Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as national currency? - page 4. (Read 967 times)

Activity: 162
Merit: 0
March 24, 2018, 01:53:54 AM
It is very possible. I think bitcoin has been accepted by various circles and layers of society, just how the government reacted and immediately legalize bitcoin. If the government openly supports and legalizes bitcoin, it will be very easy to make bitcoin as the national currency of a country.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 252
March 24, 2018, 01:42:40 AM
I think every country has their own money, and of course making bitcoin into national currency will be against the state itself. bitcoin may just be the currency on the internet, but if there is further development, it might just happen.
Activity: 102
March 24, 2018, 01:42:02 AM
I hope Bitcoin will do better and better, and then become a universal currency, not just the national currency.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
March 24, 2018, 01:35:51 AM
Most of the money governments have comes from the possibility of them printing money to themselves. Since Bitcoin could remove that possibility, I don't think they would accept it.

If this continues then it can be applied in other countries. Then applied by others as well. Until wait time bitcoin will become the national currency. It takes time to make it happen. Everything can be possible in terms of currency. Currently there are countries that receive payment through bitcoin amount equal to the amount of goods.
Activity: 252
Merit: 102
March 24, 2018, 01:15:30 AM
Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??
Yes it may be possible that  Bitcoin as the national currency. It is also possible that countries may develop their own crypto currency in place of fiat currency. It is very clear that Crypto currency is the future currency.
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
March 24, 2018, 01:13:04 AM
I think no. Even if bitcoin is the longest running and number 1 crypto today, it will never replace our paper money. First is that the bank still do not recognize bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as a currency, so how come it can replace fiat? Second is that there are already some government who already banned crypto exchanges in their country, and some imposed crypto regulations. Changing fiat into crypto in the future will take a lot of time and will take a lot of economic changes since every country have their own type of paper money that they are already using for thousands of years. Cryptos will still exists in the future as long as there are users, but it will never replace paper money. Bitcoin and paper money are two different things.
Activity: 127
Merit: 1
March 24, 2018, 01:06:08 AM
I do not think national currency will happen because every country will surely release their own digital currency to legend in their country, but bitcoin can be the center of digital currency in the world.
maybe the currency price in each country will refer to bitcoin price as now all coin refers to bitcoin price.
Activity: 280
March 24, 2018, 12:59:09 AM
Can we actually consider Bitcoin as national currency? Can we imagine that one day whole economic system of a country will be based on cryptocurrency and blockchain architecture?
In theory, that would be perfect. Accounts would be balanced, financial predictions could become more accurate. And even imagine that whole voting system is based on the blockchain. Or even settling most of the bureaucratic matters would be done by few clicks from your home.
copper member
Activity: 238
March 24, 2018, 12:55:27 AM
Yes bitcoin as national currency.because now bitcoin is legalized in some country and fully accepted as currency or investment program.in the future bitcoin will be our currency all over the world. bitcoin becomes an alternative payment other than the national currency in a country.  in the future bitcoin will be our currency all over the world we need to wait that time.
Activity: 210
Merit: 106
March 24, 2018, 12:42:29 AM
Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??
no. Bitcoin is decentralized, and the government will avoid anything without a full control. It is too risky for a country if the national currency is something decentralized like Bitcoin without full control over the governments. Even though there is a good side, I believe there will be a lot more of bad side.

Japan is already doing this Smiley.  Zimbabwe is another country that could do this and so is Ireland. As of now it's really difficult for any major country to come out and make it, reason is most of the country's are keen on banning it. So there's little change to see this happen anytime soon, few years down the line I feel yes.
I don't think the government fully accept Bitcoin as a payment system for their country. It just the government is in favor of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin now is legalized in some country where bitcoin is fully accepted as currency or investment program.
So bitcoin might be standing beside of their fiat money but not replace fiat because goverment protect their paper money.
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
March 24, 2018, 12:36:17 AM

I don't know if that's possible, the government wants to control and issue their own currency, how can they tax their people and all their transactions if they use Bitcoin that they cannot control so it's not possible at all. But I liked to see one country doing this.
True, the government can not control bitcoin. Chances are that bitcoin becomes an alternative payment other than the national currency in a country. So that financial sovereignty will remain awake while following the development of technology.
Activity: 372
Merit: 12
March 24, 2018, 12:35:29 AM

In my understanding there is no possibility bitcoin will be adopted as national currency,because it a form of decentralization that nobody can hold with it and its a appropriate to say bitcoin has a possibility to be international currency because of its valuable thing that could be likely as gold and some people says it is a digital gold in our era today. as we knows every countries made their own currency they don't want to copy because of their pride so there is no possibility bitcoin as national currency.
Activity: 73
March 24, 2018, 12:33:45 AM
 Bitcoin is national currency, no i don't agree with it. But I can say  Bitcoin is a global currency. We know bitcoin illgegal most of the country in the world. Bitcoin is cryptocurrency coin and nobody cannot control this coin so its impossible to national currency.
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
March 24, 2018, 12:16:21 AM
I think bitcoin can not become the common currency of nations. However, some good coin will be issued and become the common currency of the nations.

That is not true i don't agree on what you are telling that some good coin can become a common currency nationwide. I tell you eversince there is no country world wide have change there national currency for the porpuse of new coin in cryptocurrency. Its a long debate will being forms between the government and a congress.
Activity: 603
Merit: 255
March 24, 2018, 12:03:46 AM
it is possible and it is already exist but not in all country only country that bitcoin is already legalized. but in the future bitcoin will be our currency all over the world we need to wait that time.
Activity: 392
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
March 24, 2018, 12:01:01 AM
Bitcoin can not be considered a national currency, as it has not been widely accepted and some countries still do not have sufficient databases and machines to provide Bitcoin and trade in goods and services. living. Bitcoin is only suitable for some intellectuals. So Bitcoin is not the national currency.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
March 23, 2018, 11:56:53 PM
Soon I think it going to become a national currency because many people and countries are already using things

bitcoin can become a national currency but not an international currency due to the fact that some country are still banning it. however bitcoin cant still totally replace the use of local currency or fiats because majority of people will  still be using it as a default currency because it is easy and safe when compared to bitcoin or any other crypto currency. only techy and knowledgeable person can possibly use bitcoin because they understand it more.
Activity: 126
March 23, 2018, 11:47:38 PM
Soon I think it going to become a national currency because many people and countries are already using things
Activity: 169
March 23, 2018, 11:37:18 PM

My opinion is "no" my reason is that "fiat money" is the financial statement of a country.
it's like a wallet of individual person. Bitcoin is a currency known in most of countries. Some
countries even ban cryptocurrency in their country. My point is they can correlate and
exist together but one overpowering another is a threat in the other side.
Activity: 6
March 23, 2018, 11:23:09 PM
In fact, I think Bitcoin is not suitable as a national currency. The national currency is a medium that regulates the national economy. Bitcoin is decentralized, uncontrolled, and is not suitable for national currency.
Pages:
Jump to: