Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin as national currency? - page 5. (Read 967 times)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10
March 23, 2018, 11:06:54 PM
No, i  think so that bitcoin will become as national currency. Because its value fluctuates, Therefore, it can not be accepted as the currency of the country.
Thankyou.
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
March 23, 2018, 10:21:11 PM
Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??

That'll be possible to imagine if and only if bitcoin's major disadvantages are addressed for good. How can the poor, the beggars, and the elderly be favored with the use of digital currency? And most of all, how can we buy food or water to satisfy our hunger and thirst if we can't access bitcoin when we are offline?
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
March 23, 2018, 10:20:42 PM
I think bitcoin can not become the common currency of nations. However, some good coin will be issued and become the common currency of the nations.
Activity: 127
March 23, 2018, 10:17:31 PM
Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??
This is money that has ALREADY been spent. If the someone wants to stop it, they can...and may.

Even if bitcoin replaces USD, government still has to be funded and government needs to spend to keep working.

Sure it needs to be funded, but it will not be. Government will stop, or downsize considerably. They over overstepped, now its time to face the music...if not this time, then next. Its almost over, there are no more cookies in the cookie jar for these fat bureaucratic criminals to steal from. Sure they can print more, and that plays right into the hands of deflationary currencies like BTC and LTC. You see, the more officials spend, the more the "peoples" worth devalues. What would you rather HODL for long-term at these insane decisions? Not USD by a long shot. They have done it tothemselves and we have to thank them for the amazing rise of decentralized, immutable (very important), fixed supply, currencies.

Song the hymn of bitcoin all you want. I do too. But don't tie government spending with success of it.

I encourage more of this reckless, indiscriminate spending with no accountability from Governments, all it does is compounds the success of BTC. They have done it to themselves....sorry, this horse has already left the gates, now I suggest you position yourself for an amazing few years of many black swan events.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
March 23, 2018, 09:40:26 PM
For now, I dont think that bitcoin will be national currency but it has a chance because of investors. People think that virtual currency like bitcoin is risky but sometimes only.not always. Investing on bitcoin is a great choice because it's value is increasing.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
March 23, 2018, 09:53:58 AM

I don't know if that's possible, the government wants to control and issue their own currency, how can they tax their people and all their transactions if they use Bitcoin that they cannot control so it's not possible at all. But I liked to see one country doing this.
Activity: 266
March 23, 2018, 09:46:46 AM
BTC is very risky at present, and many investors are starting to lose money, so I don't think the country will accept BTC as the payment method in the short term.

Activity: 80
March 23, 2018, 09:40:35 AM

that is almost impossible. I think Nations would rather create their own crypto currency than use bitcoin for their national currency. Bitcoin is decentralized that traded without legal financial supervisor as a condition becoming a national currency.
Yes, I also do not believe Bitcoin will be the national currency in a country. Because bitcoin status does not yet have clarity, the creators of Bitcoin themselves still use a pseudonym, it is not known exactly who created it, and how it came from. In addition, no one wants to adopt bitcoin. Bitcoin is created only as a tangible digital currency that can only be used to transact online, not for transactions in everyday life.
Activity: 112
March 23, 2018, 08:13:23 AM
A global currency that's accepted and used by anyone who wants to, or for trading purposes as someone else mentioned--I could see that. I don't see a country adopting it though, at least not completely. Also, just thinking of the potential learning curve effects and pace of change involved with all citizens makes my head hurt!!  x0

I don't think  so if it will accepted as national currency because we had already a current currencies used. Even the other countries has there own currency, then how to implement as national currency?, I think it is impossible.
Activity: 246
Merit: 2
March 23, 2018, 07:50:00 AM

Let's become open minded with this, yeah maybe bitcoin can become glob currency, because nowadays technology is taking the lead, but for some reason it'll be hard before that will happen, maybe the government will become the hindrance and also the banks. What would be the purpose of the banks if our money is already a virtual money? It'll be a long run before that will happen.
Activity: 210
March 23, 2018, 07:48:54 AM
High price volatility is another thing. Chances of bitcoin dropping or gaining hard are too high, as seen quite recently. Also, we can add limited block size. And an inability to control it by the central bank, of course.

At the moment, there are just too many little things that can hold it back. Bitcoin as national currency will not happen anytime soon. However, as we continue to develop the technology and look for more blockchain applications, increase block size… maybe we can make see it happening one day.
Activity: 446
Merit: 13
March 23, 2018, 07:48:33 AM

Hi there Minnasan, I think you haven't read the news about Valenzuela. The country is famous in government illegal activities like corruption, trust and transparency issues are very common as assessed by the world bank. Thus it is a good measure to solve the issue using crypto. And that is what actually happened, they have released and created their own cryto named Petro. This is an oil-backed token with a market value of almost $6B. There is initial 100 million token, currently PetroDollar or its ticker symbol XPD cost around $0.016113 at the time of this writing. You could further see the details in just a couple google search.
Activity: 210
A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE
March 23, 2018, 07:47:45 AM
No i don't think so that bitcoin will become as national currency. Because bitcoin is not getting used by many of the countries and also its price do fluctuates.
Activity: 118
March 23, 2018, 07:43:17 AM
Decentralized currency сan't be a national currency under no circumstances. Without government's control of emission it would become a killer for the national economics faster than you would say "I love crypto"
Activity: 6
March 23, 2018, 07:33:01 AM
Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency .
Activity: 868
Merit: 108
March 23, 2018, 07:24:02 AM
I think yes because we are now in modern world that why we use modern technology, and part of being modern world is using bitcoin or cryptocurrency  we can pay any products using bitcoin or internet money being the easiest way and more convenient way to buy a product...
Activity: 98
March 23, 2018, 07:03:11 AM
One day I am sure all countries will recognize about bitcoin, because the state gets profit from tax every bitcoin transaction,
Bitcoin used as a national currency can occur if a country gives a clear legality to the use of bitcoin in the country,
But for now, only a part of the country behaves that way,
Not everyone can afford even one btc.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
March 23, 2018, 06:59:48 AM
impossible. may be the use of blockchain technology in a country as a digital currency.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
March 23, 2018, 06:45:02 AM
Every country has their own standards. Country currency is not determined by the common people in the mass. It is determined by the government which has high standards for choosing the main currency for their nation. This scenario of the Bitcoin prevailing would be possible only if some main nations accept Bitcoin as the main currency; then the others would follow ( That will never happen )!
Whilst many are concerned that the price of bitcoin is over-hyped, the technology behind the currency, the blockchain, is being used by countries and initiatives to spin off their own digital currencies.
Activity: 266
March 23, 2018, 06:36:33 AM
Every country has their own standards. Country currency is not determined by the common people in the mass. It is determined by the government which has high standards for choosing the main currency for their nation. This scenario of the Bitcoin prevailing would be possible only if some main nations accept Bitcoin as the main currency; then the others would follow ( That will never happen )!
Pages:
Jump to: