Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as Main Currency - page 9. (Read 6012 times)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 654
February 12, 2017, 06:49:19 PM
bitcoin was not created for a country only, IMO. bitcoin users, of course, like when bitcoin becomes more famous and many people use it, but when bitcoin become's America's main currency, I think bitcoin will be not same anymore. probably the USA government do some researches to bitcoin like identity, or kind of thing. so I wouldn't like it and agree.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
February 12, 2017, 06:48:12 PM
This is something that will be possible someday, in fact there are already some countries that are very advanced in the adoption of Bitcoin, but most of the places that I know with this level of progress are European cities, such as a city of the Netherlands, called Arnhem.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
February 12, 2017, 06:41:38 PM
I do not see bitcoin being a main currency, because being a main currency means being centralized and control by government.  Bitcoin is fitted being an alternative currency, it is its nature, decentralized and free from any regulatory grasp of the government.
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
February 12, 2017, 06:13:58 PM
Bitcoin might be popular, yes, but the about bitcoin and its characteristics are not still suitable for a currency of a country. Though it will be really great if bitcoin is a currency of one country, bitcoin can be quickly transacted which is really great. Still there are holes in this cryptocurrency, its flaws must be found and make a debate about it after.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
February 12, 2017, 06:11:18 PM
When it would be the main currency in the usa, then everyone would accept and like it,
because nobody ask someone if he like the us dollar.

I think in the future would it be possible, but it will be a long way for bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
February 12, 2017, 06:00:09 PM
bitcoin should be a voluntary second option outside of U.S legal tender laws.

let fiat burn in hyperinflation but dont make bitcoin be the government taxation tool after that.
let them keep asking for worthless fiat(or hyperledger coin thereafter). while bitcoin stays out of the jurisdiction of U.S legal tender.

that way bitcoin doesnt get limited by bureaucracy or stolen from you simply for parking tickets or other fiat grabbing reasons.

keep it free from governments grasps

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
February 12, 2017, 05:59:30 PM
I wouldn't. Let Bitcoin be what it is: a decentralized cryptocurrency that is anonymous and safe for everyone who seeks privacy. Governments would only want to secure it for themselves and seek for everyone's identity that is using Bitcoin. That's not what we want.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
February 12, 2017, 05:43:55 PM
I was just curious but, what would you guys think if Bitcoin was the main currency of America. Would you like it and agree with it or would you agree with the current main currencie(s) we have.
Pages:
Jump to: