Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg - page 47. (Read 541982 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 3
@BOoOBa - Yes, the BAY community is waiting for OEX.com to fulfill their commitment to be listed with their very important exchange.
Let's hope they are honorable and do it. I've been hearing about it for a few months now, with launch dates kept being pushed back.
Activity: 27
Merit: 1
Great ! It seems that bitbay will position itself as the decentralized "Ebay" in crypto mode! it's very interesting!!

Do you know if other exchanges place are planned after Bittrex Upbit and LiteBit.eu ?
Yes, the BitBay Marketplace should be a huge draw...

The idea to "create a decentralized shared economy platform" for like Uber and Lyft using our contracts would be huge - Bay is ready to do that.

@shaydinblue - This is a community project, feel free to print some BitBay shirts to sell on the Marketplace!  Great Idea!!
If you want to donate from any proceeds - there is a donation button on the top of the Marketplace Client after you receive your payment.
You can also donate your Staking coins to whomever you like, again, using a feature already in place in the Market Client.
Activity: 48
@dzimbeck - Question for you?? I own and operate a small screen printing company. I was wondering if I first got permission to print some Bitbay shirts to sell on the market, is there is a way to allot a portion of the sale to Bitbay automatically to help further development or what not (maybe through a smart contract). Would this be welcome? Is this possible and is there some sort of a tutorial or something that would explain to me how to implement this? Just curious, but if it is possible and I have a green light, I would love to run with this idea? Please let me know you thoughts?
Activity: 307
Merit: 109
Can't wait to tap into the share economy. With BitBay trustless contracts we can create a decentralized share economy platform - for all share economies, not just Uber and Lyft!
Imagine an Uber platform where drivers make all the profit!!

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Uber-protests-in-SF-What-you-need-to-know-what-13829342.php
Bitbay is on the cusp of doing some great things. I really interested to see how the dynamic peg is received once is goes live on an exchange (ideally a few exchanges). But what really made me double down on my Bitbay position recently was the demo version of the web market. As someone who regularly uses an online selling platform (Esty) I was very impressed with the web market and the features it currently has. It's not too far off from being on par with Etsy or Ebay and I assume it will only get better with time. I think the web market has a lot of potential and could be the thing that draws the masses to Bitbay... Good things come to those who wait...
legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
I for one am really getting sick and tired of watching all the other coins that are not 1/10th of what we are, blowing us out of the water.

I personally think the primary cause is name confusion - nobody knows who we are, look at our volume.
Everybody I talk to thinks we are the Polish exchange. It's very frustrating and has been like this for years... Years.
One of these days, if things don't change soon - the competition will eventually catch up.

Our fantastic name is killing us. 

David has another fantastic name - BitHalo.
We could do a 1 to 1 hard fork and leave all the "Bay" Exchange confusion behind.

Considering that we have to negotiate with exchanges for the peg, our team is dedicated to doing that right now. We will need a lot of funds to properly negotiate and dedication of most of the team to complete that final step. Once we see the exchanges with their pair looking like dynamicpeg.com then brand changes can be calculated. Because a rebrand will cost 5 figures easily, maybe 6 done nicely.

With the BitBay name, we have proven spiritually that we were able to take the project from being sabotaged to a few hundred grand marketcap up to a half a billion dollars and now down to 7-10 million respectively. So many people made money or at least had the opportunity to cash some of them up thousands of times from the bottom thank goodness. So a rebrand is okay since we have proved our point. However, I assure you that this price drop has absolutely nothing to do with branding and it has to do with the bear market and our core investors already positioned as well as potential market manipulation across the exchanges. Of course there is also stonewalling and foolishness through the industry as a whole. People aren't yet looking at what blockchain can do and instead still gambling on it. This is why the peg is a core feature meant to fix that problem. And all the code is done there is just final touches and negotiation left to do. Be patient.

BitBay name might have other issues besides the exchange and I'm not sure if it's conducive to a physical currency... examples like "euro", "dollar", "peso" are more currency sounding. As far as names I've looked over lists of other names and BitHalo is one of the best. It's also the project that started everything so it certainly has the history and worth to back it up. Although as usual we are fine to chat about other names as well. For now though it's not the priority.
I for one am really getting sick and tired of watching all the other coins that are not 1/10th of what we are, blowing us out of the water.

I personally think the primary cause is name confusion - nobody knows who we are, look at our volume.
Everybody I talk to thinks we are the Polish exchange. It's very frustrating and has been like this for years... Years.
One of these days, if things don't change soon - the competition will eventually catch up.

Our fantastic name is killing us. 

David has another fantastic name - BitHalo.
We could do a 1 to 1 hard fork and leave all the "Bay" Exchange confusion behind.
Don't forget this everyone!   Shocked
https://beta.bitbay.market/market
It's coming along nicely... Let's keep filling 'er up.

Also, testing on the peg continues rolling along smoothly.
Activity: 155
Merit: 11
https://bitbay.market
Guys just to correct an important point from the last few posts, we are listing on OEX.com NOT OKex ! Although OKex would be very nice indeed, we're still happy to be listed on a top 20 exchange that should hopefully bring some more volume to BAY very soon.
legendary
Questions about the exchange listings: Has Bittrex indicated one way or the other how they feel about the peg?  Does OKex listing Bitbay in a few days imply that they will implement the peg when it is ready?

So far we do have exchanges that are showing a lot of interest. Oex did say they would do it. However it's a good amount of code so they need to be ready to work with our devs at the moment. We cross that bridge after the final tests of the demo.
@shaydinblue - the peg is still in demo testing; it's working great if you want to try it.

In the meantime, the other exchanges are waiting for it to be ready for demonstration when the time comes.
Let's be patient and get through our newest listing in the next few days... then we can really dive into the ongoing expansion.
Check out the Roadmap here: https://bitbay.market/roadmap

Also, when I download the Marketplace Client for staking it takes almost exactly 24 hours and I use a dedicated computer.
I have no problems and when I send or receive coins, it's super fast.
Questions about the exchange listings: Has Bittrex indicated one way or the other how they feel about the peg?  Does OKex listing Bitbay in a few days imply that they will implement the peg when it is ready?
legendary
True exchanges don't always last,but clearly Bitbay the exchange is not going anywhere. They've been around as long you and seem to be one of the bigger exchanges in Europe (or were until they moved to crypto friendly Malta last year). Coinmarketcap says they are doing some 10 million in daily volume. Considering that it's hard to see them going belly up and it seems unrealistic to wait and hope for that to happen. They have a logo that is sort of similar to ours and a Google search for Bitbay has them showing up in the number one spot and Bitbay.market showing up 5th. That has to be hurting us as a project in terms of being discovered. It's understandable that rebranding is not in the budget at the moment but I think it's something that needs to be seriously considered as some point down the road, especially as when the project is more ready for prime time. There are several examples of coins that really took off after a rebrand. For example, Antshares gave up their cartoony ant logo, rebranded to Neo and that's when the project really started taking off. Personally I don't think BitHalo would be a good choice, but nothing else is springing to my mind either at this time. Perhaps when you are ready you could see if someone in the community has a good idea. It could literally be anything as long as it's you unique and somewhat catchy. Think about Etsy, that name would have brought nothing to mind before it existed, but now it's a household name because it's the catchy name of a very useful site and successful....

More client issues: So I download and installed the client, imported my wallet and the blockchain has been synchronizing for the last week is finally at 100% today. Problem is I see nothing in the marketplace, it is empty. Are there things for sale in the marketplace and I just can't see them? What's the problem?

The market is empty because people are testing the demo of the web based market instead. I suppose the decentralized market is for people who take their privacy very seriously and want to do business with the software which has got to be one of the most secure ways to do business around.

As for names, we don't really have the funds to rebrand right now. If we are forced to take small exchanges for the peg then it might make sense to fork with two brands. Moving the team to the new one but keep the exchange listings 1:1 copy to the new chain. BitHalo was meant to be an escrow name, branded specifically for "honor amongst thieves" being able to force honesty. It was also a cobranding name to be able to put a Halo on any project to make it righteous. So I'm not sure it's the name to use on a rebrand but maybe.

If a name comes along that we all agree is incredible then we can consider it more strongly but so far there has been nothing else.
@shaydinblue - Agreed, the BitBay Exchange is not going away. Period.
Rebranding would be a good thing; however, unless we come up with a better name the developers don't want to change it because of the innate ability for the name BitBay to draw traffic.

This is the most feature rich platform on the market and we are kinda stuck in obscurity.  Hopefully the Asian exposure will help here shortly!
True exchanges don't always last,but clearly Bitbay the exchange is not going anywhere. They've been around as long you and seem to be one of the bigger exchanges in Europe (or were until they moved to crypto friendly Malta last year). Coinmarketcap says they are doing some 10 million in daily volume. Considering that it's hard to see them going belly up and it seems unrealistic to wait and hope for that to happen. They have a logo that is sort of similar to ours and a Google search for Bitbay has them showing up in the number one spot and Bitbay.market showing up 5th. That has to be hurting us as a project in terms of being discovered. It's understandable that rebranding is not in the budget at the moment but I think it's something that needs to be seriously considered as some point down the road, especially as when the project is more ready for prime time. There are several examples of coins that really took off after a rebrand. For example, Antshares gave up their cartoony ant logo, rebranded to Neo and that's when the project really started taking off. Personally I don't think BitHalo would be a good choice, but nothing else is springing to my mind either at this time. Perhaps when you are ready you could see if someone in the community has a good idea. It could literally be anything as long as it's you unique and somewhat catchy. Think about Etsy, that name would have brought nothing to mind before it existed, but now it's a household name because it's the catchy name of a very useful site and successful....

More client issues: So I download and installed the client, imported my wallet and the blockchain has been synchronizing for the last week is finally at 100% today. Problem is I see nothing in the marketplace, it is empty. Are there things for sale in the marketplace and I just can't see them? What's the problem?
legendary
I've seen two post in this thread recently by people confusing our Bitbay for the Bitbay exchange. I also just watched a youtube video with one of the Bitbay devs and the host mentioned that he originally thought Bitbay was the polish exchange until he really dug in and figured out it was actually a coin/decentralized market with the same name. Is the any plan that will be implemented down the road to address this at any point? Clearly it causes confusion as evidenced by customers of the exchange posting on this thread and who knows how many crypto enthusiasts attempted to check out Bitbay via Google and ended up at the exchange or looking at the exchanges twitter. Bitbay is a cool name, but it seems like a unique name might be the way to go in the long run maybe. Just wondering...

Well exchanges don't always last. I suppose we could always rebrand as BitHalo which started it all however that is a software solution that was supposed to be cross-platform for the escrow service and was branded that way. We have discussed other names but honestly nothing springs to mind. Besides, success is the best revenge and it would be nice that it happens with the BitBay name after all we went through. We existed at the same time as the exchange so it is a funny coincidence. I never really understood why they chose that name for an exchange since it's not what I think of when I hear the name. Plus there is the cost of rebranding which is beyond the scope of our budget at the time. Perhaps the peg fork will either force our hand (to keep exchange listings) or bring the funds to have a more serious convo on that subject.
@shaydinblue
I am a big investor and believe in BitBay.market the crypto and the main developer.
Having said that... It can be confusing for the average joe in the beginning.
Pages:
Jump to: