Pages:
Author

Topic: bit pit - (LP, ESMPPS, 8-decimal payout, SSL, API, 0% fee, Almost 0% Stales!) - page 20. (Read 80690 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
how is bitp.it handling the DDOSes?  Does running on node.js provide more resilience to this?

There are some properties of node.js that make it resilient to attack. For instance, it is fast, it has low per-connection overhead, and it is fully asynchronous (it's quite difficulty to make it block on I/O).

Of course, there's no magic bullet for protecting against DDoS. We'll be talking more with the community about that issue soon.
The decreased stale rate has evaporated recently with the increase in pool hash rate. Will I see those low stale rates ever again?

Definitely Smiley We're working on it right now.
Activity: 216
Merit: 100
The decreased stale rate has evaporated recently with the increase in pool hash rate. Will I see those low stale rates ever again?
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
how is bitp.it handling the DDOSes?  Does running on node.js provide more resilience to this?

Will
Activity: 182
55,980,000,000 hashes/sec and counting!
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Love Node.js, so you have my 740Mhash/s.

Thanks Cheesy  We love Node as well!

IMO, the biggest new-comer blocker is the current round duration. I'm sure once we get pass round #6, more and more people will jump in. Especially in a botnet-DDoS-causing-big-pools-down time like this.

Thanks Cheesy  We love Node as well!
Activity: 24
Looks like its 95% 6 days and average about 2 days. I like the lack of rejects though. How can you afford the bonus?

I've had a 2GH/s miner since before the difficulty was quite so crazy Smiley It's more fun for me to use them on a project like this, as a bonus, than to just cash them in  Grin
Activity: 15
Looks like its 95% 6 days and average about 2 days. I like the lack of rejects though. How can you afford the bonus?
Last Block June 27 is this right? Is everything working? I joined now but I'm a little worried.

We're a smallish pool and this round is running a little long Smiley But we regularly test the code, both with unit tests and against testnet, so there is nothing to worry about.
Activity: 15
Last Block June 27 is this right? Is everything working? I joined now but I'm a little worried.
If anyone has had some weirdness with their account, like workers disappearing, please let us know at [email protected], and we'll fix them. The issue that caused this is resolved now. Thanks all!
We really appreciate everyone's patience with this round. Killer blocks happen, but it's more noticeable with a smallish pool like bitp.it. Everyone hang in there and we will find this block!

I'm also thinking of keeping the bounty in place for a few blocks, since it seems to attract some new users.
Activity: 53
Stats seem to be fixed and relatively accurate. 

For some reason each time I would check stats and see it taking longer and longer it would piss me off more and more.

How dare this block take so long.  I flipped to BTCguild and glanced at the statistics and saw 3 block taking 3 million + shares to crack in a row.  Just the luck of the draw.

Ended up pushing a few more cards at you to kill this block.
Activity: 686
Merit: 259
Well, this is my experience with bitpit yet.

Signed up and created 8 workers.
edited profile with wallet id and email

next day everything is gone..

no workers anymore and no wallet id and email in my profile

so i created new workers again and started to send my miners to pool.bitp.it
Miners start working.. everything looks fine.

But since over and hour no stats are shown and all shares are staying on 0 i stopped mining on pool.bitp.it again

So, whats that?

Could you take a screenshot on the console page? Thanks.
You are the first with this issue o.o
Activity: 154
Well, this is my experience with bitpit yet.

Signed up and created 8 workers.
edited profile with wallet id and email

next day everything is gone..

no workers anymore and no wallet id and email in my profile

so i created new workers again and started to send my miners to pool.bitp.it
Miners start working.. everything looks fine.

But since over and hour no stats are shown and all shares are staying on 0 i stopped mining on pool.bitp.it again

So, whats that?
Activity: 686
Merit: 259

I'm in, but it seems we need something like a permanent bonus (like BTCs) to get some more hash powahhhhh
Activity: 126
Seems like the bonus works... how about keeping this up until you have 50+ Gh?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
Pages:
Jump to: