Pages:
Author

Topic: bit pit - (LP, ESMPPS, 8-decimal payout, SSL, API, 0% fee, Almost 0% Stales!) - page 16. (Read 80690 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Wow! I was just about to post congratulations for ending round 7, and lookie there, we're on round 9! Good work everyone.

Just for the record, for our first round we were using Mini's scoring system. It has some major flaws, and due to user feedback we actually left that method.

Due to it's major flaws, I'm not entirely convinced that his scoring system is the right answer to the conversation.

However, I am not against SMPPS or possibly other scoring systems.

SMPPS would be very far to part-time miners, while helping to compensate for long rounds. In general it's not such a bad idea. However, I would appreciate more people chiming in before we'd implement such a change, as I think it merits some type of vote.

I am going to be AFK shortly, but everyone to chime in on what your thoughts are. Ultimately bit pit wants to provide a service that improves the mining experience as a whole, and if changing our reward distribution improves the overal mining experience then it fits without the scope of what we are trying to do.
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
this is the best pool right now to stick around :p
even with the pool hopers, they actually help us to find 2 blocks in 2 hours!!!!!!
that was great, the hashrate will reach 100GH soon Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
Was that another round?

That is lucky.

Btw, I support implementing some sort of anti-pool hooping measure. Its tempting for me to do it since its profitable.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
there are two possibilites (when no block is found):
1) just take the shares to the next day
2) make it for two, three etc. days

i dont know whats best, i just dont want that every pool switches to pps/maxpps (...) systems. i left btcguild as they are too big, i left minecoin for their switch: i just want to stay with a pool a while. tired of switching.

and (for me) pool selection is an emotional decision (after fees, stales and stableness Smiley.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
e.g. (blocksperday * 50) / (sharesperday) = your payout for that day
i don't know how you want to make that work. prop means: you get paid when a block is found. while the pool is still small, this can mean days, weeks.
legendary
that's why i suggested a delay?
i really like the idea to go prop on a day basis.

e.g. (blocksperday * 50) / (sharesperday) = your payout for that day
obvious: it has a huge stats delay. but who of you sits in front of your pc and watch estimated rewards the hole day? i cant believe that....
You don't "like" other systems... that's ok. But with prop and realtime stats, you actually get ripped off by pool hoppers, so you'd be better off with PPS.
legendary
sorry my fault.

i wanted to say: please stick with prop.

i just don't like other systems. thats one of the reasons i use this bitpit (just left minecoin for their switch to another payout system).
but PLEASE don't use score / maxpps or anything else - just stick with pps.

i don't mine 24/7 so for me it's just an additional variance.
MaxPPS and PPS is actually more or less the same - and the best choice for someone who's not mining 24/7. But right now the pool is using Prop (that's not PPS!)
legendary
i don't like pool hoppers too.

but PLEASE don't use score / maxpps or anything else - just stick with pps.

i don't mine 24/7 so for me it's just an additional variance.

if you really think you have to do something about it i suggest "blind mining" and just show stats from previous day.

so the calculation would simple be: (blocksperday*50) / (sharesperday)
What I'd really like to see is that you put focus on protection from pool hoppers. Either by delaying the stats (tough this can only marginally reduce the effect), or by introducing score/pps-based rewards. The MaxPPS system used by Eligius seems to work well. In the last round we were able to see 10-20 GH leaving in the middle of the round, and this will probably become even worse in the future.
Activity: 112
It's been a rather crazy day!

I do apologize for the little bit of down time we had this morning. I do really appreciate all you guys' patience while we sorted out that.

On to block #7!  Cheesy
Activity: 84
I switched back from the most recent version of poclbm to the old version (doesn't have version numbers I guess Huh), now I'm back to 0% stales. New one must have either a glitch by itself, or problems with your pushpool-implementation.

We've had multiple people have issues with the new poclbm. I'll have to grab a tcpdump and see what's up with it. (As far as pushpool goes though, we don't use it) Wink
I switched back from the most recent version of poclbm to the old version (doesn't have version numbers I guess Huh), now I'm back to 0% stales. New one must have either a glitch by itself, or problems with your pushpool-implementation.
If winner13 is out there on the forum, speak up! You haven't set your wallet, and we want to pay you 10 BTC.  Cheesy
Activity: 686
Merit: 259
I'm going to rape everyone who will DDoS bit pit  Angry Angry
@1bitc0inplz, how many referrals now?
What happens with the pool? DDoS?

Yep. We got hit with a lot of traffic. We quickly put some harder limits in place and blocked the offending IPs. The funny part is, we were a day or two away from rolling out additional preventative DDoS protection. So I guess that's still the plan Wink

I apologize to all our miners for the downtime. The pool is up again. If you still have issues, please let us know.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
I had problems as well. Lots of stales one after another and problems connecting.

Now it seems to work fine.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1019
What happens with the pool? DDoS?
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Something wrong with the pool. I can't connect and seems like nobody can.
Pages:
Jump to: