Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin and Fiat - this is how I see the future - page 12. (Read 3960 times)

Activity: 170
Merit: 10
Selling a car for cash may not be the best example, as we need all kind of registrations too, together with the contract. However it is true, governments prefer more transparency.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
The ownership of your property changes due to the transaction. We deal with bitcoin. Bitcoin transactions are increasing day by day As a result, the ownership of our properties is also changing.
Activity: 244
Bitcoin could not challenge Fiat, and no country would give up its fiat to support Bitcoin, which would be a foolish government.
Activity: 58
Bitcoin has more advantages in the future, there is no doubt about it.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
At a time where I see currencies moving away from cash to digital I think the reason is partly so that governments can control the flow of their currency more particularly for laundering. They can possibly gain more taxation from a cashless currency because cash cannot be fully traced. If i sell my car for cash to another individual the government dont get any revenue from that because it is not traceable.

So in a governments aim to control our money it will leave a big opening for bitcoin and other decentralised crypto to exist along with fiat and will allow people to "trade" anonymously with each other over a completely independent infrastructure.
Yeah, and this is why some government are against on cryptocurrency, not because they can never corrupt on a cashless society but they can't work well if the taxation will fade, and soon the government will lose its authority on monetary system because of decentralization. We cannot replace fiat currency to digital currency, its quite impossible to talk about this right now.
Activity: 96
We must leave crypt and fiat.  Need some quick replacement and Fiat just fit.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
Fiat will always exist. It is impossible to imagine an economy without cash. Together with Fiat currency, digital currency is also a full-fledged means of payment. Each of the nos has its own advantages and disadvantages. But together they perform one function. The digital currency supports Fiat.
Exactly what i would of said very on point!
Activity: 524
Merit: 100
This is why most of the governments are already promoting digital payment options. But the question is that whether crypto can compete with other digital payment options.

As time goes on, I am sure even government will definitely come up with their own cryptocurrency since they are willing and ready to accept blockchain technology as the future rather than completely accept decentralization or cryptocurrencies.
Nevertheless, I am quite certain there is nothing the government can do to eliminate bitcoin or cryptocurrency space at large, which certainly comes with the possibility of the two going hand in hand as time goes on.
Activity: 378
In the near future, paper money will be replaced. It will quickly supplant them as a means of payment. Possible candidate for this place is bitcoin or another crypto currency.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 214
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
At a time where I see currencies moving away from cash to digital I think the reason is partly so that governments can control the flow of their currency more particularly for laundering. They can possibly gain more taxation from a cashless currency because cash cannot be fully traced. If i sell my car for cash to another individual the government dont get any revenue from that because it is not traceable.

So in a governments aim to control our money it will leave a big opening for bitcoin and other decentralised crypto to exist along with fiat and will allow people to "trade" anonymously with each other over a completely independent infrastructure.
But the question is,cryptocurrency is decentralized so how can government able to control the monetary then?anonymity of the people here is one concept thats why this might not happen

But i love your thoughts here because thats true about fiats is more untraceable than cryptocurrency
Activity: 98
Bitcoin and fiat soon work together for better future but we can't deny the fact that digital money keeps on developing everyday and that makes this currency great than fiat.
Activity: 798

Many benefits can gain for government if government use cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. If government implementing blockchain and cryptocurrency, they can trace crypto transaction and able to preventing illegal transaction.
Government can collect more taxes easily and peoples hard to avoid from tax obligation
Activity: 308
Merit: 11

Fiat will always exist. Cryptocurrencies can meet the needs of small scale. For the existence of the state it is necessary that the real sector of the economy. This is only possible with the help of Fiat. People who believe that cryptocurrencies can displace Fiat do not understand the basics of the economy.
Absolutely right. Fiat will always exist. At least because in the society there will always be groups of people who do not want or will not be able to switch to using crypto currency. Crypto currency and ordinary paper money can only walk in parallel with each other.
Activity: 244
To know that Bitcoin cannot be controlled by any country or individual, and that Fiat can be controlled by the state, this is a completely different concept, so we should think of Bitcoin as an investment.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
Thats a good thought about the bitcoin and fiat tie up but there are again few more questions that arises. I mean why government will choose bitcoin for this purpose and why they cant just go and rule out the cash itself? So that by declaring that they will be using only digital forms of payments ? They can always do that and same thing is happening in country like India. Where to stop the money laundering they literally changed the currencies throughout the country and declared that use of digital payment will be rewarded. The results were pretty good and I guess its worth to think that government can control it the way they want.
We need to wait and to update ourselves on the possible changes and improvement on the system of bitcoin and cryptocurrencies on the future. Support and continue to used bitcoin for us to hold a greater future with bitcoin and to make a better chance to be successful.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
There is no doubt that the function of Fiat will be weakened in the future. People will be more aware of the importance of bitcoin, and the government will accept the change, but it can not be unrestricted to let the development of bitcoin.

Even that things happen in the future the possibilities of being adopted till in question or doubts, most of the countries around still not fully aware about how crypto works, they still treating this as scam since the value keeps on fluctuating and the end users mostly use it for investment and not a currency itself, fiat will still be used by majority and bitcoin as a alternatives when more people embrace this innovations and adopt new technology.
Activity: 100
Bitcoin will not be inflationary, even more valuable in the future, which is why I like Bitcoin,
Activity: 392
platform for everyday business

Actualy there is a big connection of bitcoin and the fiat money into the future,because at the same time they are both usable as a tradeable currency in the market,but due  to decentralised and anonymously the government aims to control it by making it regulated in order to gain an income tax and control the money laundering or some illegal activities,even though this legalization of digital system is hard to achieve now,because every country have a different vision about this cryptocurrency investment.
Activity: 392
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
I think bitcoin is very difficult to challenge the status of Fiat, because these countries make the currency has the right to support the state, as long as the national power exists Fiat will always be strong.

The world is constantly evolving towards positive and useful things will be used and promoted so I think if Bitcoin or another coin in the cryptocurrency market becomes the global currency of the world is very Happens. I hope that the cryptocurrency market will have a strong position in the world.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
But not many government support bitcoin though? And correct me if i'm wrong, but don't people say that we can't track bitcoin transaction? Because once it's moved to another place, we can't really trace or know where our bitcoin is now.
Fiat is already used for a long time, and of course it'll nearly impossible if we want to be able to watch control and track everything in this world. But i bet fiat is doing just fine and no need for government to change that. Maybe just change and rework things they want to happen as they planned.
Pages:
Jump to: