Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as Main Currency - page 6. (Read 6012 times)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
February 14, 2017, 12:06:05 PM
No, it's not what it's meant to be. It's better of as an alternative to whatever currency is used in the country. Even just the thought of the majority of people using it makes me somehow queasy. Sure it would be nice to be able to use it anywhere but the government wouldn't be happy with a currency it can't regulate. Seeing it starting to replace fiat could cause them to crack down on it. Or they'd jump the bandwagon and try to digitize their fiat.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 1159
February 14, 2017, 10:40:14 AM
No. I will create many problems for government so I don't think government will allow bitcoin as main currency.

the fact is true with that, uncontrolled money totally will make the government disagree with the approval of the usage of bitcion to their country yet the advantages to the users totally helps if it uses for transactions, and I guess it will be hard to be publicize and I think the best is just to make it an option as payment or transaction to be use to.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 295
February 14, 2017, 09:51:42 AM
No. I will create many problems for government so I don't think government will allow bitcoin as main currency.

Many people expect bitcoin will be approved by government regulation, because if it had been drawn up by the country's financial laws. All public facilities will accept bitcoin. Do you think otherwise? If so, congratulations. You as bitcoin user will continue as if a subway worker who was never appreciated by world governments, particularly in America.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
February 14, 2017, 06:56:17 AM
being a decentralized and uncontrolled and ruleless currency government will never accept bitcoin as main currency but well government could modify or make a new currency of such type to enable wld wide transaction worry free and with just click of few buttons.
Activity: 246
February 14, 2017, 06:36:16 AM
Why would any government accept bitcoin as their main currency when you don't have the control over it and if you look throughout history fiat is controlled by a central authority and we need bitcoin as the top digital currency for the whole world and anyone can invest in it and transfer all over without much fees and that is the catch of bitcoin.
Activity: 658
Merit: 251
February 14, 2017, 04:19:04 AM
No. It will create many problems for government so I don't think government will allow bitcoin as main currency.
Activity: 798
Merit: 505
February 14, 2017, 04:15:13 AM
Bitcoin might be popular, yes, but the about bitcoin and its characteristics are not still suitable for a currency of a country. Though it will be really great if bitcoin is a currency of one country, bitcoin can be quickly transacted which is really great. Still there are holes in this cryptocurrency, its flaws must be found and make a debate about it after.
I agree with this.Tho bitcoins are at its finest popularity now it will never ever have the potential to be a main currency in any country now even tho that country hails bitcoins much.Being a main currenct consider so much things,characteristics to be lined as one of it.It needs to pass so many laws in countrys regulations due to being a main currency.So i thimk bitcoin being a main currency isnot possible yet
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
February 14, 2017, 03:55:49 AM
I was just curious but, what would you guys think if Bitcoin was the main currency of America. Would you like it and agree with it or would you agree with the current main currencie(s) we have.
I think that won't happen for now, I know not all their citizens are well educate about in bitcoin. Unless if the President of the US will make a new law of declaration about this matter. If ever that happen it will become an advantage for us too as bitcoin users in the whole, it means the price value of bitcoin will increase for sure.
Activity: 246
February 14, 2017, 02:51:07 AM
Governments wants to take full control over people's financial transactions and they will even replace it with their own version of Bitcoin in the

future. { One example is e-Krone in Denmark } So if these governments starts to use Bitcoin, they will try to take over the development and then

manipulate the currency to favour them and to infringe on people's private financial matters. We will lose all Pseudo-anonymity, because they

will regulate it to death.  Angry
I do not know how e Krone work ,is it the same technology used by bitcoin. It is certain that the government can manipulate if they are planning to come up with a digital currency and people will not necessary trade those and the success of any coin depends upon its innovation and transparency which i highly doubt any government based coin would have.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
February 14, 2017, 02:47:55 AM
Bitcoin as a decentralized cryptocurrencies is far more better than being control by one country. I will not pray that should happen as America elites will used it to oppress the mass because they will try to buy all the coin and enslave their fellow citizens. But as a decentralized currency, the elites can't do that as no one knows the owners of individuals account.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
February 14, 2017, 02:47:41 AM
Governments wants to take full control over people's financial transactions and they will even replace it with their own version of Bitcoin in the

future. { One example is e-Krone in Denmark } So if these governments starts to use Bitcoin, they will try to take over the development and then

manipulate the currency to favour them and to infringe on people's private financial matters. We will lose all Pseudo-anonymity, because they

will regulate it to death.  Angry

how is regulation a bad thign exactly? if the government will regulate it the value will skyrocket in no time this is guaranteed, and as a main currency ti will acquire a huge marketcap

bitcoin can't simply be a main currency of one country because it can still be used everywhere by anyone that's the beauty, therefore the america will only have strict rules in their territory
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103
February 14, 2017, 02:34:54 AM
As an investor I'd be happy because it would mean a great increase in value. Bitcoin wouldn't go to the moon, but it would leave the Solar System to reach the nearest star!
It's good to dream, but it will never happen, at least until the dollar exists and is in a good shape. For Bitcoin to become the official currency there would have to be chaos first, the death of wall street, banks, and a crisis the country hasn't seen before. It would have to be so big to make people desperate and in need of something to fill the gap a burned out currency has left.
Activity: 518
February 13, 2017, 11:09:16 PM
I was just curious but, what would you guys think if Bitcoin was the main currency of America. Would you like it and agree with it or would you agree with the current main currencie(s) we have.

If bitcoin will be the main currency,  the opinion of each person will divisible if agree or disagree. It will no longer be decentralized and will be limited because it will held by the government.I don't  know if the government agrees to replace the currency of America.
Activity: 850
Merit: 504
February 13, 2017, 10:04:07 PM
I'm not sure that is possible for Bitcoin to be main currency in America or elsewhere. That would mean that it should replace fiat money and that is just not possible and no government would allow that. But it's possible to get more excepted and more equal to fiat money not just in America but in other countries too, especialy the developed ones.

So true, no government will allow this currency which they cannot control. Like the move of recent country like Philippines,Japan  and others to allow bitcoin as a legal tender is the best they can do and let exchanges pay the license. This license is the same as taxing them which add revenue to government and also to monitor illegal transactions.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
February 13, 2017, 09:59:48 PM
I don't know how people on this forum can keep making these claims when it comes to them thinking that bitcoin has the possibility to be able to become the main currency in a country, let alone the world. Even if Bitcoin ever got to that point, which I highly doubt it ever will, governments would never let people go ahead and use that instead of using the FIAT currency from the country in which they reside.

I personally agree if bitcoin be main currency. but, I feel that bitcoin main currency on the internet. for paypal or others are merely a payment processor, and cryptocurrency currency here on the internet, and bitcoin is the main currency in cryptocurrency

Let me change that for you bud, Bitcoin is the main used currency when it comes to this niche community and maybe a few select sites that accept it. Some places accept it in real life but you gotta get lucky on finding them.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
February 13, 2017, 09:41:33 PM
Thing is certain if the main currency is centralization, we all know that bitcoin is both decentralized so that no one can control the bitcoin. If you want to make the bitcoin main currency certainly needed official institutions can fully control the bitcoin.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
February 13, 2017, 09:35:31 PM
Yes but currency without the store of value property becomes worthless eventually, every single time.
Money is both, which is why it's ideal as you say, and should always be strived for, otherwise you get currency crises like we're experiencing in the fiat world.
Bitcoin is good as a digital currency because it is the first pseudo digital currency and nothing can replace it.
Even though the use of Bitcoin should be promoted it should not become the main currency.
It also has a highly volatile cost I.e it may be 700$ for 1btc and the next day 1000$.
Bitcoin can be promoted more as an investment kind of thing .
Moreover we don't know who created it and who governs it .
So Bitcoin' s trade should should be promoted it should be used as an investment but not as a main currency.
Activity: 350
February 13, 2017, 06:49:48 PM
It is clear that bitcoin is only the online currency and good for investment but making as main currency then i think still their is lot of time to declare it as fiat currency influence is too high.
With bitcoin being the first digital currency it is meant to be like that and not be a main currency of any country.It is definitely the main digital currency  and nothing could replace that in a very long time and no alt coin could challenge bitcoin in the near future.
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
February 13, 2017, 06:10:24 PM
Why just US? Why not all countries of the world? But if it becomes a currency of a country, are you willing to give up anonymity?  Are you willing to give control over your bitcoin to the government? I don't. Let us keep bitcoin as an alternative currency and keep it away from the grasp of any government.

Yes I agree we should keep bitcoin as an alternative currency without the control of government, and I don't think government will not go after it imposing crap bills that may drown bitcoin economy and its free will along with the users freedom to earn it freely. It won't be possible to become a main currency because bitcoin price is somewhat unpredictable and sometime it may drop of its price value, and I'm pretty sure business owners would likely to have this kind of fluctuations specially when talking profitable income.
Activity: 959
February 13, 2017, 04:23:58 PM
It is clear that bitcoin is only the online currency and good for investment but making as main currency then i think still their is lot of time to declare it as fiat currency influence is too high.
Bitcoin beats its competitors because of the community size it has. If it was smaller than another crypto's community, it is not unlikely that other crypto would take the position of the "best" or "only" crypto to do online business with or whatever.

Fiat will always have influence as long as it is impossible to buy everything with bitcoin.

Of course bitcoin has the biggest community compared to all other crypto currencies.
But compared to the fiat currencies, the community is very, very small.
Even under the best circumstances bitcoin won't be able to play in one league with the big fiats.
Or maybe my imagination is just not big enough.
Pages:
Jump to: