Author

Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg - page 381. (Read 541841 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Well we can sell our products on the marketplace, maybe in times there will be APIs ready so we can easily import products from feed.

Import what products, SmartPhones and cigarettes? There are already protocols available, HTTP and SSL that allow me to purchase goods from anyplace in the world with my credit card. As far as APIs and transaction protocols that allow all the credit card processing to occur, I don't know anything about that. I'm a Soccer Mom. I go to Amazon, type Nike Sneakers in the search box, look through the results and press the buy button and get the sneakers my kid wants delivered to my home. For Free, because I bought a Prime account.

Will digital cash make that easier? I'd like that.

Thanks,
DeezCoinz
I can't agree with your vision. I know that e.g. PayPal takes about 4-5% that would be $4-5 per $100.
BitBay sellers would have a better price margin to sell products and if they lower their selling price to give some profit to the buyer, then I would say it's a win/win situation. Wouldn't you?

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not a visionary.  Wink I buy and use bitcoin because it's fun and for the technology. I trade a few crytocurrencies, less than $150 total, because it's fun, and I just might end up very rich someday.  Cheesy So, I'm down with digital currencies. My wife is the devils advocate. She asks "who would want to use that?" I don't have a good answer. If, because of no interest and no transaction fees, coin based markets could offer across the board lower prices than the competition as you suggest, that would be a good reason to convert. Most tech advances are either completely new ideas or improvements on existing tech. Often the improvements involve ease of use. I don't have a case where any coin based marketplace would be easier to use for most people. Without that there doesn't seem to be any compelling reason to switch.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Yes real world purposes this coin is different real decentralized central bank resistant  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Allergic to false promises
Well we can sell our products on the marketplace, maybe in times there will be APIs ready so we can easily import products from feed.

Import what products, SmartPhones and cigarettes? There are already protocols available, HTTP and SSL that allow me to purchase goods from anyplace in the world with my credit card. As far as APIs and transaction protocols that allow all the credit card processing to occur, I don't know anything about that. I'm a Soccer Mom. I go to Amazon, type Nike Sneakers in the search box, look through the results and press the buy button and get the sneakers my kid wants delivered to my home. For Free, because I bought a Prime account.

Thanks,
DeezCoinz
I can't agree with your vision. I know that e.g. PayPal takes about 4-5% that would be $4-5 per $100.
BitBay sellers would have a better price margin to sell products and if they lower their selling price to give some profit to the buyer, then I would say it's a win/win situation. Wouldn't you?

Thanks,
DeezCoinz
I have a more general question.

Why would I (general purpose consumer, internet savvy) use an "XXXXcoin" based decentralized marketplace instead of amazon or Ebay? I already know how to use ebay, they take my credit card, and I don't care who knows that I buy old radio tubes or comic books.

With cryptocurrency, I have to manage my coins, I need a wallet on my system because I don't trust any online wallet, I have to have 3 copies of my wallet or keys or whatever on different devices every time I make any kind of transaction otherwise I might lose it. I don't feel comfortable keeping $100K on my computer anyway.

Even if every business in the world took bitcoin or XXXcoin I still have to purchase bitcoin with my credit card to use bitcoin, rather than just making the purchase directly with my card.

The only allure of the decentralized marketplace seems to be that it would be "impossible to stop" unlike the Dark Net on Tor which can be broken when the central system for a market is discovered.

It seems like if I don't intend to make illegal purchases or I want to "stick it to the man" there really isn't a mass market allure to digital currency.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
DeezCoinz
Activity: 760
Merit: 500
CryptoZilla
Setup 5BTC buy for 65 if you want out i am willing to give you a way out:)

You must be affraid of someone who has no fear of loosing:)

Hey Issie81. You said you own tweakers.net, an online marketplace. Instead of buying up all the bitbay with your BTC, wouldn't it be a better idea to accept bitbay as payment on your marketplace? People would become interested in bitbay, they would be useful now, the price would rise and you could still collect them. Sort of like Bitcoin.

Your pal,
DeezCoinz

Noo i did't say that, i own a company respect on Tweakers.net (which is always each year top10 best visited websites in Netherlands)..i own a online webshop (revenue goes up in millions)
we allready accept Bitcoins as payment, so adding bitbay wouldn't be bad at all but there must be a product first.. David is working hard on making this happen. i can only support the coin further more if the product/marketplace is launched, have to think about that because of the shop i can life, drink and eat:)..my investments in Bitbay is something i can miss (always invest money you can miss)

OK. I guess I see. The real value of bitbay will be for using it on the bitbay marketplace. Obviously, why would I buy bitbay with bitcoin to use bitbay at your webshop when I can more easily use bitcoin already. Are you planning to open a shop on the bitbay marketplace? Why would someone go there instead of to your existing webshop?

Thanks.
DeezCoinz

Hey Issie81. You said you own tweakers.net, an online marketplace. Instead of buying up all the bitbay with your BTC, wouldn't it be a better idea to accept bitbay as payment on your marketplace? People would become interested in bitbay, they would be useful now, the price would rise and you could still collect them. Sort of like Bitcoin.

Your pal,
DeezCoinz

Noo i did't say that, i own a company respect on Tweakers.net (which is always each year top10 best visited websites in Netherlands)..i own a online webshop (revenue goes up in millions)
we allready accept Bitcoins as payment, so adding bitbay wouldn't be bad at all but there must be a product first.. David is working hard on making this happen. i can only support the coin further more if the product/marketplace is launched, have to think about that because of the shop i can life, drink and eat:)..my investments in Bitbay is something i can miss (always invest money you can miss)

OK. I guess I see. The real value of bitbay will be for using it on the bitbay marketplace. Obviously, why would I buy bitbay with bitcoin to use bitbay at your webshop when I can more easily use bitcoin already. Are you planning to open a shop on the bitbay marketplace? Why would someone go there instead of to your existing webshop?

Thanks.
DeezCoinz
CryptoZilla

Your pal,
DeezCoinz

Your pal,
DeezCoinz
Activity: 770
too much ICO,
and the price need long time to recover,I guess.
legendary
Even Geopay is looking into BitBay  Cool
CryptoZilla

legendary
CCN just joined the Google+ BitBay Community.
Feel free to join us and spread the word of BitBay "new style".
legendary
Activity: 1176
@ALTCOINUK
ONCE AGAIN ,.
YOU HAVE OWN THREAD,..
NO NEED TO COME HERE..
IF YOU STILL THE HUMAN,..
BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU ARE
MAYBE KIND OF DEVIL
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
[IDEA]

would it be possible to integrate in the wallet a message board where the members with a "proof of stake" in bitbay can discuss about the project?

[/IDEA]
A chat function like Tox would do fine for me and afaik David is looking into it.

that's cool, didn't know about tox  Wink
legendary
[IDEA]

would it be possible to integrate in the wallet a message board where the members with a "proof of stake" in bitbay can discuss about the project?

[/IDEA]
A chat function like Tox would do fine for me and afaik David is looking into it.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1126
We will release more wallets later.

Thanks for your support.

David Zimbeck and our other coders will release more info soon.

Keep it rolling, good job guys i am proud of you
Cant no Bob hodl us down, especially me Grin
Thanks for your support.
We will keep working on this project and release decentralized marketplace and hedging system as we promised.

Hedging is fine for investors/me but the Marketplace is a winner..if released proper Marketplace no one can hold this coin down.. i am intrested in both value but more in trading online buying selling stuff online

Its interesting, some people were arguing that I should make heding a voting system instead of having a master key. Although with voting there is still a centralized aspect of it. Some people arent a fan of hedging. Personally, im a fan because I think volume and use of a coin is more important that specualtion and trade value. Its like, when you have millions of users, then remove hedging. Although having a master key does give me the added resbonsibility. So maybe I should start it out by freezing 95% of the supply (leaving 5% liquid) and allow voting for inflation or deflation from there 1% increase or decrease per week. I'm just wondering if our distribution is good enough that voting would be fair. Maybe I could add parking to make it slightly more deflationary.

Hello David,

Thanks for sharing the vision, i am very much fan of hedging but i think it's not now the time for hedging. In orde to make hedging a succes there needs to be more coin circullation, in other words people must start using the coin. How can we make people to see the coin is by using it, the marketplace is the place to be to use your coins (not the exchanges). But i can see the value of the coin as an issue in marketplace, therefor pegging it won't be a bad idea. Because how else are we going to define the value of the coin on Marketplace, there needs to be a certain value.. My question to you is how can you freeze 95% of the coins?, i have 7% will you take my 7% coin as hostage? how must i see this you freezing out 95%?

There won't be a market place you dumb fuck. This "project" is over and the crook Zimbeck, this pathological liar partner of Bobsurplus & Stevie & Lin is finished.

By the way, your very welcome :-))) it was my pleasure to serve the altcoin community by assisting in revealing the truth about this scam.

Enjoy your "investment" (though if I would be you I would get out from this "investment" as soon as you can).

I think you sold all you're BUY and now you cock-a-doodle-do in that thread. So that project not dead. That you dead and another scammers like you for that project. Nobody neeeds you = nobody cares.

So dev/ Keep good work. And i will monitor the project, if all promises will be fulfilled. I will buy BUY from 50 to 200 sat price. example: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9745452
Activity: 784
I agree and remember that it is our money, our investment

That's absolutely correct and as a free man you could stick your smart contract in your ass with a giant flag that displays "I am one of the 5 assholes who still believe in the Bitbay scam" and walk around whit such assets as a proud Bitbay believer (I guess sticking a smart contract into your ass qualifies as an asset), however, it is unethical to present this scam as a legitimate project, it is immoral to pretend nothing has happened and it is completely unacceptable to try to trick more naive investors into this fraud, and therefore we can't let that happen.

All right boys?
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
@altcoinuk
you have your own thread,..
don't come here,..
we are not small children

You know, I am not convinced by this one...  Grin
legendary
I posted this meme at the Google+ BitBay Community as I like it more then BCT nowadays.

Jump to: