Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin banned in Sri Lanka - page 13. (Read 3207 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
July 26, 2018, 10:27:42 AM
Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh
I think Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) does not want to compete with people being their own banks.Most of the bankers are oblivious about Bitcoin and how as they put it the whole Bitcoin economy works. Scanty knowledge is prevalent amongst bankers. Very few really understand how the Blockchain works and what it means for bankers.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
July 25, 2018, 06:00:46 PM
It is hereby notified that CBSL has not provided licenses or authorization to any Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs).

Published Date:
Monday, April 16, 2018

that is an excerpt from this article https://www.cbsl.gov.lk/en/news/public-awareness-on-virtual-currencies-in-sri-lanka

I think in Sri Lanka it does not prohibit for Bitcoin transactions, it's just that they give a warning. and the warning is not the same as forbidding / banned .
Thanks for the link so it only means that they are giving warning to the people that crypto's are totally risky.

If there is another link that's latest to this link kindly provide it so that we know on what's really happening on Sri Lanka.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
July 25, 2018, 05:40:10 PM
Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh
There are other countries too like Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 who has banned crypto currencies in their nation and for instance is India 🇮🇳 and many more and there are still many countries who are still neutral with the legalisation of bitcoin but there are very few countries who has legalised it and allowed bitcoin transactions in their nation and those who has legalised it are now finding bitcoin a very better currency because now they are able to get the real potential of bitcoin and I am sure that these countries will also understand this thing.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
https://eloncity.io/
July 25, 2018, 02:42:11 AM
This not a good news, now that we have been looking for news that will make the bull market returns back, most of this country will still unban it after seeing the future the blockchain hold.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
July 25, 2018, 02:01:34 AM
It is hereby notified that CBSL has not provided licenses or authorization to any Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs).

Published Date:
Monday, April 16, 2018

that is an excerpt from this article https://www.cbsl.gov.lk/en/news/public-awareness-on-virtual-currencies-in-sri-lanka

I think in Sri Lanka it does not prohibit for Bitcoin transactions, it's just that they give a warning. and the warning is not the same as forbidding / banned .
Activity: 756
Merit: 504
July 19, 2018, 10:51:04 PM
If some nation want to progress, they will have to accept crypto.
Agree with your comments. All countries that banned Bitcoin is countries poor and small. They want to develop, but they think that Bitcoin and cryptocurrency will make their economies go down. But I hope in the future, these countries will have positive thoughts about Bitcoin

All right, progress can not be stopped and it scares many..I also very much hope that in the near future the governments banning bitcoin will understand the importance of cryptocurrency and open their country for development.
This is very poor decision by Sri Lankan government because this country is heaven for tourists and they are now becoming one of best countries after long civil war but stopping technology is not going to help them they need to think about this and give good opportunities to youngsters for proving them in past few months all other Saarc countries also ban bitcoin and cryptocurrencies
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
PlayGame.com
July 19, 2018, 10:50:32 PM
i think that the government want to make sure that the money in the country is managed by the central bank to make sure that the inflation, because in bitcoin transaction the government can't watch the owner of the address because the bitcoin transaction is anonymously
Activity: 406
July 19, 2018, 10:45:39 PM
If some nation want to progress, they will have to accept crypto.
Agree with your comments. All countries that banned Bitcoin is countries poor and small. They want to develop, but they think that Bitcoin and cryptocurrency will make their economies go down. But I hope in the future, these countries will have positive thoughts about Bitcoin

All right, progress can not be stopped and it scares many..I also very much hope that in the near future the governments banning bitcoin will understand the importance of cryptocurrency and open their country for development.
Activity: 180
Merit: 10
July 19, 2018, 10:28:53 PM

the state that forbids the bitcoin I think the country is a fool, the government wants a productive economy for the people but they ban bitcoin because they think bitcoin will reduce the economic numbers in the country, but I hope someday they will join in bitcoin.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 167
July 19, 2018, 09:35:47 PM
this is bad news for Cryptocurrency ASIA because it adds a line of countries that forbids crypto and I am sure SRILANGKA may not be ready and just waiting for time so they can understand cryptocurrency and this news will change
Activity: 126
July 19, 2018, 09:24:30 PM
I believe these countries like SRI LANKA is still having doubts or skeptical about the digital currency.Their still against cryptocurrency and yes this is a very sad news.
Activity: 122
July 19, 2018, 08:46:46 PM
They can slow us, yes.  Stop us? Thats not a possibility.

All silly act aside, Countries and leaders who take measures like this against Cryptos for security reasons are missing the point.....

I mean, if you will use Cryptos for illegal purposes then you may aswell use them when they themselves are illegal to use....  

If we are talking about terrorists, gangs, drug dealers etc or even plain money laundry folks... these guys wont be sitting cute at the public library now that theres a Ban on BTC.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
July 19, 2018, 08:34:42 PM
I think some developing nations are afraid that bitcoin will pose a challenge to their fiat currencies. Most developing nations have struggled with high inflation and view cryptocurrencies as a potential catalyst for a currency collapse. The smart nations are embracing the technology due to its potential to strengthen the economy in the long run.
Activity: 182
July 19, 2018, 08:32:12 PM
This is news we do not want. Sri Lanka has been added to the list of countries banned from using cryptocurrencies.
I think they are concerned about money laundering and smuggling using cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
July 19, 2018, 07:43:42 PM
Bitcoin, being a decentralized system,  keeps getting banned every now and then in different countries. But it's not much a matter of concern since the ban is removed after some time. Countries will be needing cryptocurrency to get developed.
Activity: 334
July 18, 2018, 11:29:39 AM
Its really a bad news for crypto family that Sri Lanka's Central Bank i.e Bank Of Ceylon ,banned crypto currencies in Sri Lanka. According to my views the Sri Lanka's govt. might have thought that it would be threat for their economy. What I observed is ,only small and poor countries are banning crypto, hope these governments will be having a positive views regarding crypto in future.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
July 18, 2018, 10:22:24 AM
I never understood these reasons for the ban of bitcoin by the country government and the banks... i am from india and recently india had also banned the bitcoin and srilanka being its neighbour country...i am not at all surprised with this news.
Activity: 69
July 18, 2018, 10:20:00 AM
Oh that's not good,but I think sri lanka is becoming more aware of new developments in technology they have started to understand the concept and principles of this idea but I believe they are not used to the idea of bitcoin.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
July 18, 2018, 10:13:55 AM
in Indonesia also used to be like that but the government quietly doing research on bitcoin so that can be studied more depth about bitcoin. I as a bitcoin user still think positively about the development of bitcoin in the world because most people feel very helpful about the existence of bitcoin in the world
Activity: 1
July 18, 2018, 10:12:22 AM
Bitcoin cannot be entirely banned. You can ban exchanges and so on, but Bitcoin itself is a digital ledger running on thousands of nodes and you cannot ban it.
Pages:
Jump to: