am waiting to see many more achievement in Binance platform!
Activity: 252
April 03, 2020, 10:07:10 AM
Though Binance is one of the biggest crypto exchanges based on daily trading volume, has revealedthat it will be the chief sponsor of the Blockchain Africa 2020 Conference as it strives to stamp its authority in the continent. Their is also tendency that during the conference, it will announce its expansion plans in African nations, such as South Africa, as well as its initiatives and projects under the arm of the Binance Charity Foundation

Even though Binance is dedicated to increasing the freedom of money and the advancement of blockchain technology. The African continent is a major part of this mission – where millions are unbanked but remain innovative in their use of technology.

With this Binance is becoming Monopoly is inconclusive
Activity: 109
April 03, 2020, 03:03:15 AM
Agree. Binance and Coinbase are the main poing of centralzation in crypto space
Activity: 840
Merit: 10
April 03, 2020, 02:23:30 AM

It's amazing what Binance has done since it began operating. Only in less than 3 years, Binance became one of the exchangers with the largest transaction value and also began to open branches in various countries. The innovations that continue to be made by Binance make this exchanger have a good reputation and I think this innovation will continue to be made
Activity: 527
Merit: 113
April 03, 2020, 12:46:02 AM
Activity: 1526
Merit: 111
Pepemo.vip
April 02, 2020, 11:15:16 PM
Surprise! Surprise!!
You have predicted this years ago and now it has turned into true? Yes, true that Binance is trying to acquire as much space as possible in crypto space and they already have that position. It has both advantages and disadvantage. Bad side has been mentioned by you while CMC will have a better look with Binance is an advantage for us.

as long as service to customers is maintained or even improved, it is not difficult for binance to achieve the highest position in the crypto world. this is good, to turn off exchange that is less credible, so that as bitcoiners we feel safer due to fraud

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
April 02, 2020, 10:15:07 PM
This is a very valid point for the long term. It's like capturing the whole crypto market and controling it. I also think it's dangerous z for now it might be helpful but lateron its dangerous. At the end of the day I hope we will have the freedom we thought we will have. Let's keep watching.
It caused by this is a potential market that still has a lot of room to grow. As far as i know, if binance has a lot of resources to do that. In my opinion, the current step that has already taken by binance to acquire the CMC is also a big move to spread the binance service widely. Binance is wanna trying to monopoly crypto.
Binance wants to become stronger in the crypto market and the acquisition of CMC has proven they have the financial resources to build a better exchange in the near future.

I think all information and data will now be managed by Binance. I just hope they can get rid of these scam coins out of this market because these are the only coins that make investors feel more risky.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
April 02, 2020, 09:05:58 PM
Surprise! Surprise!!
You have predicted this years ago and now it has turned into true? Yes, true that Binance is trying to acquire as much space as possible in crypto space and they already have that position. It has both advantages and disadvantage. Bad side has been mentioned by you while CMC will have a better look with Binance is an advantage for us.
Activity: 646
Merit: 102
http://Moonbet.io
April 02, 2020, 08:44:20 PM
It's quite dangerous for a centralized exchange to monopolize crypto, from owning bandges to bullets; they want everything to come in contact with their ecosystem before crypto's actually see true success. But, Binance's recent movements is having the inverse effect, they are becoming a truly a dangerous threat to crypto entirely, this is in my opinion and sentiments.

Imagine Binance dictating which cryptos see success and which others fail, that's the direction we're headed in, or how they want us to perceive what Binance actually means. They've done a lot of good for crypto as a whole since they were founded, but CZ is trying to expand and monopolize everything, for: power, money and what's probably most important to him, his fame.

I suggest the community start being critical about these power-house exchanges, especially Bianance since they are the largest by a mile (discounting all fake-exchanges). IEOs are a small indicator towards the centralization of power, giving the big guys the authority to dictate which coins you should be investing in. Crypto was not founded by someone telling you which coins you should invest or not invest in, it's always been a cycle of growth and maturing.

There are ultimately many repercussions that will be seen, for what's occurring right now. They will not been seen in the short-term, but will have lasting implications for crypto as a whole.

Binance is beginning to look a lot like MT. Gox, but for a whole new era.

The BitcoinSV Dilemma: For more detailed explanation https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50745817
Binance Hacked, Power plays: CZ Believes he can dictate the Bitcoin miners and blockchain, due to Binance's team incompetence. https://www.coindesk.com/binance-may-consider-bitcoin-rollback-following-40-million-hack

The Steemit Takeover by Justin: https://www.coindesk.com/trons-takeover-of-steemit-is-internet-history-repeating-itself
More about Steemit: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53952652
Binance's Acquisition of CMC: Binance Continues to make headway towards total crypto dominance: https://blog.coinmarketcap.com/2020/04/02/a-letter-to-our-users-post-acquisition/

This is very bad for Binance to becoming a monopolistic.  Binance just want to acquire and dominate. Binance just want to acquire the largest shares of company. Well I love the fact that the CEO is being ambitious. But is his ambition healthy and safe for the cryptocurrency space? Well I never supported his move for acquiring Coin Market. If that is true.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
April 02, 2020, 08:28:32 PM
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
April 02, 2020, 07:44:12 PM
As an alternative to coinmarketcap you could check out https://coinpaper.io - The site convinces with one-liners for each cryptocurrency and sophisticated analysis tools, including a rating for each top 100 coin.

Bitcoin = https://coinpaper.io/coin/btc-bitcoin
Ethereum = https://coinpaper.io/coin/eth-ethereum
Pages:
Jump to: