Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin-24.com matching engine seems broken, site down. - page 4. (Read 64416 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Is there actually any evidence that Simon has done anything wrong ? Should not specific accounts be targeted if the govt. suspected money laundering. Since they're the biggest bully in the schoolyard, they do as they please anyway.

Now, if just every customer of Bitcoin-24 got together and organized a protest against the Govt, that would spur some interest, for inctance have a few thousand of the customers wave flags outside the prosecutors office, showing him that there's real people, living real lifes, having real assets frozen. As long as there's no opposition, nothing happens. What the Prosecutors office are doing at the moment is theft. They're taking the money of ordinary citizens and holding it hostage. They're relying on all of the customers to be fearful of the prosecutor.

Good idea. I hate having to do this, but I will. Send me pm if you decide to organise this.

+ 1

i thought all through this matter, that simon was no scammer. how many of those epic btc related fuck-ups turned out to be carried out by such a genuine guy. the reason the fiat clients of simon have their fiat frozen is not that he was a scammer, it is because commerzbank of germany and some police and some berlin prosecutor were to paranoid/eager. simon is a hero. blame the german authorities.

Would it be possible to file a lawsuit against the German government because of this, seeking payment for all the grief and problems this has caused for thousands of customers ? Or should it just be, after say 2 years and the authorities find that, oh - sorry there wasn't any problems anyway, here's the money back (if that happens), no consequences for the authorities ?

The only reason the authorites can act as a bully is because the people let them do so.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
Is there actually any evidence that Simon has done anything wrong ? Should not specific accounts be targeted if the govt. suspected money laundering. Since they're the biggest bully in the schoolyard, they do as they please anyway.

Now, if just every customer of Bitcoin-24 got together and organized a protest against the Govt, that would spur some interest, for inctance have a few thousand of the customers wave flags outside the prosecutors office, showing him that there's real people, living real lifes, having real assets frozen. As long as there's no opposition, nothing happens. What the Prosecutors office are doing at the moment is theft. They're taking the money of ordinary citizens and holding it hostage. They're relying on all of the customers to be fearful of the prosecutor.

Good idea. I hate having to do this, but I will. Send me pm if you decide to organise this.

+ 1

i thought all through this matter, that simon was no scammer. how many of those epic btc related fuck-ups turned out to be carried out by such a genuine guy. the reason the fiat clients of simon have their fiat frozen is not that he was a scammer, it is because commerzbank of germany and some police and some berlin prosecutor were to paranoid/eager. simon is a hero. blame the german authorities.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
yeah, btc holders win twice
when the site was closed btc was about 50-60 EUR , now 105 , so  value doubled
while fiat holders could not buy btc at low price and perhaps all fiat will be lost  ,
so not only 100% vs 0%  btc/ fiat, insted 200% vs 0%

nice, i can congratulate for this to the site owner

And this is exactly why he could have easily refunded everybody instead of letting FIAT holders potentially lose all their investment. Seeing as bitcoin has doubled in value, for people who were probably gonna panic sell their coins at that moment anyway, it could have been a win win and everybody would have had their investments back.

Too bad he didn't think that way, and too bad the bitcoin holders of course, will argue, that they didn't have their bitcoins there to sell them so they would have probably held them anyway. Yeah right. Human greed. The world is never fair eh ;-)

It's just on an idea level for me - I'm not affected as I never put anything inside bitcoin-24, and I don't even live in Germany. But if somebody chose to organize it and show their dismay with the prosector, I'm sure that it would get news coverage.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
BTC Withdrawals will be enabled on 28. April before 18:00 GTM +2
We had some technical issues.

news ;-) https://bitcoin-24.com/

if you get back all your btc, while me and others lost all our fiat,
i will do everything to make the site owner life hard not to share the lost beetween customers
(if the site was closed some hours earlier i would have only btc at my account or at my wallet,  i made only 1 trade from btc to fiat)

where are the fiat owners?  

I'm a fiat only holder there. I can say I'm really happy to see my fiat balance again, eventhough it's frozen. Taken a screenshot now Wink

I think it's a big step forward. I'm very happy for the btc people they have their bitcoins back.

I hope it will all end well for the fiat holders too.
Activity: 89
Merit: 12
while fiat holders could not buy btc at low price and perhaps all fiat will be lost  ,
Indeed...

So, the german authorities have frozen fiat account in order to investigate a suspected money laundering.
Doing that, they've left the owner organize a massive and very effective escape of this laundered  (bitcoined) money.

If I have not some fiat frozen in this shit, I would lol much more.
But lol anyway...

legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
Good Smiley

Post here once your btc appear. Im waiting now.
Activity: 569
Merit: 500

Activity: 126
HEY! BTC withdrawals ARE ENABLED NOW! \o/

Lucky you, just a mean tease for the FIAT holders. I can login and see my FIAT amount but do nothing with it. Pf.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
HEY! BTC withdrawals ARE ENABLED NOW! \o/
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Some good news at least from Bitcoin-24.com

According to a notice on the website:

I just registered and made my very first deposit on the site. I did't even use the fucking site previously.

Just out of curiosity, giving the history of a lot of bitcoin exchanges, did you do any research prior to depositing the money ? Not trying to be a smartass, just asking ?

I've got just as much sympathy with you as the next guy (meaning that this shouldn't happen and that it sucks).

The problem with trading bitcoins is that if you really do your due diligence properly, then you've got nowhere to go.

I guess you could say the same thing about fiat banks. Cheesy

Activity: 134
I just registered and made my very first deposit on the site. I did't even use the fucking site previously.

Just out of curiosity, giving the history of a lot of bitcoin exchanges, did you do any research prior to depositing the money ? Not trying to be a smartass, just asking ?

I've got just as much sympathy with you as the next guy (meaning that this shouldn't happen and that it sucks).

The problem with trading bitcoins is that if you really do your due diligence properly, then you've got nowhere to go.
Activity: 308
Jack of oh so many trades.

It was the second biggest after Mt. Gox in terms of volume being traded. I (we all, probably) assumed everyone else did the research and that's why there were so many people trading there  Wink

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
i will do everything to make the site owner life hard not to share the lose between customers
Prosecutor already made side owners life hard
Activity: 569
Merit: 500

news ;-) https://bitcoin-24.com/

if you get back all your btc, while me and others lost all our fiat,
i will do everything to make the site owner life hard not to share the lost beetween customers
(if the site was closed some hours earlier i would have only btc at my account or at my wallet,  i made only 1 trade from btc to fiat)

where are the fiat owners?  
Activity: 756
Merit: 522

Mega brutal indeed.
Pages:
Jump to: