Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin-24.com matching engine seems broken, site down. - page 6. (Read 64416 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106
here it is
https://www.bundesanzeiger.de/ebanzwww/wexsservlet?session.sessionid=177f1349e818404e843a1aa94d580597&page.navid=detailsearchlisttodetailsearchdetail&fts_search_list.selected=88a9d5e82d42f197&fts_search_list.destHistoryId=00202

basically its telling: the prosecutors have secured the money of the german bank account. it stays with the prosecutor until the procedure is finished. it can only be withdrawn by the owners by filing a civil lawsuit in germany.

before anyone is sueing btc24 i would recommend to first claim your money at btc 24 lawyer. if they dont react properly you can still file a lawsuit. btc 24 owner simon hausdorf/his lawyer mr röhl do not even know of exactly what is the accusation. they have not received the prosecutors files yet. it is way to early to conclude that a crime really happened. check out this thread first:

http://board.btc24-help.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=141

Activity: 288
Merit: 250
ManualMiner
here it is
https://www.bundesanzeiger.de/ebanzwww/wexsservlet?session.sessionid=177f1349e818404e843a1aa94d580597&page.navid=detailsearchlisttodetailsearchdetail&fts_search_list.selected=88a9d5e82d42f197&fts_search_list.destHistoryId=00202

basically its telling: the prosecutors have secured the money of the german bank account. it stays with the prosecutor until the procedure is finished. it can only be withdrawn by the owners by filing a civil lawsuit in germany.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
Publication in the Bundesanzeiger

The Bundesanzeiger publishes a document [1] from the Berlin prosecution office. The document confirms that around 2.5 Million Euro were confiscated. It says that the confiscation and it's publication enables Tatverletzte (victims basically) to claim their funds through the legal system, which the prosecutor "strongly recommends". This can of course cost money, and there's no guarantee to get your money anyway. And the document speaks of a time limit, creating a sense of urgency.

This Document speaks of victims, when there was no conviction or even indictment yet. The presumption of innocence goes right out the window.

We don't know if there was any fraud and if bitcoin24 will be able to reinstate their services.

But people with a significant investment in bitcoin24 might see that differently. Bitcoin24 still hasn't published anything trustworthy that confirms that all the customer funds can be repaid. An affidavit comes to mind.

Basically it means customer funds are gone. How many are going to fight in court for the money?
Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

I'm sick of those "i look professional" business that do not help bitcoin. I have to go seek every single piece of information? Not ANY mail?

I hear you man. Also did not receive a single email from them. That's VERY unprofessional.

I hope you don't file another lawsuit against them though as I think that just lowers my chances to see my money again.
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1013
waiting for 3500€ to be paid out.
is there a mailing list of victims or shall we set up a site?
we definitely should combine our forces.
it even could help Simon by showing the authorities we aren't criminals, that do money laundering.

If you're an EU resident, this doc will give you some insight about the (real) ways and means to get your money back:
http://ec.europa.eu/civiljustice/publications/docs/guide_litiges_civils_transfrontaliers_en.pdf
this is the path i gonna take personally. I have time and money, i hate unprofessional poeple, i do not care so much of my 2700 euro, i just care on suing. Also Always wanted to visit varsovie.

step 1 gather information on how to prosecute in eu.
step 2 gather other europeans
step 3 go to see the police.

Seems like a clear path and i don't give a shit about what they say anymore.
I'm sick of those "i look professional" business that do not help bitcoin. I have to go seek every single piece of information? Not ANY mail?
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
here is the document.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2329063/Beschluss%20Scan_geschwaerzt.pdf

german aouthorities.... WE ARE LOST. they are the most uninformed, stubborn, incompetent lifeform on earth. we should sue THEM, not simon. yep, we should all sue the german authorities and banks who created this mess. after we are through with them they´d never touch btc accounts again.

"We" should?
Activity: 89
Merit: 12
it even could help Simon by showing the authorities we aren't criminals, that do money laundering.

If you're an EU resident, this doc will give you some insight about the (real) ways and means to get your money back:
http://ec.europa.eu/civiljustice/publications/docs/guide_litiges_civils_transfrontaliers_en.pdf
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Simon's operation was closed due to "suspicion of fraud" not ml,

" Ladies and Gentlemen,

regarding your question, I would like to inform that due www.bitcoins-24.de not the Bremen authorities, but law enforcement authorities in Berlin are responsible for the facts in the investigation. The investigation on suspicion of fraud will be conducted at the StA Berlin under number 241 Js 380/13.

I ask relevant questions thus jurisdictional convenience to be sent to the local authority in Berlin. "

therefore there maybe still a chance for fraud charges to be dropped and maybe continue the operation, or just let everybody get their money out.

Nope. There was an older investigation, under number 290 JS 47630/12, that was actually the cause for freezing and impounding his accounts. It had gone on for some time already (at least early March) and was for suspicion of money laundering.

The 241 Js 380/13 fraud cause started much later, probably after bitcoin24 was closed by Simon. Both investigations are now bundled in Berlin, so its correct that Bremen authorities dont have anything to do with it anymore.

I had posted a rough estimate of the timeline earlier (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1877068).
Activity: 60
Merit: 10

There is already a board set up for the victims to hold together: http://board.btc24-help.com/ - no need for any new site. Though it's a little messy at the moment, it'll be cleaned soon, hopefully.
Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Activity: 13
pff I'm starting to loose hope that I will see my BTC's back  Embarrassed
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Anyone who thinks a Bitcoin exchange which allows you to make transactions without verifying your identity isn't at high risk of having their bank accounts closed without notice and being reported to authorities for possible money laundering activity is displaying an astonishing amount of wilful ignorance. 

Let's not pretend that people are unaware of the risk they're taking when using such services - they're just hoping they'll get their funds out before those services come under scrutiny.

If you've got significant funds on Bitcoin-24, be prepared to prove that you acquired them legitimately.
Activity: 349
From a victim of "misunderstanding" regarding money laundering, Simon now turned into a scammer of almost 30k btc. He could've done at least some symbolic steps to show his intention of returning the btc, such as opening a page showing account balances and the possibility of his customers to initiate a withdrawal request, even if only to keep records of it.
+1

A page to check balances would be really a good gesture, and more frequent communication.

Agreed; is Simon currently in custody or something? The deafening silence doesn't bode very well...

Nope. Some people had contact with him over the last two days.

You can the last posts here: http://board.btc24-help.com/
aby
Activity: 22
From a victim of "misunderstanding" regarding money laundering, Simon now turned into a scammer of almost 30k btc. He could've done at least some symbolic steps to show his intention of returning the btc, such as opening a page showing account balances and the possibility of his customers to initiate a withdrawal request, even if only to keep records of it.
+1

A page to check balances would be really a good gesture, and more frequent communication.

Agreed; is Simon currently in custody or something? The deafening silence doesn't bode very well...
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
+1

Activity: 28
I am really curious how many pages this topic will reach....
Activity: 288
Activity: 294
This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!
The authorities closed Simon's little money laundering, ... Imagine all the money laundering after a successful phishing.

You say that like money laundering is a bad thing.  Huh
I think there are a lot of people interested in bitcoin who still fall prey to state propaganda.

Folks, entertain the theory that any good business that respects the privacy of its customers qualifies as an open door to "money laundering".

+1 from me Smiley

I liked very much that Simon did not do the whole identity/NYC thing.

I knew that was risky of him though.

But now I realize it was risky of me :/

Still I'm not 100% convinced that is what brought it down since mtgox and bitfloor also had their accounts closed, even with NYC if I understand correctly.

But, yeah, here it seems worse, not just closed account but frozen.

The cash withdrawals weren't wise of him to do as it makes you 'suspicious', but I do that too with my bank.

Makes me realize I need to become a lot more careful. When dealing with exchanges, and when dealing with my bank.

This certainly has been a lesson for me. Not sure if I will ever cash out bitcoins again.
Activity: 9

i deposited bitcoin, never sold bitcoin, can't withdraw bitcoin. No bank was ever involved.

Yet somehow the banks are to blame and simon is jesus 2.0. Love the seized hardware rumour he's putting out so he can hold onto people's bitcoin. He can update his website but can't return bitcoin. hmmm

I'm 'lucky' in that I only deposited a small amount of bitcoin. Still annoying and hope he gets raped in prison.

I understand you are angry. And it's justified to feel angry. However, wishing Simon gets imprisoned and raped is just disgusting of you.
+1

...is there some better way to do "plus one" replies?

+1

Smiley

+1 (x2) I think we need a system to rate posts here, and I agree wishing Simon gets imprisoned and raped is just disgusting.
Pages:
Jump to: