Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin banned in Sri Lanka - page 14. (Read 3207 times)

Activity: 463
Merit: 100
July 18, 2018, 10:11:44 AM
Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh

not more like any other Asian country that prohibits the trading of crypto and bitcoin.
but there is no great effect even if Sri Lanka really forbids it. I think the disadvantage is in Sri Lankan society.
Activity: 331
Merit: 0
July 18, 2018, 10:11:26 AM
Hi
According to my knowledge cryptocurrencies are not banned in sri lanka. Yes central bank of sri lanka issued some warning notices telling that investing in crypto is riskful and the central bank of sri Lanka can't  monitor or take any responsibilities for such activities. But what I feel is sri lanka can't go with the world like that.. if world economy is now moving to cryptocurrencies sri lanka too have to do that
Thanks
Activity: 350
Merit: 107
July 18, 2018, 10:08:20 AM
Maybe I am ignorant but I don't see how any government can actually ban bitcoin. Considering all the numerous ways to acquire crypto, it's not possible to ban it.
Activity: 640
Merit: 104
July 18, 2018, 10:05:37 AM
Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh
If some nation want to progress, they will have to accept crypto.
Agree with your comments. All countries that banned Bitcoin is countries poor and small. They want to develop, but they think that Bitcoin and cryptocurrency will make their economies go down. But I hope in the future, these countries will have positive thoughts about Bitcoin

I think they have taken inappropriate action, if they forbid crypto in their country means they are ready to face poverty, because every developed country will accept crypto and its users have been in every country.
Activity: 821
Merit: 20
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 18, 2018, 09:23:36 AM
I don't see or read this news about banned bitcoin in the country Sri Lanka,but I read one article statement they are giving warning but no have banned.bitcoin market got some bad this for the few countries not now accept in legally.but I have confidence it's few countries will give good news for the accept to do.
Activity: 378
Merit: 105
Active forum member, A+ poster, PM good sign camp.
July 18, 2018, 09:14:59 AM
It such a sad news for us in bitcoin market, that there are country that banned bitcoin again. But, we have to respect the governments decision regarding to bitcoin. I think the reason is because the risk that bitcoin have. Maybe Sri Lanka is afraid that their people  will be the victim of bitcoin's scam or money laundering.

I understand the fact that a country can be scared and dont want their people to be victims of scams, but clearly they havent done research about bitcoin, blockchain and therefore bitcoin will give a government and a country huge advantages by adopting it, they dont need to ban bitcoin but can make certain rules,banning bitcoin entirely is taking away the freedom of people and letting them feel like they are in jail, its rather stupid than smart to ban bitcoin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
July 18, 2018, 09:05:05 AM
the prohibitive factor of bitcoin is overwhelming. and it all depends on the country of Sri Lanka and they have the authority to ban or legalize bitcoin in their opinion. although prohibited, people in the country can still use bitcoin because trading or mine does not involve the government.
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform
July 18, 2018, 08:55:02 AM
It such a sad news for us in bitcoin market, that there are country that banned bitcoin again. But, we have to respect the governments decision regarding to bitcoin. I think the reason is because the risk that bitcoin have. Maybe Sri Lanka is afraid that their people  will be the victim of bitcoin's scam or money laundering.
Activity: 91
July 18, 2018, 08:46:38 AM
Still understand that not all countries will take bitcoin.  The more there are users of crypto currency, the less they will remain.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
July 18, 2018, 08:22:48 AM
I think cryptocurrency is not prohibited in rare parts but the banned there is if the crypto user happens something with their crypto then the government will not bertangung with the occurrence something will compete in tangkung every user crypto.
Activity: 392
Merit: 21
July 18, 2018, 08:12:50 AM
The truth of the story must be analyzed in several ways
The economy of the country
and the size of the currency trade
And many other factors
Most of the countries that banned BTC have a weak economy
Just a note
Activity: 84
July 18, 2018, 07:52:20 AM
Countries like these should you really look at the superpowers if they have banned bitcoin. and those big countries did not even do that. I am also wondering why this would have happen, if it ever did happen,
Activity: 322
Merit: 16
July 14, 2018, 10:52:32 PM
As I know no any official announcement about cryptocurrency ban in Srilanka , This is a warn and it makes the 3 months  before and Still not get any action, Don't worry  Keep your works, It will not a big issue  Smiley
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 14, 2018, 06:05:07 PM
Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that Huh?
yes I know and I heard the country of Sri Lanka does not ban the bitcoin they just warn. and that warning is not a ban, it's so much different.
do not make matters worse with this bad news, you are too big an issue

It is because people cannot read. Thy just sensationalise thing and act like idiots. Look at the times bitcoin dropped just based on what some idiot like Morgan said. I mean who cares. So many btc holders are pussies.
HODL or get out. There is no need to ever sell your btc. You spend them  hello>>> not hard to understand.

Some countries feel real threat from crypto and they hate crypto because they can't control it.
copper member
Activity: 70
July 14, 2018, 06:01:01 PM
Really?
Activity: 952
Merit: 41
July 14, 2018, 05:35:52 PM
Well I don't have any confirmation on this news but the truth still remains that most banks and government are against bitcoin due to it ability to remain decentralized and not control by any financial institutions, bitcoin is seen by most financial institutions e.g the bank as a threat to they existence so the bank will constantly look for means to discredit bitcoin.
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
July 14, 2018, 05:28:51 PM
Many stories that get circulated as bans are in fact just government warnings of the risks involved with crypto, just as they do about other investments. Look on their governments web sites for real info and not listen to hearsay.
Activity: 77
July 14, 2018, 04:41:11 PM
Most of the Asian country are going against bitcoin first it started with India and next Pakistan Bangladesh and Nepal and now Sri Lanka all the are framing anti cryptocurrency stand
Activity: 112
July 14, 2018, 04:12:31 PM
This is a bad news for the whole industry. Sri Lanka is a highly educated country. I believe that their Govt. will rethink and understand its importance soon. Thus it might be accepted there.
Activity: 840
Merit: 268
July 14, 2018, 02:27:55 PM
Are you sure that Sri Lanka's Bank of Ceylon banned bitcoin? I'm looking for an article that has this news but the results are poor.

This is one of their latest statement: April 16,2018.

Public Awareness on Virtual Currencies in Sri Lanka

They are giving warning to their people but there's no ban.

So there's no ban and about this topic, the statement was it was banned but it's not. This topic should be dumped. And look at the date the news was posted, April 16, 2018. All I think it's just a regulation in bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: