Pages:
Author

Topic: Binance is Becoming a Crypto Monopoly - page 7. (Read 2098 times)

Activity: 555
Merit: 12
I saw a post way back whereby CZ indirectly advised the crypto community to keep funds in Binance, stating its safe on twitter. For me it's best to store crypto assets on personal wallets.  In my opinion, Decentralized exchanges and hybrid exchanges will win in the long run, is just that most decentralized exchanges right now do not have what it takes to compete. Well, the progress with developments on Binance like Binance chain and DEX is a plus, still impressive.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 298
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
https://www.coindesk.com/binance-may-consider-bitcoin-rollback-following-40-million-hack

CZ contemplates if he wants to/or can dictate Bitcoin miners
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089
I heard a rumor that Binance is going to launch a stable coin, did you too?
I like CZ's way of doing things in crypto. Holding here Bnb for long.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Too much power in could be dangerous as it is a small market but Binance is doing
great and innovative things and dominating among the exchanges in a fair competition.
Other exchanges should follow Binance path and start doing innovative things not
just collecting the fees.
Activity: 546
Merit: 10
This is being spoken about very actively lately, probably it really is and we don’t really need monopolists today, because today cryptocurrency should be decentralized and I hope that they will maintain this status.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Binance today is indeed a cryptocurrency monopoly, the rest of the stock exchanges today for some reason are not so popular, probably because today there are big demands on ordinary traders.
I don't think so, because some exchanges are still have good volume and I'm pretty sure most of the users of Binance also have their accounts in other exchanges. Monopoly means only one in the market, which is not in the case of binance. I understand their aggressiveness but I think binance are still far from controlling the cryptomarket.
The fact is that there are a lot of questions to binance, especially after their administration members make certain statements.  First of all, I want to note the fact that it was precisely the excitement in the information space that gave binance such an impetus to success.  Note that such situations do not happen by chance.  In addition, a statement to a member of the administration of binance.com that they can confiscate user funds or block an account at any time is alarming and contradicts all the rules of decentralization.  Of course, this applies only to offenders, but nevertheless, this situation already speaks volumes.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
Binance today is indeed a cryptocurrency monopoly, the rest of the stock exchanges today for some reason are not so popular, probably because today there are big demands on ordinary traders.
I don't think so, because some exchanges are still have good volume and I'm pretty sure most of the users of Binance also have their accounts in other exchanges. Monopoly means only one in the market, which is not in the case of binance. I understand their aggressiveness but I think binance are still far from controlling the cryptomarket.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
The problem is that, in the future, you will not even have to be listed on Binance to be dependent of Binance. If you used Binance Launchpad to raise funds for example, it means that most of your token supply will be located in Binance wallets. If you create a token on Binance Chain, your token entirely depends of Binance. If you have a dApp based on Binance Chain, your dApp activity depends of Binance. So at the end, being listed on other exchanges doesn't even matter anymore, because you will be dependent of Binance, even if you are listed on other exchanges.
Of course they are trying to monopolize the crypto market but I think that they have been of great importance to the crypto users for long and compared to other exchanges, many out there prefer to use Binance as an exchange for trading crypto. It is already having the maximum consumer base in the market besides Coinbase and in the next decade or so, it would be a monopoly but not a pure one.
Activity: 714
It's quite dangerous for a centralized exchange to monopolize crypto, from owning bandges to bullets; they want everything to come in contact with their ecosystem before crypto's actually see true success. But, Binance's recent movements is having the inverse effect, they are becoming a truly a dangerous threat to crypto entirely, this is in my opinion and sentiments.

Imagine Binance dictating which cryptos see success and which others fail, that's the direction we're headed in, or how they want us to perceive what Binance actually means. They've done a lot of good for crypto as a whole since they were founded, but CZ is trying to expand and monopolize everything, for: power, money and what's probably most important to him, his fame.

I suggest the community start being critical about these power-house exchanges, especially Bianance since they are the largest by a mile (discounting all fake-exchanges). IEOs are a small indicator towards the centralization of power, giving the big guys the authority to dictate which coins you should be investing in. Crypto was not founded by someone telling you which coins you should invest or not invest in, it's always been a cycle of growth and maturing.

There are ultimately many repercussions that will be seen, for what's occurring right now. They will not been seen in the short-term, but will have lasting implications for crypto as a whole.

Binance is beginning to look a lot like MT. Gox, but for a whole new era.

Edit: For more detailed explanation https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.50745817

When Binance CEO threatened to Delist BSV after the erratic claim of Craig Wright as Satoshi which he carried out and influenced other exchanges like Kraken to delist too is a clear indication that there is a sinister plan or move to monopolise cryptocurrency. The will not be good for the crypto community and should be rejected
Activity: 685
Merit: 14
For long term such emergence of few exchanges are really not good in my point of view. Just think if anything happens to binance like Mt. Gox exchange. If there any big hacking attack on binance we cannot stop the market fall.
We must wisely think and split the fund from the exchange and take that fund different investment.

I was tried to their telegram, for 1 hour more than 5k messages are falling like something. Such a big community but we people need to think whether that is worthy or not.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
Activity: 588
I disagree because it is not only binary that is currently holding the IEO, so I feel that worry is excessive.
Lol...but do you know that Binance was a main starter of IEOs and you should understand the OP in the sense that, Binance has over 500K to about 1M+ active real users and so they can consciously or subconsciously influence your choice as a crypto man if only you're there.

In as much as I agree with your submission , I also think that it's other Cryptocurrency exchanges that are giving binance the stage to be acting out it's monopolistic tendencies.
That's it..they say in the land of the blind, a one-eyed man is the king. If other exchanges aren't ready ti put something challenging and competitive, Binance will reign for more time and exhibit "unnecessary" monopoly indeed.

Anyway i believe CZ is playing some "catch me if you can" tricks with both crypto community and regulators and it's risky as OP said. We all however should be vigilante and be careful... CZ is a businessman and he's doing his business in anyway he can. We as customers however have to be very careful

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
April 30, 2019, 04:19:19 PM
There are tons of exchanges to choose from and there are upcoming new ones being developed. I really dont think that Binance would be still a power-house in the coming years. Times are changing fast in crypto and i really do think there are exchanges that want to rival Binance.

Also there are other tokens/coins not listed in Binance but its already being traded in other big exchanges.
The question is, what does those upcoming exchanges have to offer, you need to look back and see where Binance has been coming from, Binance was barely launched like 2 years agar and it has achieved this far with few of their ideas that they have executed, remember that they met so many great exchanges on ground before they acne to top them all.

If they continue to come up with the strategies they have been coming up with, which I believe that the teams are too hard working to run or of idea, they will continue to be top of them all, How many exchange have come out after Binance and yet they have not gotten any volume?
Although, we have a lot of new exchange site which have nothing to give to the crypto market or sphere but  we must not underestimate some new exchange site either because some are totally different and know what they are doing.
Concern Binance, the one reason why binance was successful exchange was because they cooked an outstanding strategy to gain the Asian market right before the last ATH.
Activity: 826
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 30, 2019, 03:59:05 PM
Yes I also think that binance will be the monopoly for this whole market. At this moment binance is one of the greatest exchange in this ecosystem. But the problem is it is run by centralised force. So for a centralised exchange it is good to be one man army but it's not that much good for the whole ecosystem. Whatever binance do is a trending or most of the exchange follow that. Most of the time they took great dicision for this crypto word but what if they took one small bad dicision and most of the medium or small exchange follow that. I know that binance is one of the trusted exchange that's why this whole thing is going. But at this moment they are good and the team is working hard to make it perfect.
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
April 30, 2019, 03:38:46 PM
There are tons of exchanges to choose from and there are upcoming new ones being developed. I really dont think that Binance would be still a power-house in the coming years. Times are changing fast in crypto and i really do think there are exchanges that want to rival Binance.

Also there are other tokens/coins not listed in Binance but its already being traded in other big exchanges.
The question is, what does those upcoming exchanges have to offer, you need to look back and see where Binance has been coming from, Binance was barely launched like 2 years agar and it has achieved this far with few of their ideas that they have executed, remember that they met so many great exchanges on ground before they acne to top them all.

If they continue to come up with the strategies they have been coming up with, which I believe that the teams are too hard working to run or of idea, they will continue to be top of them all, How many exchange have come out after Binance and yet they have not gotten any volume?
Activity: 952
Merit: 5
April 29, 2019, 03:22:50 PM
I am not sure it will happen, but I am just surprised about the difficult rules of buying coins during the iEO period at binance. When there are many projects that are difficult to find investors, they sell IEO coins randomly like lottrey.
Every project wants to be listed on Binance. Theteam of this platform very genious, on such bearish market the show xxxxxx. Respect
Activity: 479
Enter the future of gaming
April 29, 2019, 02:49:17 PM

there are no complaints against the Binans exchange, they agree to take the initiative, set the tone for the whole world of crypto, I consider it a good sign, the other exchanges will have to compete fiercely, and competition will produce the best product, thus the world of crypto will develop, only for the better.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 29, 2019, 02:38:10 PM
Well they have set a standard for all exchanges and until other exchanges begin to think outside the box,I fear the monopoly will span out for a very long time

You have the best comment among all. Without criticizing, without exaggeration. They set some standard cause they did a lot in very
short time. They are maintaining that high level with their activity.
   They already have a big share of the market. I doubt they will have entire market under Binance logo, many other exchanges are good
too, or to say great. In this big world there is a place for all of exchanges, we need even more.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
April 29, 2019, 02:36:45 PM
Binance is very big, and wants to have a monopoly. I don't blame them for that. It is up to us to accept it or to fight it. We are the most important thing: users. They are nothing without us. Even Binance!!
It is obvious that without customers none of the businesses will run. Binance should accept the reality about the decentralization and they should finish their job on the new DEX.
Pages:
Jump to: