Pages:
Author

Topic: BitBay OFFICIAL BITBAY Thread Smart Contracts Decentralized Markets Rolling Peg - page 45. (Read 541982 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 3
@Blockchain Mechanic - What the hell are you doing? Are you soliciting coin for your own benefit on a BAY thread?!?  Not Cool.

ALERT - *Blockchain Mechanic* IS A FRAUD AND A TROLL!

I think you are a distracting troll.  David Z put up an address for contributions to help our cause above, and then you come right back with a ton of information about what YOU are doing; and then ask for a contribution to your own project - which is confusing to people that want to contribute to BAY.  Again... not cool.

So... as a huge investor in BAY I am asking Munti to BAN you permanently from this thread.

We don't want you taking up our time or space with your "project" or begging for contributions for your cause when we have our own contribution drive going on to list with more exchanges. Please go away and troll somewhere else.

Bay is kicking ass with the Marketplace in beta testing and the Peg is done!
We have accomplished what we set out to do and have the most feature rich crypto on the planet.
We must be over the target, as that is when frauds and trolls like Blockchain Mechanic come out of the sewers.
Invest in TRULY DE-CENTRALIZED BITBAY and BE FREE!
 https://bitbay.market/wall-of-features

Official Bitcoin (BTC) address for contributions to list BAY on exchanges for peg implementation:
3P45R8RGmdLzjWgucp2X56eAexadNRrJTY
Activity: 380
Merit: 103
Developer and Consultant
Listing BAY as a coin seems simple enough. What are these extra lines for , the peg ? if so lin some tech specification or example and i can work it in.
Activity: 90
Merit: 3
Well listing BAY requires a thousand or so lines of code they have to add.

Is that including the peg?
Developer and Consultant
Anyone who can send coins, please do! currently re-syncing the wallet for better performance.

BP1tctq9XooKNLwgfMUG8YVH73FsmsLgqy

legendary
Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044
Well listing BAY requires a thousand or so lines of code they have to add. However for the exchanges who net multi-millions per year it should be trivial. It shocks me to see some of the nonsense that gets listed in 100+ exchanges, it seems like a mafia of sorts. I'm not sure the exchanges we are talking to care either way it's just another way to make a buck. I wish they could understand how powerful the peg really is. However if they are bank owned indirectly, that might explain why some of them act the way they do.
Activity: 48
Merit: 1
people can be greedy sometimes. Binance charges something like 250k for a listing, wowzers...
Developer and Consultant
Hey everyone, so it's looking like we have at least 2 exchanges lined up for the peg. And there might be more who will ask for BTC. As there is really no way around this, I think it would be best if everyone from the community who has a vested interest contribute something. We will need at least 10 BTC for these exchanges however if we can raise more even better considering there are many exchanges that will probably ask similar things. I think it's personally worth it as we have waited 5 years and finally have completed this feature of the rolling peg. I think if everyone made a contribution it could leave us room to negotiate with even more exchanges. It's not my style normally to ask these things however exchanges will always charge (and sometimes they can get pretty expensive).

Of course it is up to each individual person however obviously if everything goes our way it will be worth it. I know we aren't in a bull market right now, but there is no telling when the altcoin industry will boom again and we have the only coin in the world with a decentralized dynamic supply. I'm going to post the address here. Thanks and let me know if there are any questions/suggestions/ideas.

Bitcoin address:

lol...and there it is...

We have been paying out of pocket for the past 4 years. Donations aren't required we will list regardless. It's that simply every single exchange will come back at us with a 3-15 btc cover charge. LAToken wants 7, BTC-Alpha 2.5 and IDAX 15. So actually just even getting a single Bitcoin would be helpful because this is going to wipe us out. We also have to be careful because OEX just stole 3 BTC from us. They said they would list and didn't. We can't risk that again. Otherwise would put exchanges on double deposit escrow which might turn them away from negotiations.

Personally I think exchanges should list us for free. What we created here is a coin that can reverse a bear market. It's crazy what this peg can do. So to be honest I don't know why BAY isn't on 100s of exchanges with this peg. It's a million times better than what Basis wanted to do and we did it while they raised 100 million for vaporware(and then they bailed on it). So trying to get a couple Bitcoins is trivial. IEO scams raise a million bucks and we are scraping with tech in hand. It's sad that we are even in a grind at all and most likely I'm gonna have to front the majority of the costs. I prefer not asking however it's absolutely worth it to see who would like to pitch in. If they don't, we will list somewhere anyways even if I've got to fly all around the world to get the connections.

These are disturbing trends I have noticed, people throw tons of money at projects with nothing but a whitepaper and have no interest in supporting projects with an actual product. Another is the high prices exchanges are asking for coin listings. Why the hell would you need even 3 BTC to list a coin ? I have been working on my own project :- Xequium for a while and have been hearing stuff like this a lot lately.

Xequium has an in built exchange , follow the link for screenshots, it will have a robust api to rival or beat all existing ones, yet i do not think that i would charge such exorbitant amounts. Maybe because it is my first time running an exchange , but i think that is way too much. See below for a proposed cost breakdown :-

Here is how I calculated the costs for the unique wallets setup :-

For every coin :-

1x rock pi 4 model b starter kit, storage and shipping- $263.23

For every 48 coins :-

1x 48 port managed switch ~ $800

For all coins :-

1x UPS/APS  - ~ $8000 (haven't asked about shipping and used would be cheaper but less reliable and probably no recourse in case of failure)

1 custom server cabinet to hold all the hardware :- price unknown but should be < $1000

So per coin i am looking at a hardware cost of  ~ $ 300 (excluding the UPS and cabinet)

I'll add $100 for labour and even tack on an additional $50 for stuff like handling a swap/hard-fork. Add an internet cost of $50 for uncapped bandwidth and for electricity and cooling.

That comes to a cost of $500 to add a coin. 0.06 BTC at today's price. So even in greedy mode, if i go at 0.1 BTC per listing i'm still charging 1/30th of what i hear other exchanges charge.

So what am i missing ? How come they charge so much ?
legendary
Hey everyone, so it's looking like we have at least 2 exchanges lined up for the peg. And there might be more who will ask for BTC. As there is really no way around this, I think it would be best if everyone from the community who has a vested interest contribute something. We will need at least 10 BTC for these exchanges however if we can raise more even better considering there are many exchanges that will probably ask similar things. I think it's personally worth it as we have waited 5 years and finally have completed this feature of the rolling peg. I think if everyone made a contribution it could leave us room to negotiate with even more exchanges. It's not my style normally to ask these things however exchanges will always charge (and sometimes they can get pretty expensive).

Of course it is up to each individual person however obviously if everything goes our way it will be worth it. I know we aren't in a bull market right now, but there is no telling when the altcoin industry will boom again and we have the only coin in the world with a decentralized dynamic supply. I'm going to post the address here. Thanks and let me know if there are any questions/suggestions/ideas.

Bitcoin address:

lol...and there it is...

We have been paying out of pocket for the past 4 years. Donations aren't required we will list regardless. It's that simply every single exchange will come back at us with a 3-15 btc cover charge. LAToken wants 7, BTC-Alpha 2.5 and IDAX 15. So actually just even getting a single Bitcoin would be helpful because this is going to wipe us out. We also have to be careful because OEX just stole 3 BTC from us. They said they would list and didn't. We can't risk that again. Otherwise would put exchanges on double deposit escrow which might turn them away from negotiations.

Personally I think exchanges should list us for free. What we created here is a coin that can reverse a bear market. It's crazy what this peg can do. So to be honest I don't know why BAY isn't on 100s of exchanges with this peg. It's a million times better than what Basis wanted to do and we did it while they raised 100 million for vaporware(and then they bailed on it). So trying to get a couple Bitcoins is trivial. IEO scams raise a million bucks and we are scraping with tech in hand. It's sad that we are even in a grind at all and most likely I'm gonna have to front the majority of the costs. I prefer not asking however it's absolutely worth it to see who would like to pitch in. If they don't, we will list somewhere anyways even if I've got to fly all around the world to get the connections.
@Piston Honda - I saw your transformation from supporter to persistent troll. I'm guessing you sold and regret it? Not too late to buy back in, it's actually a good time to jump back on the train. Or be a hater for the rest of your life, up to you...
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Piston Honda, what happened to you...you was a positive person once, I took your advice and it paid off.
All i see you post nowadays is crap (sorry, it has to be said).....your like a dude going from party to party standing in the middle of the room and
shouting this party is shit....grab a drink, mingle...get your crypto mojo back...or not... Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto

Bitcoin address:

lol...and there it is...
Just finished reading this entire thread. It's crazy, everything that BitBay has been through to get to this point. David Zimbeck and the community have overcame every obstacle, weathered every storm and are now on the verge of success. It is very encouraging to see that many people have stuck with Bitbay since the ICO or shortly afterward and are still part of the community, either here or on Slack, etc. I've held BAY since 2017, but recently took a greater interest when preparing to chop down the number of coins in my portfolio. BitBay made the cut for sure, it is as solid of a project as it ever was if not more so and one of the most promising projects in crypto. I have faith in David and the team and believe that the success of Bitbay is almost a certainty consider what they have developed. I don't have much money to donate, but I'm making a small donation to the exchange listing fund. Every little bit helps...
Activity: 50
Been here since the beginning...and I'm looking forward to seeing the peg in full swing,
so I've sent you guys a wee contribution. Kiss...keep up the good work.
legendary
I think if everyone made a contribution it could leave us room to negotiate with even more exchanges.

Been following you guys for 2 years now and never even bought you a beer, so I'm happy to chip in. That's a BTC address?

This is the BTC address the "3" symbolizes multisignature. And thanks by the way. Although this one won't go to beer.  Cool
The more we raise obviously the more exchanges we can get on at once.

Activity: 1
I think if everyone made a contribution it could leave us room to negotiate with even more exchanges.

Been following you guys for 2 years now and never even bought you a beer, so I'm happy to chip in. That's a BTC address?
legendary

Bitcoin address:
Activity: 307
Merit: 109
DAI is on coinbase, even in the USA. I just checked online.

This is really good news for us for multiple reasons!!

1) We are way more compliant in regards to a decentralized stablecoin protocol compared to their system.
2) There system is designed for one reason - decentralized leverage trading and lending interest earnings. And yet Coinbase is able to list them! US regulators hate margin trading.
3) MKR token isn't listed and most likely is a security. Either way, we don't have any sort of "common enterprise" token that reaps all the profits from a stability fee. Yet they still listed DAI.

This should be a good foundation to stand on once we are ready to present peg package to exchanges.
There is no way Coinbase would be able to list DAI in US if regulators were already holding them in a hot seat for a protocol they felt was against their guidelines 
https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/exchange/coinbase-launches-dai-dai-stablecoin-on-retail-platforms
Activity: 307
Merit: 109
@BOoOBa - Yes, the BAY community is waiting for OEX.com to fulfill their commitment to be listed with their very important exchange.
Let's hope they are honorable and do it. I've been hearing about it for a few months now, with launch dates kept being pushed back.

I tried your project, it's viable. I wish you success because your idea is practicable.

Thanks! We certainly hope it will finally be able to change the status quo of crypto market cycles.

While Bitcoin takes 3-4 years to complete 1 cycle. We are speculating that we could complete one in as little as 3-6 weeks

Activity: 27
@BOoOBa - Yes, the BAY community is waiting for OEX.com to fulfill their commitment to be listed with their very important exchange.
Let's hope they are honorable and do it. I've been hearing about it for a few months now, with launch dates kept being pushed back.

I tried your project, it's viable. I wish you success because your idea is practicable.
Activity: 155
Merit: 11
https://bitbay.market
Hi all.

After more than 4 months of trying to have BAY listed on the OEX exchange, we have had to concede to the fact that they have stolen our listing fee and will not be listing us.

We have tried many times to get an exact date of listing and each time there has been a delay with various excuses.

Knowing we have had 3 BTC stolen which could have been spent on marketing or put towards another exchange listing is very frustrating. We will look into legal options to try and recover the fees, as long as it isn’t too expensive of course.

Please feel free to share this news on social media or other chats, and let’s help to make sure no other projects are scammed into losing money from this exchange.
Pages:
Jump to: