Author

Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg - page 380. (Read 541841 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
The only problem here is that it is trivial to spoof IP addresses so I'm not sure how it will really deter anyone who actually wants to sell illegal goods.
Activity: 760
CryptoZilla
Hey guys, I wanted to hop in here and thank you for your support. I'm honored that you guys take an interest in smart contracts tech and are able to stand your ground with me.

With that said I had a question. Its a controversial idea but I'm actually liking it.

So here is the question. My original flow chart for markets I was going to get people into a whitelist by channeling their traffic through my server so we could grant access to decentralized markets based on good behavior.

But this model means that it still relies on a centralized server. It means babysitting it and doesnt actually show to be a scalable model for other businesses.

In fact, the only advantage I could see was speed. So, I'm wondering why add that layer first. Best to go straight to the decentralized layer, hit my milestone faster and find another method of moderating drugs/contraband that is more powerful. Trust building and ratings can still be added of course.

You see guys, I learned from this project that I clearly have people who dont want me to succeed(this also means I'm doing something right). The entire project was created by some agenda/etc to sabotage destructive tech IMHO.

All things considered, this means a decentralized market (if done incorrectly) gives them more ammunition to attack if there isnt a great moderation layer. I've got to protect my ass and also deliver a wonderful product. But the server layer seems like I'm heading east when I want to go west.

SO, my controversial idea was, to simply require that users put their IP address inside the order that goes to market. it can be encrypted so only Halo can see it. But what it does is gives me a log of all the IPs to deter people from posting illegal contraband. This isnt any different from how a website would work. When you log into a site, send an email, do anything on the internet your IP is revealed. So my question is, if it really is going to be legal things we are selling... why hide it? The biggest advantage of decentralized markets is there is no central server, its decentralized. So anyone in the world gets "free hosting" in a way. If the world ended the markets would still work. Additionally, I can make it so my server can in real time flag illegal orders in addition to being able to flag them in a decentralized way.

I can still build whitelists on top of that later to increase speed but im not sure its required to demo the markets. Also, having a decentralized kill switch and a system where users can flag orders is still highly attractive to me.

This was my recent thoughts. I really want to open up markets to the real world and give them a reason to think crypto isnt just a bunch of scams and criminals. (ironic considering how things started off on a bad foot but its nothing we cant bounce back from the brand is strong and if we get our two major features we can certainly be a contender)

Please let me know your thoughts on these ideas. I'm starting the coding now for a big Halo release(with pay to email) and these markets and felt some positive feedback and constructive criticism/brainstorming was in order.

Thanks for the big post, it is exactly what you are saying that if you want to sell legal stuff why hide yourself?

IMO we should proceed like this since all the crooks will be scared to go flahing their IP around.

And the outside world does need to see something positive about crypto's for a change.

Thank you, im really glad you like the idea.

If I do it this way, there is simply no way the govt can say im not complying. Its still anonymous because i wouldn't be able to give out their IP addresses unless the content is in fact illegal.

And you know this way, I can let orders go straight to the market without really worrying about watching it 24/7 but we could still remove orders if they are in fact illegal or in the wrong category.

It also allows for "ip banning" for spammers and fake profiles. And I think we all know the dangers of fake profiles Cheesy

Sounds good to me David.. if there must be an IP filled in maybe you can place button to auto lookup the IP alot of user dont even know how to look up an IP a simple soccer mom want just to sell something the barrier must be low and safe so here lies the challange
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
Hey guys, I wanted to hop in here and thank you for your support. I'm honored that you guys take an interest in smart contracts tech and are able to stand your ground with me.

With that said I had a question. Its a controversial idea but I'm actually liking it.

So here is the question. My original flow chart for markets I was going to get people into a whitelist by channeling their traffic through my server so we could grant access to decentralized markets based on good behavior.

But this model means that it still relies on a centralized server. It means babysitting it and doesnt actually show to be a scalable model for other businesses.

In fact, the only advantage I could see was speed. So, I'm wondering why add that layer first. Best to go straight to the decentralized layer, hit my milestone faster and find another method of moderating drugs/contraband that is more powerful. Trust building and ratings can still be added of course.

You see guys, I learned from this project that I clearly have people who dont want me to succeed(this also means I'm doing something right). The entire project was created by some agenda/etc to sabotage destructive tech IMHO.

All things considered, this means a decentralized market (if done incorrectly) gives them more ammunition to attack if there isnt a great moderation layer. I've got to protect my ass and also deliver a wonderful product. But the server layer seems like I'm heading east when I want to go west.

SO, my controversial idea was, to simply require that users put their IP address inside the order that goes to market. it can be encrypted so only Halo can see it. But what it does is gives me a log of all the IPs to deter people from posting illegal contraband. This isnt any different from how a website would work. When you log into a site, send an email, do anything on the internet your IP is revealed. So my question is, if it really is going to be legal things we are selling... why hide it? The biggest advantage of decentralized markets is there is no central server, its decentralized. So anyone in the world gets "free hosting" in a way. If the world ended the markets would still work. Additionally, I can make it so my server can in real time flag illegal orders in addition to being able to flag them in a decentralized way.

I can still build whitelists on top of that later to increase speed but im not sure its required to demo the markets. Also, having a decentralized kill switch and a system where users can flag orders is still highly attractive to me.

This was my recent thoughts. I really want to open up markets to the real world and give them a reason to think crypto isnt just a bunch of scams and criminals. (ironic considering how things started off on a bad foot but its nothing we cant bounce back from the brand is strong and if we get our two major features we can certainly be a contender)

Please let me know your thoughts on these ideas. I'm starting the coding now for a big Halo release(with pay to email) and these markets and felt some positive feedback and constructive criticism/brainstorming was in order.

Thanks for the big post, it is exactly what you are saying that if you want to sell legal stuff why hide yourself?

IMO we should proceed like this since all the crooks will be scared to go flahing their IP around.

And the outside world does need to see something positive about crypto's for a change.

Thank you, im really glad you like the idea.

If I do it this way, there is simply no way the govt can say im not complying. Its still anonymous because i wouldn't be able to give out their IP addresses unless the content is in fact illegal.

And you know this way, I can let orders go straight to the market without really worrying about watching it 24/7 but we could still remove orders if they are in fact illegal or in the wrong category.

It also allows for "ip banning" for spammers and fake profiles. And I think we all know the dangers of fake profiles Cheesy
Activity: 560

legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

Activity: 1540
Yes real world purposes this coin is different real decentralized central bank resistant  Smiley

Being bank resistant is also a problem. With coins, I am the banker. I have to keep my money safe. I can't trust it to anyone on the Internet yet. When I can trust an internet entity, they will be trustworthy because there will be regulation and penalties. Where do I store my retirement fund in bitcoin? How do I get interest on the money so it grows? Where will I get a loan to finance a mortgage?

Let me know if I'm going too far off topic.

Thanks,
DeezCoinz

No middleman if you are selling stuff in decentrilized marketplace. Everything is between seller & buyer and they can do it however they want.

Smart contract has two keys to make everything "hack proof". You can leave one key on your computer and secure another key somewhere safe or secure both key in different place..like one in your bank storage and other in your basement..so even if someone finds one key they'll have to find second key to steal your money from your wallet.

It's beautiful technology. Power given to people instead of central authority.

You're right about how you don't want to use it and lot of people might think like you..the reason being that people are so used to old stuff but as new generation comes in they would prefer using crypto over fiat and in 20 years from today crypto will become HUGE!

Bank charges ridiculous fees and then they have "minimum" amount bs. If your balance goes below that they'll start deducting fees. It's total BS and I hated it when I was kid because I had money in my account and I couldn't spend it.

There are several websites that offer you interest on your bitcoins/altcoins on yearly basis.

As they say "you can't teach old dog new tricks". Crypto adoption requires generation change and something that's hard for this generation will be preferred method for next one ..so on and so forth.

RJF
Activity: 616
Online since '89...
I have a more general question.

Why would I (general purpose consumer, internet savvy) use an "XXXXcoin" based decentralized marketplace instead of amazon or Ebay? I already know how to use ebay, they take my credit card, and I don't care who knows that I buy old radio tubes or comic books.

With cryptocurrency, I have to manage my coins, I need a wallet on my system because I don't trust any online wallet, I have to have 3 copies of my wallet or keys or whatever on different devices every time I make any kind of transaction otherwise I might lose it. I don't feel comfortable keeping $100K on my computer anyway.

Even if every business in the world took bitcoin or XXXcoin I still have to purchase bitcoin with my credit card to use bitcoin, rather than just making the purchase directly with my card.

The only allure of the decentralized marketplace seems to be that it would be "impossible to stop" unlike the Dark Net on Tor which can be broken when the central system for a market is discovered.

It seems like if I don't intend to make illegal purchases or I want to "stick it to the man" there really isn't a mass market allure to digital currency.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
DeezCoinz

i think we all share this kind of doubts but i usually consider this:

we are pioneers in this field, i mean, we are experimenting methods that maybe are going to be used in 10-15 years by everyone in the world.. some methods will fail and some other will survive and become a standard, that's why is funny to have interest / invest in something you believe is "the way".. or has hints in it about the future..

even sending and email 20 years ago was mechanical and complicated. it's the development, the interest and the actual function in it that made it easy to use and popular

Just remember, the winners get to write the history books. If there is no market, make one, if there is no particular use or need, create one. If there is a problem, solve it with your invention. If there is a void, fill it. This is how every market, every invention, has become common place and valuable throughout history. No need to reinvent the wheel, just spin it in a different direction...

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Allergic to false promises
What hands are the website, twitter account, facebook account in? Ours (the good guys) or Bobs illegal evil team?
Only source I trust atm is the official site at http://thebitbay.net, but we'll see what the update of the social media will bring.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
Activity: 776
Merit: 557
What hands are the website, twitter account, facebook account in? Ours (the good guys) or Bobs illegal evil team?
Activity: 155
Merit: 11
https://bitbay.market
I took a look at the official FaceBook page to see no content and only a few followers.
Strangely enough FB got a link on the official site, whereas I started a Google+ community that I keep up to date and that isn't even mentioned.
To make a long story short: Can I have a link there?

yes

we will update all our social medias later.

thanks for your help.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Allergic to false promises
I took a look at the official FaceBook page to see no content and only a few followers.
Strangely enough FB got a link on the official site, whereas I started a Google+ community that I keep up to date and that isn't even mentioned.
To make a long story short: Can I have a link there?
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
I have a more general question.

Why would I (general purpose consumer, internet savvy) use an "XXXXcoin" based decentralized marketplace instead of amazon or Ebay? I already know how to use ebay, they take my credit card, and I don't care who knows that I buy old radio tubes or comic books.

With cryptocurrency, I have to manage my coins, I need a wallet on my system because I don't trust any online wallet, I have to have 3 copies of my wallet or keys or whatever on different devices every time I make any kind of transaction otherwise I might lose it. I don't feel comfortable keeping $100K on my computer anyway.

Even if every business in the world took bitcoin or XXXcoin I still have to purchase bitcoin with my credit card to use bitcoin, rather than just making the purchase directly with my card.

The only allure of the decentralized marketplace seems to be that it would be "impossible to stop" unlike the Dark Net on Tor which can be broken when the central system for a market is discovered.

It seems like if I don't intend to make illegal purchases or I want to "stick it to the man" there really isn't a mass market allure to digital currency.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
DeezCoinz

i think we all share this kind of doubts but i usually consider this:

we are pioneers in this field, i mean, we are experimenting methods that maybe are going to be used in 10-15 years by everyone in the world.. some methods will fail and some other will survive and become a standard, that's why is funny to have interest / invest in something you believe is "the way".. or has hints in it about the future..

even sending and email 20 years ago was mechanical and complicated. it's the development, the interest and the actual function in it that made it easy to use and popular
Activity: 760
CryptoZilla
BitBay smart contract wallet:

(New compiled coming soon)

BitBay tutorials, Smart Contracts & Halo Tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieTIr71Sb3c

can we please just make up our minds on forums...also, please have David vouch for which one is actually the OFFICIAL thread
thanks

David Zimbeck will confirm this thread.

We will update V1.1 smart contract wallet later.

Thanks

Nice jobs guys!!
Everything put in place to make a nice 2015
After this news i but 2BTC @72 still a bargain
BitBay smart contract wallet:

(New compiled coming soon)

BitBay tutorials, Smart Contracts & Halo Tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieTIr71Sb3c

can we please just make up our minds on forums...also, please have David vouch for which one is actually the OFFICIAL thread
thanks

David Zimbeck will confirm this thread.

We will update V1.1 smart contract wallet later.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1176
I'm so confused.

You guys have already been shown how this was a massive scam from inception.  
Smart contracts already exist for both Bitcoin and Blackcoin if that is the sort of thing that interests you.
There are millions upon millions of FREE coins out there that could dump at any time.
David fully admits he is not a cryptocurrency developer.  BAY is simply wallet software with a fork of blackcoin and it will never be more.

There was literally zero reason to invest in this coin at IPO unless you thought it was going to pump, but now?  I'm not sure why people aren't cutting their losses here.  I hope it works out for you.

well,..so let them/us to compete
who will exist
market will tell us
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
I'm so confused.

You guys have already been shown how this was a massive scam from inception. 
Smart contracts already exist for both Bitcoin and Blackcoin if that is the sort of thing that interests you.
There are millions upon millions of FREE coins out there that could dump at any time.
David fully admits he is not a cryptocurrency developer.  BAY is simply wallet software with a fork of blackcoin and it will never be more.

There was literally zero reason to invest in this coin at IPO unless you thought it was going to pump, but now?  I'm not sure why people aren't cutting their losses here.  I hope it works out for you.
Activity: 560
Yes real world purposes this coin is different real decentralized central bank resistant  Smiley

Being bank resistant is also a problem. With coins, I am the banker. I have to keep my money safe. I can't trust it to anyone on the Internet yet. When I can trust an internet entity, they will be trustworthy because there will be regulation and penalties. Where do I store my retirement fund in bitcoin? How do I get interest on the money so it grows? Where will I get a loan to finance a mortgage?

Thanks,
DeezCoinz

You are asking the right questions.

Many coins bring many new techs, Bitbay will bring an Market that is decentralized.

You get 1 % interest by staking at the moment.

The good side of Internet Anonimity is also its bad side, like scammers etc.

The coin that will fill all your answers will be the perfect coin.

I think for the moment Bitbay is an part of the perfect coin, but has potential to upgrade into more.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Yes real world purposes this coin is different real decentralized central bank resistant  Smiley

Thanks,
DeezCoinz
Jump to: