Pages:
Author

Topic: BipCoin - CryptoNote, profitable to mine [same chain, new dev 2017] - page 9. (Read 32766 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
One simple suggestion if you are trying to improve things, put in a ticket/request to have coinmarketcap update the link to the current announcement.
It would be alot nicer to have that announcement link point to this thread directly.
Activity: 80
To give real service, you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1387
Ukrainians will resist
But why buy a deadcoin? I have seen no evidence of development. No development, no future.

I am working on WebApp development so that sites can use the coin and SamuelPickwick is working on changes to the coin to make the hash rate and difficulty more stable. More announcements will be coming soon, this is a good time to buy.
Thank you! I believe in you. Do you plan to renew the gui-wallet?
Activity: 56
But why buy a deadcoin? I have seen no evidence of development. No development, no future.

I am working on WebApp development so that sites can use the coin and SamuelPickwick is working on changes to the coin to make the hash rate and difficulty more stable. More announcements will be coming soon, this is a good time to buy.
Indeed, I used to mine it when is wasn't that profitable, but now you aren't even going to cover electric costs with the current difficulty and price. Even if you don't intend to sell, mining it now is like throwing away money.

This is a good time to buy BipCoin on the exchange rather than mine it.
Indeed, I used to mine it when is wasn't that profitable, but now you aren't even going to cover electric costs with the current difficulty and price. Even if you don't intend to sell, mining it now is like throwing away money.
Activity: 445
Merit: 100
op is right. coin with low hashrate should have low difficulty but still it's high. I mean 10 coins for 1kh is ridiculous low.
legendary
Ukrainians will resist
Pool http://bip.ms-pool.net.ua/ updated Forknote 2.1.1 is released.

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
On cryptopia the wallet is closed!

The BipCoin wallet on Cryptopia is fine; this coin and BitCoal had a "no connection" status, but this has been resolved at Cryptopia.
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
This coin was killed by high difficulty which was never fixed. Just look at the blockchain.

You can't rely on charity mining to keep a coin alive.

Why is it that difficulty never adjusted? With 5 blocks a day or on average for weeks it should be down too almost zero, yet it's sky high.

This seems to go beyond the small coin hash attack suffered by many small coins (mostly cryptonote due to cpu mining).

A real shame as I was a fan from the start. I can no longer find even a single cpu coin worth mining any more.
Activity: 20
Activity: 35
Some things that can help the coin are:

- Running a node

- Mining

- Explaining the benefits of BIP (no ICO, no premine, no instamine) to other crypto enthusiasts on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook etc.

But if the current developer has indeed given up on the coin then the number one issue would be finding a new dev (or preferably more than one). Those of us who cannot code can help by spreading the word about BIP and donating to a development pool (if new devs are found).
Activity: 1
What can be done to help this coin?

I've been trying to mine some but the recommended pool (http://democats.org/pool/?name=bipcoin) seems to be dead.

So I've switched to http://bip.ms-pool.net.ua but there are only a few miners and few blocks found.

Is there a bigger pool?
Activity: 35
There have been a few trades during the last couple of days on Cryptopia, so the market is not completely dead. But certainly BipCoin needs development, marketing and adoption if it is not to fade away. So everybody who wants BipCoin to succeed should ask themselves what they can do to help the coin.
There is 0$ trade volume in the last 24 hours according to coinmarketcap, and the github repo was last updated 4 months ago. Looks like the new dev already abandoned it before really getting started. Deadcoin. Too bad, I liked the attitude of the original dev had, keeping it not-so serious.
Activity: 326
Merit: 124
This project seems painfully dead. Does anyone know if SamuelPickwick is still working on this? He only took over the project’s development a couple of months ago. Would be a shame if this one slowly disappears.
legendary
Ukrainians will resist
Here is a miner who mining coins on my pool.
They are not on the wallet of pool.
What to do, how to return the coins?

If you were able to recover the coins can't you just send them to the wallet of the pool and they will pay out to miners?
This is a payment to one miner. On the wallet of the pool was the amount, but not 4200, less, why so?

If you were able to recover the coins can't you just send them to the wallet of the pool and they will pay out to miners?
legendary
Ukrainians will resist

Pages:
Jump to: