Author

Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg - page 385. (Read 541841 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
David can you update us how last week changed the roadmap?, is everything still in place and is there something we can do?

Cheerio

Yeah, my coders are switching to more simple tasks like getting Mac and Linux distributables. I'm now coding markets myself and may be streamlining the process directly to the decentralized model. And will be coding that.

A major update is coming soon on BlackHalo and BitHalo. So that will mean an update for BitBay too. This you can expect within a couple weeks.

The drama, the fact that nobody ever tried that hard to get me a staff (why would they when they were trying to screw everyone) has set me back a bit.

So, for now, i just code markets on my own. Its not a hard job. Pegging is more tricky because its a protocol change, its new mining rules and Bitcoin is a bit hard to follow business logic mixed with other logic. Regardless we will get er done be patient.

What can the community do?
Find me a coder who is not busy doing 100 things who knows assembly, c++, python, and has at least 10+ years experience who is not going to gouge us hard on the price. And he has to be fast worker too, no hour padding, no procrastination. I might want him on a BitHalo contract too just in case he procrastinates or lies about his credentials.

In other words right now, i benefit more from a super coder than from a group i have to teach.

I'm in negotiations with a couple groups in china or india but im not yet convinced its the best use of funds.

As for marketing, we dont have the product ready to market. It may be a premature use of funds. But Trello is a good place to organize. I can pay bounties for things that are sensible. I would love a project manager to step up and organize and handle all of that to make sure things get done.

You can get the best of the best  Dev in India for a salary of 2500$....
With all the BTC from ico ( don't know how left ) this is peanuts....
i have some serious friends how are very good dev can you send me By MP the details ?
Activity: 760
CryptoZilla
Well price is cool and i have quite some coins.

I would also put focus Decentralized Marketplace rather then pegging, form investor standpoint pegging is a good way to protect them. It would even be better for me, since i own more then 6% of the whole coin supply, so make me rich and peg the thing. But i am not intrested in the money, not at this moment. We must first draw intrest to the coin and make people trade with it, when we up to attention this will also up the value of the coin since it definitly will up the demand for the coin meaning higher prices.

I am a investor but also my love for trading is really deep i want also be a part of an initiative that can change the way we life and trade, i have been trading since my 14th. I hope Bitbay will be an good adition and a very good alternative for eBay, don't forget marketcap eBay is set at 71Billion!! let say Bitbay does 10% of that meaning marketcap 7.1Billion meaning 1coin close to $7, but this is all wishfull thinking. I am not intrested in the price if the price will remain this low i will up my coin to 10% of total coin supply, i believe David has also 10% so we have atleast 16% wich are in good hands. I am also willing to put something up for marketing but that will be discussed when there is a product otherwise there is nothing to market for.

So to summerize it all focus should be the product Decentralized Marketplace, pegging is good idea but not so good idea if the coin is not known enough. I hope David shares the same vision, regardless what he does i will support the path he chooses, but off course i am free to speak out my mind. I also wish everyone happy holidays enjoy your time with family and friends, don't forget we have a winner in our hands.

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
@issie81

I don't post a lot (sort of a lurker), but made an account to support David. I thought I was doing well,but forget whale...... you are like a prehistoric Megalodon! Good prices at the moment though.
CryptoZilla
Just did another 4BTC:)
Bob cant stop me
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
David said he would add me on Trello to explain the mechanisms of Pegging.
Wonder if  he is still going to do that

Sorry i dont check this too much. Anyone who wants to be on Trello PM me your name there and i can add you. Even better to PM me on reddit. I try to read the messages when time permits  Wink

Thanks . ill Pm you on reddit then
Here is what i found with regards to Pegging of Nubits
https://nubits.com/about/price-stability

Is it a similar plan for the Bay too ?
My understanding is that pegging and the marketplace together will ensure that there is continuous demand and supply for the coin .
Pegging it to a constant value (lets assume $1 for example) would make the total value only (1 Bill + 1% per year) USD .

My suggestion would be to continually raise the peg  once or twice a year thus increasing the total market cap and buying and selling of goods and services would increase too (in terms of total value exchanged)

My methods will differ a bit. They are strictly about deflation and inflation. Liquid and frozen coins move from one side to another depending on price. Walls are placed below the supply line. Not sure if i want a ceiling perhaps its not required. Videos covering it are on Trello. So PM me that too.
Activity: 1540
Grabbed more Bay. Price looks so lucrative.  Tongue
legendary
David said he would add me on Trello to explain the mechanisms of Pegging.
Wonder if  he is still going to do that

Sorry i dont check this too much. Anyone who wants to be on Trello PM me your name there and i can add you. Even better to PM me on reddit. I try to read the messages when time permits  Wink
legendary
David can you update us how last week changed the roadmap?, is everything still in place and is there something we can do?

Cheerio

Yeah, my coders are switching to more simple tasks like getting Mac and Linux distributables. I'm now coding markets myself and may be streamlining the process directly to the decentralized model. And will be coding that.

A major update is coming soon on BlackHalo and BitHalo. So that will mean an update for BitBay too. This you can expect within a couple weeks.

The drama, the fact that nobody ever tried that hard to get me a staff (why would they when they were trying to screw everyone) has set me back a bit.

So, for now, i just code markets on my own. Its not a hard job. Pegging is more tricky because its a protocol change, its new mining rules and Bitcoin is a bit hard to follow business logic mixed with other logic. Regardless we will get er done be patient.

What can the community do?
Find me a coder who is not busy doing 100 things who knows assembly, c++, python, and has at least 10+ years experience who is not going to gouge us hard on the price. And he has to be fast worker too, no hour padding, no procrastination. I might want him on a BitHalo contract too just in case he procrastinates or lies about his credentials.

In other words right now, i benefit more from a super coder than from a group i have to teach.

I'm in negotiations with a couple groups in china or india but im not yet convinced its the best use of funds.

As for marketing, we dont have the product ready to market. It may be a premature use of funds. But Trello is a good place to organize. I can pay bounties for things that are sensible. I would love a project manager to step up and organize and handle all of that to make sure things get done.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Allergic to false promises
Hello everyone
What works David and BitBay team right now?
Thank you...

No idea what is working them Cheesy
I hope for them that it are some asian masseuses, but I guess you want to know what they are working on.
Well afaik they are following the roadmap.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Hello everyone
What works David and BitBay team right now?
Thank you...
legendary
Keep in mind that the 1% annually stake interest doesn't mean you get it on a daily basis.
I myself sometimes have to wait for a few days, but over a period of a year you will get your 1%.
That's my experience so far with PoS.

When the staking Android wallet will be released, I will be staking 24/7 with my Android TV device, that's for sure. Cool

Oh yeah, maybe I am a bit early, but nevertheless:

Happy Christmas everybody!!
Activity: 560
Can anyone remind me kindly of the time it takes for coins to Mature and start staking in the wallet?

Thx alot!

Could'nt find it anymore Sad

8hours;)

Thx but that means something is going on since on the main page of the wallet it says staking 0.00.

But the Thunder logo in the bottom corner does say its staking.
CryptoZilla
Can anyone remind me kindly of the time it takes for coins to Mature and start staking in the wallet?

Thx alot!

8hours;)
Activity: 560

Thx alot!

CryptoZilla

Cheerio
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
Activity: 49
Due to little volume and trade history coin-swap.net will be delisting BAY. Please withdraw from your coin-swap.net account ASAP.
Activity: 57
I have update my Block Explorer with Richlist for BitBay. I update the Explorer manual so somtimes the Explorer is not updatet.
RJF
Activity: 616
Online since '89...
Just in case you haven't heard about this:

From Cryptoarticles http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/bitcointalk-user-spreading-malicious-clients-opal-considering-blockchain-rollback

"We have received a report that concerns anybody who frequently visits the BitcoinTalk forums, and has updated one of their coin clients as of late. A user by the name of “diabanhxeo” has been spreading hacked cryptocurrency clients for various coins, containing a backdoor in order to steal wallet.dat files.
OPAL.png
The report was brought to our attention by the Opalcoin team, as they had noticed there was a hacked/misbehaving client on the network. It turns out one of the Bitcointalk forum users has been spreading an infected client; not just for OPAL, but also for different altcoins which have seen wallet updates as of late.

These hacked clients contain a backdoor, giving that user access to any computer where these malicious clients are installed. As a result, he/she will then breach your computer and attempt to steal any of your wallet.dat files. The wallet.dat file contains your coin balance and transaction history, so your coins could be gone before you know it.

Fake downloads are rather easy to spot though, as the download links are usually embedded in a reply, and not posted by the official coin developers or team members. It also appears this user targeting Windows users specifically, and uses RAR files to package the malicious client, whereas coin developers usually use ZIP files."

Edited for brevity...

legendary
I would suggest to keep a thread like this here alive for publicity purpose.
Team posting updates, newbies questioning and so on.

For the "real" talk about technical stuff and the like, I would appreciate a forum on the main site and/or a decent chat function in the client.

Just my 2 BAY
Jump to: