Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBay |Decentralized Marketplace|Smart Contracts|IoT Tech|Markets Open - page 40. (Read 339472 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 504
if this coin is such a scam, why are so many people buying it still?

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2011/03/25/the-sunk-cost-fallacy/

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/auroracoin/

^ That coin there in march reached a $500 million  market cap. Trading volume far more than BitBay. Current market cap today less than $60k
That's by no means the only coin with so many buys and good volume that faded to nothing, there are dozens like it.

Asking "If X was a scam why would Y amount of people buy it?"  is terrible logic to be basing investment decisions on; historically wisdom of the crowds doesn't seem to apply to bitcointalk alt section

Even not counting the dozens of alt-scams over a million BTC easily has been hacked or stolen in the past few years, All of which a bunch of people decided at one time were great investments, and decided hand their private keys over to instead of keeping in their wallets, There are plenty not listed, but  a subset of those documented scams, hacks and thefts you can find here- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/list-of-major-bitcoin-heists-thefts-hacks-scams-and-losses-576337
Activity: 251
Merit: 250
Unbelievable how people still think this coin has a future  Huh
Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Because it actually has quite a potentially good future.

The scam of the IPO hasn't affected the coin's technical fortunes thankfully and in that context it's a hugely viable risk asset at this price.

Do your research man. The guy is alone in a room in cambodia spending his days online cultivating his narcissistic online persona 18 hrs a day. What part of that  looksto you like he is gonna suddenly pull a functioning decentralized market out of his ass?

He was warned days ago that the current wallet is backdoored with an insecure iframe chat window. Has he dropped everything to fix that? Nope. Why not? In his own words - "i'm not sure how that happened". Translation: doesn't know how to fix it. Doesn't see the seriousness of it.

Go ahead and follow this Jim Jones down the rabbit hole, but nothing indicates he will be coding his way out of this mess anytime soon.
copper member
Activity: 97
Leave everything to me!
I got flu sick 2 days ago and came back to catch up. Only took 10 hours of reading.

Its been said before but.. DAMN...

So glad that "libeay32.dll" didn't turn out to be a big fiasco.

Watching and waiting.  and still believing in David - he's the reason most of us probably invested. And belief in a free marketplace.

Oh, and can someone please re-fill the popcorn cart..

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

The scam of the IPO hasn't affected the coin's technical fortunes thankfully and in that context it's a hugely viable risk asset at this price.

Chu crazy man! David cant code for shit and everyone knows it... What you see is them trying to bring the price up so then can sell their 600M coin on anyone willing to buy them.

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

Activity: 840

They are fooled
Activity: 840
LOL, STEVEN, HANLIN, GECKO are all Chinese but talked in English
legendary
Activity: 882
Activity: 394
Merit: 250
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM! Cry
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
had a few days away... back to check on my new fav coin...

bitbay another great investment i made in the last weeks along with blocknet and scooping up some cheap xc which just went south even more.

to recap...

so bter is run by a scammer?
dz - is ok with it being a semi pump and dump scam? so long as he is not accountable being just the coder... whilst taking some nice profits mostly built upon the strength of him being public and coding halo? although would like to see some development take place eventually if possible.

the other people in the team are just outright thieves?

put an order in at 1 sat, need to cost average down a little i guess.

Not at all, i wasnt really sure what my options were once the project had already started. So, i had no choice but to advance. But when they started to not pay for a team and they sat on their asses with the funds, then yeah of course.

So do you think they tried to find me devs? I think not.

ok, so the BTC from Bob and Gekko is gone, that much is clear.  But there is still the BTC held by you, Steven, and Lin.  That is at least 2000 BTC and still more then enough to find and pay more devs.

And there you have the real truth. That these chinese mobsters and David are sitting on a shit ton of free coins but david claims he has been innocently asking for dev money for weeks. Now, what doesn't make sense about that situation, and his claims? and what makes you think any of these selfish pigs is going to uses any money going forward on this, if they have not so far?

We'll from what was said 1200 or so btc that was used was phantom. Now there was no clarification on what that actually meant. From what I get since it was through Bter the btc was spoofed somehow to show the buys and 1200 of the btc never existed but got the bay in return as if it was actually bought. So technically most of the btc that was put into the ICO was faked and the real btc that was used came from bob and company n Lin n Steven. Actual investor btc I don't think alotted to more than 300 or less. The marketcap we see now is probably more actual than the inflated numbers we seen from ICO. This is the true coins worth right now. Can it come back? I'm not sure I'll watch and see but if the tech promised is persued then it's a given.

about 980 btc came from outside investors... not 300!
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
Activity: 280
Merit: 102

bitbay another great investment i made in the last weeks along with blocknet and scooping up some cheap xc which just went south even more.

to recap...

dz - is ok with it being a semi pump and dump scam? so long as he is not accountable being just the coder... whilst taking some nice profits mostly built upon the strength of him being public and coding halo? although would like to see some development take place eventually if possible.

Not at all, i wasnt really sure what my options were once the project had already started. So, i had no choice but to advance. But when they started to not pay for a team and they sat on their asses with the funds, then yeah of course.

ok, so the BTC from Bob and Gekko is gone, that much is clear.  But there is still the BTC held by you, Steven, and Lin.  That is at least 2000 BTC and still more then enough to find and pay more devs.

And there you have the real truth. That these chinese mobsters and David are sitting on a shit ton of free coins but david claims he has been innocently asking for dev money for weeks. Now, what doesn't make sense about that situation, and his claims? and what makes you think any of these selfish pigs is going to uses any money going forward on this, if they have not so far?

We'll from what was said 1200 or so btc that was used was phantom. Now there was no clarification on what that actually meant. From what I get since it was through Bter the btc was spoofed somehow to show the buys and 1200 of the btc never existed but got the bay in return as if it was actually bought. So technically most of the btc that was put into the ICO was faked and the real btc that was used came from bob and company n Lin n Steven. Actual investor btc I don't think alotted to more than 300 or less. The marketcap we see now is probably more actual than the inflated numbers we seen from ICO. This is the true coins worth right now. Can it come back? I'm not sure I'll watch and see but if the tech promised is persued then it's a given.
Activity: 91

to recap...

ok, so the BTC from Bob and Gekko is gone, that much is clear.  But there is still the BTC held by you, Steven, and Lin.  That is at least 2000 BTC and still more then enough to find and pay more devs.

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

to recap...

ok, so the BTC from Bob and Gekko is gone, that much is clear.  But there is still the BTC held by you, Steven, and Lin.  That is at least 2000 BTC and still more then enough to find and pay more devs.

but would bob and gekko gain anything if their bay was nulled somehow? I mean they got free bay ...perhaps these bay can be destroyed with a new client?

can't be hard to freeze out those wallets that got .1Billion coins right?

they didn't dump them all yet did they?

They go their btc back and dumped the bay. They have no more bay to lock out.
legendary

This sounds promising...as in there may *be* a future.

I dont see why not, we can do whatever we can with what weve got.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
 Undecided Is anyone going to jail for this?!  Undecided

There is enough evidence here to put people in jail for sure.  Especially considering they are so dumb, openly admitting to doing it, and even posting full log files with the details.

I am not sure I have ever seen people go so far to incriminate themselves.  Does not surprise me it happened in crypto-currency land.

-A Law student
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
I dont see why not, we can do whatever we can with what weve got.
legendary
Everyone, I will put an official statement on reddit discussing what makes sense to do from here. To discuss here further is to waste time and beat the issue to death. Thanks for listening. My statement will conclude briefly, discuss about future etc.

This sounds promising...as in there may *be* a future.
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
You DO own a stake in the underlying technology.....In exactly the way 1 BTC entitles you to 1 share out of 21million in the Bitcoin protocol. 1 XCP entitles you to 1 share in the CounterParty protocol

What I meant was:

Say counterparty plays host to Etherium and Bitcoin (by porting the Etherium code to counterparty etc and allowing access to the Bitcoin blockchain). That was gave it its last rise.

Great. But by investing in counterparty, you neither end up owning a stake in the Etherium project nor one in the Bitcoin blockchain. That is what I meant by "unerlying technology". Sure your investing in counterparty but that's just the broker. I thought that revaluation was rather hollow for that reason.

True, but broadly seperate the two things, ethereum blockchain, and ETH token

the largest reason people invested a stake in ethereum was because it allowed users to execute turing complete code on a blockchain. That is the greatest value proposition of owning ETH. The fact you can execute python like contracts in a p2p decentralised fashion. The more successful smart contracts are, the more ETH will be required to be spent, hence the more a proportional share of ETH (should) be worth.

Except right you don't need to spend ETH to execute smart contracts, nor do you need to use a seperate blockchain. Everything can be compatible with bitcoin ecosystem . As far as executing most smart contracts go there is no requirement anymore for owning or spending ETH so there is no incentivization to own a stake. CounterParty isn't going through Ethereum as a middleman to executing contracts, they've just directly ported the ability to intepret and run that code.

So now users have a choice to buy a stake in ETH to execute identical smart contracts on the ethereum blockchain, (when released) or you can execute those same contracts with a stake in XCP on the Bitcoin Blockchain using CounterParty protocol right now which, currently has a much greater network effect.  So although XCP doesn't have it's seperate blockchain you still require the token to execute smart contracts. You cannot just do it with BTC in fact there really is not a lot of use in seperate blockchains- the solution now is more like a sidechain.

So again, the same applies - the more successful smart contracts are, the more XCP will be required to be spent, hence the more a proportional share of XCP should be worth. The fact it doesn't run on it's own blockchain really doesn't mean you don't own it all of a sudden or that you're only brokering;

Aside from the ported smart contract features XCP is also required for trustless escrow/ asset issuance/ certain transfers which you cannot  do using vanilla Bitcoin protocol, and all those are original creations)

Pages:
Jump to: