Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitAffNet] How we're the #1 Bitcoin Mining Pool In The World (or so we thought) - page 47. (Read 98873 times)

legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Once again, we've got some unfortunate news, Effective today, and through at least January 1, 2015, we're suspending the mining bonus. We are still a 0% fee Pay Per Share pool.

This isn't a decision we wanted to make, and it wasn't easy. But trying something new comes with risks, and we've suffered some losses, had some setbacks beyond our control occur, and unfortunately, had some instances of people abusing the payout system and bonuses offered by the pool.

In the beginning, we said the bonus might be temporary, and it's lasted quite a long time. And we sincerely hope that, in the near future, we will be able to pay the bonus again. We're working to re-incorporate the bonus, with the launch of a rental site early next year, and we're acquiring increased BTC reserves in order to make sure we're prepared for our increased hashrate.

We can't thank you enough, all of you who have supported our efforts so far and helped to build our pool into what it is today. On a normal day, our average hash rate is over 3 Ph/s, and Bitcoin Affiliate Network is now one of the names you see on Blockchain.info and Blocktrail.com for blocks being solved.

BitAffNet is going to remain the best place to mine, and the most profitable Pay Per Share pool out there.

Thanks again for your support,

Matt, Gil, and the BitAffNet Team

Thanks for this.  Despite my time on the pool and being a top 15 miner by hash rate, I never get these emails.
I switched pools after reading this because they owed me .4 btc and had not paid out since yesterday.  But got paid shortly afterwards.  I think I'll wait a bit before redirecting my hash back to them.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
Once again, we've got some unfortunate news, Effective today, and through at least January 1, 2015, we're suspending the mining bonus. We are still a 0% fee Pay Per Share pool.

This isn't a decision we wanted to make, and it wasn't easy. But trying something new comes with risks, and we've suffered some losses, had some setbacks beyond our control occur, and unfortunately, had some instances of people abusing the payout system and bonuses offered by the pool.

In the beginning, we said the bonus might be temporary, and it's lasted quite a long time. And we sincerely hope that, in the near future, we will be able to pay the bonus again. We're working to re-incorporate the bonus, with the launch of a rental site early next year, and we're acquiring increased BTC reserves in order to make sure we're prepared for our increased hashrate.

We can't thank you enough, all of you who have supported our efforts so far and helped to build our pool into what it is today. On a normal day, our average hash rate is over 3 Ph/s, and Bitcoin Affiliate Network is now one of the names you see on Blockchain.info and Blocktrail.com for blocks being solved.

BitAffNet is going to remain the best place to mine, and the most profitable Pay Per Share pool out there.

Matt, Gil, and the BitAffNet Team
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
I fail to understand with multi-sig wallets how a pool operator can be so careless.

Clueless is right. Once is bad enough, but to have it happen again is just plain ridiculous, it makes no sense at all. It wouldn't surprise me if the pool operator had something to do with it - he's certainly got a history of scamming his miners.

That's about as stupid a statement as a person could make....

Actually, he's completely correct - as you well know, you've posted enough times in the scam thread about it:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ban-giveaway-promotion-scam-to-fake-users-stolen-mining-equipment-782765

In case you forgot, here's one of the fake user account owned by s0br & co who "won" one of those imaginary S3's:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/bitguru-245818

Name:    bitguru
Activity:    1
Position:    Newbie
Date Registered:    February 09, 2014, 09:46:48 AM
Last Active:    February 09, 2014, 10:20:43 AM

Inactive for over 10 months, only one post which, unsurprisingly, is to promote a scam bitcoin pool & trust called bitfishgroup, take a look:

http://www.bitfishgroup.com/bitcoin-mining-aboutus.htm

I seem to remember pulling a few names out of that organisation a while ago (Matt C, Golan M + a few others), if I could be bothered to dig a little deeper I'm sure I could find a link back to the scammers sobr/Phwner at BAN - but I really can't be bothered tbh.....I just find it a little confusing as to why people still stick up for them - can people really be so blind? It would seem so......

I can post more of the fake accounts sobr & co use if you like, or you can do your own research of course, which is preferred of course..... Wink

In the meantime, enjoy your late/missing payments/bonuses from "Mr Transparency".  Cheesy

Thought of the day - famous last words:

Anyway... I'll get back to you about those pics...

***disappears***
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000
I fail to understand with multi-sig wallets how a pool operator can be so careless.

Clueless is right. Once is bad enough, but to have it happen again is just plain ridiculous, it makes no sense at all. It wouldn't surprise me if the pool operator had something to do with it - he's certainly got a history of scamming his miners.

That's about as stupid a statement as a person could make....
Activity: 121
got my full payout early this morning as promised.   if this is a scam, then it's a pretty elaborate one
Activity: 60
Merit: 10

legendary
Sorry to read about the theft. I will be moving my miners back soon.
legendary
got the following email just a bit ago

As much as we like to write you with good news, today we've got the unfortunate task of telling you our hot wallet was compromised again last night. 2 blocks confirmed, hit the wallet, and immediately send the BTC to https://blockchain.info/address/1B6eWiYx8ZobX3rw62o23KybxjxwJg3hRY

This, is the reason payouts have been delayed so long.

But, we're not done yet. Not by a long shot.

As you're reading this, the payment system is being recoded and made even more secure, and payment processing is being moved offsite and redone. At this time, we anticipate these payments will begin processing by midnight EST / 9 PM PST tonight.
We know this is an inconvenience, but we appreciate your patience and your loyalty. We're still 0% fee Pay Per Share with bonus, and still the best place to mine Bitcoins. Thanks again for sticking with us, and contact [email protected] if you have any questions.

Gil and the BitAffNet Team
Thanks for the info.  I fail to understand with multi-sig wallets how a pool operator can be so careless.
Activity: 121
got the following email just a bit ago

As much as we like to write you with good news, today we've got the unfortunate task of telling you our hot wallet was compromised again last night. 2 blocks confirmed, hit the wallet, and immediately send the BTC to https://blockchain.info/address/1B6eWiYx8ZobX3rw62o23KybxjxwJg3hRY

This, is the reason payouts have been delayed so long.

But, we're not done yet. Not by a long shot.

As you're reading this, the payment system is being recoded and made even more secure, and payment processing is being moved offsite and redone. At this time, we anticipate these payments will begin processing by midnight EST / 9 PM PST tonight.
We know this is an inconvenience, but we appreciate your patience and your loyalty. We're still 0% fee Pay Per Share with bonus, and still the best place to mine Bitcoins. Thanks again for sticking with us, and contact [email protected] if you have any questions.

Gil and the BitAffNet Team
legendary
Does anyone know what's going on with payments?  Been two days since they have been sent out???
legendary
Congrats to the pool for getting two blocks in a row!

I hope I dont jinx us....but the blocks are coming quickly.  When we see two blocks found within hours of each other....what sort of positive and negative effect does it have on us as miners on BAN?

none.... pool pays PPS so the pool takes all the risk. we the miners get paid no matter how many blocks are found (or not).
Activity: 316
Merit: 250

I hope I dont jinx us....but the blocks are coming quickly.  When we see two blocks found within hours of each other....what sort of positive and negative effect does it have on us as miners on BAN?

legendary
legendary
am liking this pool so far. hash rates are similar to what my S3s say they are doing Smiley. Payouts are on time and very good.

Prepare to be attacked. But I agree with you.
Activity: 786
am liking this pool so far. hash rates are similar to what my S3s say they are doing Smiley. Payouts are on time and very good.
legendary
We're investigating an issue at one of our datacenters at the moment. Until we can resolve this we are recommending miners move to backup pools. Realtime updates are available in our IRC channel and we will post here when the issue is resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Our systems are back online. Please stop by our IRC channel or contact our support team if you have any outstanding issues.

Thanks just moved my miners back.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
something something Bitcoin
We're investigating an issue at one of our datacenters at the moment. Until we can resolve this we are recommending miners move to backup pools. Realtime updates are available in our IRC channel and we will post here when the issue is resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Our systems are back online. Please stop by our IRC channel or contact our support team if you have any outstanding issues.
legendary

Thank you for the update
Activity: 173
Merit: 104
Well I guess we can temporarily withdraw the title of #1 Bitcoin Mining Pool In The World???
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
something something Bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: