Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin 2013: The Future of Payments - San Jose, CA - May 17-19, 2013 - page 10. (Read 17384 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
I'm hoping to come down from SF for a few hours. Does anyone know if there will be a "more reasonable" one day fee at the door or if entrance is closed now?

Ill have a beer with ya if nothing else...just pm me when your around.
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
I'm in San Francisco!  Where can I spend bitcoins?  Is there a list somewhere?  I'm only aware of Cups and Cakes, the sushi restaurant, and the grocery store that were listed in that reporter's article about trying to live on bitcoin.

Note that San Francisco is very, very far from the conference. Hope you got a hotel room closer.

Troll...

San Jose is under an hours drive from sf. Many people commute that daily in ca.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
I'm in the Bay Area, is this worth going to San Jose for if you are not going to spend the $300 to actually go in the event?

The $300 entrance fee actually makes it more of a Bitcoin elite/high society club. Why don't we "commoners" get together at Singlebarrel on San Salvador st Saturday night? If the lords & ladies of Bitcoin Abbey want to come too that's fine.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Who knows maybe this conference will be a Woodstock of Virtual Currencies someday haha
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
for those not attending the conference, there will be some 'talk radio' coverage as the hosts of Free Talk Live are broadcasting live each afternoon from the conference, you can listen at http://lrn.fm/ or on tune in radio app on smartphones , search 'Free Talk Live'
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Another piece of fun advice:  Laptop thefts happen with some regularity at tech conferences ... at a Bitcoin conference if the thieves don't STEAL ALL THE LAPTOPS, they're sleeping on the job.

Prepare for theft by having a good backup and either not leaving coins on your laptop or at least using full disk encryption and wallet encryption. Be prepared to keep your laptop with you at all times. Consider bringing a lock for it.

Let's hope Marriott and the rest of the major hotels are done changing all the guest room locks:
 - http://arstechnica.com/security/2012/12/fix-for-hotels-electronic-door-lock-hack-slow-to-roll-out/

I'm coming and I'm not bringing any coins with me. Fuck that.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
You guys realize this things going to be a media frenzy now. I hope the venue holds up.

That's why I posted early on this and waited for an official thread to appear want it to be exciting Smiley And the forum to unite there XD
Even though I won't be going sounds like it will be interesting its the convo's not the speakers sometimes Smiley
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Everyone going to this conference, please post pics and let us know how everything went.

I'm so mad cannot join, so I'd like to get as close as possible to being there Wink thx
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Im going to show up, il be the guy in the green yankees hat Cheesy
Activity: 454
I'm in the Bay Area, is this worth going to San Jose for if you are not going to spend the $300 to actually go in the event?
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Community Manager at Letstalkbitcoin.com
The cast of "Let's Talk Bitcoin!" will be in San Jose this weekend!

We would love to meet some of our fans and hear their take on bitcoin.

http://www.meetup.com/Lets-Talk-Bitcoin-San-Jose-2013-Conference-Meetup/events/119200952/
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
I'm hoping to come down from SF for a few hours. Does anyone know if there will be a "more reasonable" one day fee at the door or if entrance is closed now?
Activity: 743
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 905
Merit: 1011
Ugh, just found out about the GigaOm meetup tonight. Registration is closed. :\
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035
I'm in San Francisco!  Where can I spend bitcoins?  Is there a list somewhere?  I'm only aware of Cups and Cakes, the sushi restaurant, and the grocery store that were listed in that reporter's article about trying to live on bitcoin.

I'm hoping to use the Gyft app to the full extent.
Activity: 328
Heading down for the GigaOm meetup tonight.  I'm just assuming there will be room at the marriot or hilton or something right near the convention center.
legendary
Activity: 905
Merit: 1011

Note that San Francisco is very, very far from the conference. Hope you got a hotel room closer.
Activity: 328
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
it's one of those things that is not really worth going to unless you are speaking or on the panel.
You're missing the point of conferences.

One does not go to a conference in order to listen to the presentations - those will be recorded for later viewing. One goes to an event like this for the socializing and for the networking. The conversations that happen out in the hallways while the presentations are going on are more important than the presentations themselves.

I thought he was asking if any one of us was interested in presenting on it, maybe I misunderstood, but I completely agree with you - and that's why I'm going Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1013
it's one of those things that is not really worth going to unless you are speaking or on the panel.
You're missing the point of conferences.

One does not go to a conference in order to listen to the presentations - those will be recorded for later viewing. One goes to an event like this for the socializing and for the networking. The conversations that happen out in the hallways while the presentations are going on are more important than the presentations themselves.
Pages:
Jump to: