Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin 2013: The Future of Payments - San Jose, CA - May 17-19, 2013 - page 5. (Read 17384 times)

legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
Saw this guy in first class on the way home. Anyone know the old geezer? He looks like he had an eventful weekend, too. Must have been partying at the convention next door to ours.

That's Stan Lee. He was signing autographs at the comic convention next door. I wonder if the guy on the left even has a clue about who is sitting next to him.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
Saw this guy in first class on the way home. Anyone know the old geezer? He looks like he had an eventful weekend, too. Must have been partying at the convention next door to ours.

no, i think i saw him in the mining session. Grin

Somehow I doubt that  Roll Eyes

Though I could TOTALLY see Tony Stark (Iron Man) as a bitcoiner.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

no, i think i saw him in the mining session. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1099
Thorough enjoyed meeting so many people at the conference!
legendary

legendary
The alt chains panel had Chris Larsen of Ripple. I can't say that I was convinced that ripple was decentralized.

I can't say I was convinced that your t-shirt was torquoise, but then again, I may have to have my gay card revoked >.<
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
I am interested what Charles Lee sad about Litecoin?
he should be speaking atm...
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
The alt chains panel had Chris Larsen of Ripple. I can't say that I was convinced that ripple was decentralized.

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1204
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
legendary
Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000
Live and enjoy experiments
Worth every satoshi I paid
legendary
what are the freebies you guys get ?

T-shirts from the registration. Also, at various company desks I've seen stickers, buttons, and even chocolate bitcoins. At our desk by BitcoinStore we have more stickers, buttons, and jars of snacks, and Casascius stopped by and dropped off a few aluminum bitcoins without private key stickers. There have also been the sponsored/hosted parties with free booze and food.
legendary
Lunch works better if you guys can.
BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
BCJ
I'll be wearing a pink carnation in my lapel

cypherdoc, smoothie let's try to meet up at breakfast

cypherdoc, I bought some of your coin designs from

http://btctrinkets.com/presta2/index.php?id_product=16&controller=product

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
1Kgyk4nQSzb3Pm9E9vWiGVyJ6jpPwripKf
ready for another day at the conference. I flew all the way from Australia for this and I'm glad i did.
legendary
I'll be the one in the turquoise shirt...right cypherdoc? Ok see you all In a few hours ok ... Cheesy
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
This conference was definitely worth the price. So much material being covered.

smoothie.  the new elitist. Smiley

Lol I admit I was being an ass earlier this year when talking about the conference. I concede once again I was wrong in my presumptions.

... sell out ... you'd do anything for a coin.

Wrong. I wouldn't scam someone. If it comes to trading fiat for coin on exchanges you bet your ass I will take the profit I make.  Grin

Nor would I knowingly lie to get coin. Lol

He would do anything for coin; but he won't do that.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
I enjoy meeting people from the forum in person to finally put a face to a name. So far the forum members I've talked to include:

cypherdoc
mindtomatter
aantonop
etotheipi
maaku
JoelKatz
CoinHoarder
Gavin Andresen
misterbigg
gmaxwell
Luke-Jr

...and several others whose handles I can not remember.

OMG - Luke-Jr is there! Does he really look like his photos? That's the one person I would really like to meet. LOL

Gah. I haven't seen 2/3rds of those people yet.
I feel you, it's so big and with so many things to do it's hard to find everyone.

I hope to grow my own list today, I'll be wearing a red buttoned shirt in case anyone tries to locate me.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
what are the freebies you guys get ?
legendary
WAAAAH this conference is so much fun!!  It's been amazing meeting so many of you thus far. This movement is gettin' cray.

Sucks we're both so busy we never get a chance to hang. I think I only saw you twice this whole time!

Lol well I had a shirt on that said "I am a smoothie". Didn't have any problems. The conf is too big for that stuff.

Very good turn out!

Dude, I still have yet to see you! Stop by the table at the BitcoinStore section and say hi, please! Bunch of people have asked about you already.

I will stop by tomorrow.
Pages:
Jump to: